Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 209 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on January 6, 2015
A very nice watch! The product image does not match the real thing, however. The black background to the roman numerals in the image is actually steely with some texture in real life. This makes it a bit harder to read the time, but it is still intuitive for anyone who's used to analog clocks. There could be more color to the "guts," as they all match the frame and the bezel (with the exception of the big and quickly spinning wheel), making everything look quite uniform. I do like the size - it is more normalized compared to the other KC skeleton watches. The band looks better in reality than it does in the product image. *****UPDATE (3/17/2016): The glass easily scratches; it is of poor quality. I now gain about 7 minutes every DAY and have to reset the time consistently as such. Kenneth Cole has a mere 30 day warranty on their product, so I can do nothing in terms of replacement or refund. My wife wasted her money when she bought this for me as a birthday present, and I am dissatisfied.
on July 19, 2016
I purchased this to replace my orginal KC1514 from 2009 at was a gift and I received many compliments over the years. The Capacitor (inner spring) broke this past year along with the water resistant seals, so I feel that I got my money's worth out of the original watch. I did get an estimate to have the above items repaired which came in at about $100, the orginal watch had some scratches and markings, so I decided to replace the old one. The only difference between this watch and the production models to around 2012 is the dial...as another reviewer mentioned, this watch has a lighter black circular grooved display with chrome Roman numerals, the orginal looked a bit more classy as it was a matte black finish. I combed every watch retailer on the internet to find the identical model, which to the best of my knowledge is not available. In all fairness to Amazon, the photos representing this particular watch are accurate, I cannot say the same for other merchants.

My original Kenneth Cole worked fine until this year.

Some key points about this Automatic watch:

It can be wound manually by simply turning the crown counter clockwise, I mention this because it will wind itself somewhat through the course of an active day, however you may find it helps to just wind it about 10 - 15 times if necessary, but I would not recommend any further winding.

This watch always ran a bit fast, about a minute or so over the course of a month, that's very reasonable in my opinion for an automatic watch, and honestly this is not a super high end watch, yet I get dozens of compliments of those that think it is.

The watch appeared to be brand new without any signs of being refurbished as another reviewer pointed out.

This is truly a unique watch that is stylish and I've not found anything quite like this skeleton watch, especially at this price point. It originally sold for $165 at Macy's back in 2009, so picking it up for less than $100 is fantastic.

I only hope the longevity of this model will hold up as well as the original.

Overall I have had no issues other than the slight design change.

Bottom line...this a fantastic watch and makes for great conversation!!
on November 12, 2014
Awesome watch - very detailed and looks really high-end. Could pass easily for a $300-400 watch. Yes, if you don't move much for the weekend, it will lose time, but that's part of the allure for me; it recharges on motion.

///Update: Unfortunately, I had too many close calls with the time being wrong; I'm a computer nerd, and work in a typical nerdery, so I guess I do not move enough during the day. I had to reset this watch nearly every morning before work. It didn't work out for me and I returned it (switched to a Burberry) but it might for you if you're more active.
on September 22, 2013
It looked good on the picture but in real life the clock face and the internals are all very shiny it is difficult to see the hands or the the moving parts at a glance especially the seconds hand. However, if you've got really good eyesight you may be alright.

Also it is not terribly accurate (I'd say +/- 8 - 10 seconds a day which I suppose is average for mechanical) Although if you are thinking by paying extra you are going to get get a slightly more accurate watch than a good cheap Chinese equivalent, like I did, then you are going to be disappointed. (However, avoid the Winner brand of chinese watch - from experience they are rubbish). On the plus side the build quality is good and it feels good on the wrist - I will wear it now and again however I ordered a Tissot (Traditional Perpetual Brown Leather Strap Watch T0636371603700) last night and I suspect it may become my everyday watch and this may go into the cupboard along with the others that I have either never worn or wore for short while.
on November 26, 2015
I love the watch and get many many compliments on its style. The first one I purchased is over 2 years old and even though I wear it daily it still looks like new. PS: I bought another silver and black plus a brown and copper tone one. I expect to have these for the rest of my life if I manage to keep the grandsons from getting one from me.
on November 3, 2013
Take this with a grain of salt, because I returned this watch. I got this one and a Stuhrling one that was similar at the same time, intending to return the one I didn't like. I thought the band felt a little cheap and the rather large Kenneth Cole scrolled across the top a little off-putting (that said, I couldn't find a skeleton that didn't have the company name in the same spot). I did prefer the size of this watch (a little smaller than what has become normal) and the colors were good. What eventually made the decision for me is the sound the watch made as I was walking. It's really not all that loud, but it was a substantial difference between the two watches. Dunno if it has any indication on the quality of the watch, but I was not a fan.
on August 1, 2015
I purchased this for my husband for Christmas, and he LOVED the way that it looked. It is definitely a very stylish and attractive watch. The problem is that it does not keep time, and my husband had to adjust it every single morning.

