Truck Season Automotive Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 18, 2012
First, to provide some perspective with regard to how hard I might be on shoes, I am 50 years old, work in an office, and Fitbit tells me I walk an average of 4300 steps a day. That equates to a "sedentary" lifestyle. I have shoes that are older than my teen son.

I bought these shoes as the latest in a long line of "everyday work black shoes". Out of the box, the shoe's appearance was acceptable - the toe taper was a bit broad - more "Skechers" than "Cole-Hahn", and the leather appearance was somewhat coarse and porous. Those minor appearance issues notwithstanding, I was looking for durability over all, so the shoes went into 3-day-a-week service.

After a couple of weeks, I noticed some flaky residue inside the shoe, when I removed them after a day's activity. The same thing occurred the next night. I realized that the "flakes" were from the leather interior of the shoe's upper - it was decaying in some way and rubbing off while I walked. Obviously, this led me to wonder exactly what kind of leather is used in the shoe, and how it was cured.

After about a month, it also became clear that the shoes' leather was stretching. I would tie the shoes tightly in the morning, and by mid-day they'd become almost loose on my feet. Eventually, this effect did slow down.

I am now in my 2nd month of owning these shoes. The upper has now begun to pull away from the sole, on the inside of the ball of the foot where the show would naturally flex. Time to retire the shoes, after 2 months? I expect that I should contact Kenneth Cole, or the retailer, but frankly I'll never put another set of Kenneth Cole shoes on my feet.
10 people found this helpful
on November 13, 2014
Nice fit and feel, but feels kinda cheap.
The first day I wore them, a Drop of water fell from the condensation on a cup that I was drinking from, it left a permanent dark spot on the leather. Also by the end of the day, one shoe looked very very worn while the other looked new. They almost looked like 2 different shoes at that point.
I cleaned them with Jojoba Oil and they look a lot better then.
You may want to use a waterproofing agent on these shoes before wearing them. Also keep a good shoe oil or polish on hand, you will need it.
on March 14, 2013
Seemed like a great deal, so I bought several pairs for the groomsmen in my wedding. Every pair went back because they were all about 1.5 sizes too big. I wear a 9.5 and the 8.5 that I purchased was still too big for me. Also, I don't think the material was very high quality - but that is only from the flimsy feel. Never worn longer than to try them on and send them back.
6 people found this helpful
on May 18, 2013
At first glance it is a beautiful looking shoe, so I was excited to put it on... but it was way too big. I'm a size 10.5, but this was easily 12. I felt like a keebler elf.

I ordered another one, size 9, so I might increase its stars if the quality is justified. The reason why I'm giving it a 2 right off the bat, is because I have to pay an additional 5 dollars for the return and that's disappointing.
on July 17, 2014
I liked the shoe, the color, but I recommend applying one size smaller, since I was a big little, I have to use template. Eugenio Costa Rica
on June 15, 2013
I have $120 Bostonian shoes. They look and feel great. But, for $40, these Kenneth Coles are not bad either. They are longer than the size charts suggest. With the leather that stretches slightly and rubber soles, they are really comfortable.
on October 17, 2014
Shoes are great, just what I expected. I had read some reviews that they run a little big. I normally wear a size 11, and a size 10 fit perfect.
on January 17, 2013
very comfortable. I really liked the model. Lightweight comfort. I will definitely be buying other shoes from this brand. i like
on May 9, 2013
The sizing must be off - I ordered a 10.5 and it fit like a 12. Nice shoe - just sizing needs to be addressed. I returned mine.
on March 5, 2012
I purchased these shoes approximately 60 days ago. I find they are poorly made. After about 30 days the lowest shoe string hole on each shoe began to rip. Now there are large holes where the laces go through.
11 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.