BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 23, 2011
I recently purchased this machine to replace a Kenmore that had given many years of good service. I was hesitant to purchase this model due to the reviews, but It is difficult to find a simple, basic canister vacuum cleaner for less than $100. I looked in every department and appliance store in town. There are dozens of $300-$500 models (mostly uprights which look like they should be roving the surface of Mars), but I'm sure there is much more mark-up in those models than in a basic canister. I spent hours here on Amazon comparing models and reading reviews. I was drawn to the Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, 22Q3, but it seemed there was a problem with finding the replacement bags. I had read that bagged models typically had better suction than bagless models, but I didn't want the hassle of trying to find bags or the expense ($4 each from Bissell). The Kenmore 26082 is very similar in size and shape to my old Kenmore, except this new one is bagless. I find it has just as much (if not more) suction as my old bag model. This unit is rated at 9.5 amps( my old one was 8.5 amps) and does a great job at picking up cat hair from my tile and wood floors (I have no carpet). It has a total of 4 screens/filters that are washable and easy to replace. It doesn't have the (expensive) HEPA filter, but seems to capture most of the dust before the exhaust. The hose is very flexible and easy to attach. The extension wand is adjustable (the old one was two piece which usually resulted in being either too long or too short). I would have preferred a Made in USA model, but for made-in-China (isn't everything?) the quality seems very good: the seals fit well and the basket and filters remove and install easily; the retractable cord works well. I've not used it enough to comment on durability, but for now I'm extremely pleased with my purchase.
on August 18, 2014
I've had this vacuum for about 14 years. I think I paid around $35 for it. It's great for tile or wood floors, and it's also terrific for cleaning your car. It's not good for carpeted areas as there is no rotating brush and the vacuum isn't really powerful enough for that type of surface. The main filter and collection bin are very easy to clean, after all these years my filter shows no signs of degrading and the seals still look like new. The only problem I have with this vac is the wide, flat attachment which you would use most often for floors - if it ever had any kind of cushioning it wore off on mine years ago. Every so often I apply some small felt strips just to keep it from rubbing directly on the floor. Other than that it's the best $35 I've ever spent on a vac.
on September 12, 2011
I got this vacuum from my brother who never really used it, He couldn't find (read didn't look for) the wand part so until i visit and find it myself I'm using a wand and 2 different flat head attachments that go to our shopvac- But since it was free it was for me! our regular upright is way too heavy for me to be lugging up the steps on a daily basis so i wanted something small that i could keep upstairs in my closet This fits the bill.

the suction is fantastic, it definitely beats out our upright, which i believe is a hoover, I've even used it to unclog our upright with great success. it's quieter and the icing on the cake is it's bagless, while the canister is small it's large enough for me to do my room and the hallway with a little room to spare.

Also with a shedding dog who doesn't always want to sleep in his bed the fur accumulates quickly on the dark blue carpet in my room. Since my floor isn't low pile carpeting I use a bristled flat attachment to loosen the hair off the rug and a flat attachment (like ones for mattresses or drapes) to suck up whatever hair the bristle attachment didn't get - this ordeal only takes me a handful of minutes as my king bed takes up a great deal of floor space.

Unless you have low pile carpet this isn't a vacuum I'd want to have to use in my living room, but it's great for one room, and i'm sure it would be great for area rugs, wood floors or tile/linoleum too.
on April 4, 2012
I had a really great, small (bagless) canister vac from Sears/Kenmore for 24 years that was a real workhorse in my housepainting business and then as my personal vacuum in the rental property business with as many as 20 rentals to take care of at one point. When the vac finally died I replaced it with a Kenmore bagless similar to the one shown here that I found, once purchased, to be terrible in design and function. It runs for 5 to 10 minutes, then shuts off due to overheating, and won't operate again until a half hour later when it cools down. The way the hose attaches to the body, it is hard to move the vac around and the wheels fall off. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. So I'm looking for a different brand with a higher rating. Sorry to give this a "one" but I could not figure out how to give it a zero.
on June 11, 2014
This has very little suction...because debris ...not socks or large objects.. just cat hair and dust seems to get caught and build up in the curve neck of the wand. I had to take it apart to run a brush through to clean it. Then the suction is restored. I am really disappointed with Kenmore because they have always been my go to for vacuums for over 25 years. Maybe it is because they are now being made in China. My newer full size canister is no longer up to par I have lots of trouble with the hose connections. Buttons that won't unlock other ones that are so lose that the handle falls off. My older Kenmore canisters were MUCH better quality.
on June 15, 2014
I have used Sears Kenmore canister vacuums for the past 40 years and have been very satisfied. Recently mine just couldn't be repaired anymore and I went looking for a new one. I really wanted a bagless model, since the sweeper bags had become so flimsy of late, tearing very easily and not filtering dust as well.
I am really happy with Kenmore Bagless Canister Vacuum. Mine has great suction and is so easy to empty and wipe clean. The only problem I have had is getting the filter to dry after rinsing it off under cold water.
I would highly recommend this product.
on December 31, 2011
I must say that this is a great vacuum. It was at the right price and it is great. I have a kenmore progressive and this little vacuum has more suction than it. The reason I give it 4 stars is because the cord rewind broke. I thought that was not supposed to happen but at least now it is easy you just plug it in and you don't have to pull the cord out all the time. Also I had vacuum the floor with my progressive and when I went over the floor with this it picked up a lot of dirt. The attachments are great and I love how the wand telescopes. Overall it's a great second vacuum. I use it more than my big one.:)
on November 28, 2010
Yes, it's a cheap little vacuum, but I love mine. It's easy to clean, and works well enough on both hard wood floor and carpet. I live in the woods in a house full of spiders and pine needles, and within three days of owning this little vac I got into places I'd never vacuumed before in the three years I've lived here. There are no longer cobwebs in my high ceilings, because I can lift this little guy up to reach them. On a really rough day I'll have to stop to empty the canister, but usually I do it about every other time. It's simple and light, enough so my three year old can manage it, and it makes short work of cheerios and ashes from my wood stove. It's my first canister vacuum, and I'll never go back. AND mine was second hand. Got it at a garage sale. It looked like someone was using it as a shop vac, which I wouldn't suggest, not enough holding space.
on October 21, 2011
i bought this vacuum not knowing it had a 9.5 amp motor, i was worried it wouldnt have enough pick up for what i wanted i was wrong for a small vacuum it has a lot of power. the only downfall is that it is cheaply made. the hose isnt long enough and the telescopic wand is very weak & flimsy. it works ok for hardwood floors but it drives me insaine using it because of the poor quality of the hose & wand.
on June 25, 2010
This vacuum has better than expected suction for the price. It works excellent on my kitchen and hardwood floors. I would not recommend this type of vacuum for carpet - for carpet I would suggest a vacuum with a powered head designed for carpet (unlike this unit).

The color of the unit varies. Mine is blue.

Cord retraction works great. The filter and canister are easy to empty and clean. No replacement parts necessary - simply run the filter and canister under water and air dry.

Unit is very lightweight and easy to tug around.

I highly recommend for light-duty everyday cleaning.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.