We decided to send it back to Kenneth Cole to repair it, thinking that for the $15 fee they charge, it wouldn't be too ridiculous since the original price was so affordable. My husband REALLY wanted it to work, because he loved the way it looked.

After waiting a month to get it back, it still does not keep time. At this point we have just given up on trying to fix it. We even tried taking it to local jewelry shops to see if they could take a look, but I guess the way the glass is designed, none of them could open it.

He still does wear it every now and then just because of how much he loves the style, but must reset it every day.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
Great watch with soft leather strap.
Please note the watch i received from Amazon is a little different from the photo
the only difference is my watch has 2 silver rings around the numbers top and bottom
But it does look nicer then the older model.
My watch was purchased, Sold by Amazon and Shipped By Amazon

Email from KennethCole. on 9-16-2013

We are so excited to hear of your recent purchase! Unfortunately, the KC1514 model is not available for purchase online at KennethCole.com or in Kenneth Cole land based stores. Some Kenneth Cole styles are created exclusively for distribution by our authorized retailers. Amazon does have a section that offers authorized Kenneth Cole items. We recommend that you contact Amazon.com for further assistance with product details or discrepancies in regards to your new watch.

We do indeed offer new items every month and entirely new collections each season. We invite you to visit our website periodically to experience our latest selection of designs and styles. We have provided a link below if you decide to join our mailing list for product and promotional updates.

update: watch runs fast in 3 weeks i had to set it back almost 2 minutes
on January 31, 2017
This watch is truly a jewel ... I love its style, color and mainly as it looks all inside. All the people who see it are delighted and tell me that it looks great, to be a watch of a brand that is not very recognized in "Watches" it should be noted that looks great!
review image
on October 12, 2011
I did a lot of research on skeleton watches before making this purchase. I had been worried about many of the reviews I read that complained about missing time (100% accuracy shouldn't be expected with any "less expensive" watch). I also went into the purchase with trepidation because of the few reviews that complained of getting refurbished watches (mine came brand new, and I expect that if the seller is still sending refurb units, it is likely in high demand times, such as the holiday season, which is still a shame). I ultimately chose this watch over a few of the similarly priced ones because this one was slightly smaller and more uniform in it's styling. A few of the other options had extra color bits on the internal screws or lacked nicely delineated numerals/marks. Other reviewers have pointed out the face is a gunmetal grey, and not the flat black it appears to be in the photos. Other reviewers (and the watch forums) have also explained the use of the roman numeral IIII, so I won't rehash that here.

The important bits:

-I have yet to notice any issues with the watch's accuracy, though I have only owned it for 3 weeks, and will update this if there are any issues.

-I do not wear the watch every day, but wear it often enough (roughly every other day) that the spring doesn't wind down when I'm not wearing it.

-I feel it is a good size; I do not have large wrists, so I'm using the second hole from the inside. The watch does not look or feel large on me at all, though you may want to consider a larger watch if you are very muscular.

-And of course, it is fun to just stare at the gears as they spin. I have gotten a few compliments on it so far, and people are always surprised when they ask how much it was. One reviewer complained about the manufacturer logo on the face, I find that I hardly notice it at all, though the rear logo is large and does obscure the view somewhat, you will hardly be looking at the back of the watch. (I do like the fact it is see-through from both sides)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.