Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 15, 2016
This is a great watch. Being able to look inside at the movement is really cool. I read a review that complained about seeing the actual movement but I disagree. The flywheel is clearly visible as is another moving (though small) gear. The band is comfortable. The size is not too big but this is definitely a man's watch. The brown face is not very common for watches which seems strange since it is a nice neutral color. The watch is not thin but that can't be expected for a self-winding watch. Compared to my Swatch, which had an open face as well though no gears were visibly moving, it is very quiet as well. Also, the roman numerals and the white, luminous hands make telling the time easy. Some skeleton watches are so "busy" it is hard to distinguish the hands from the face. Not this watch. The one negative which has been mentioned in other reviews is the accuracy. The watch is running about 2 minutes fast a week. At least I arrive early for things! That doesn't bother me. Let's face it: the reason to get this watch is for fashion. On that level it is a winner, particularly for the price.
on February 24, 2012
This is my second automatic skeleton watch. The 1st was an impulse buy because I couldn't find anyone willing to change the battery on a watch.
This is a great looking watch, and it seems really accurate. My old automatic gained about 5 minutes a week, and I could live with that. This one might gain 1 minute a week, but it is probably less.
The one slight weakness is that the skeleton design could be better. The way it is cut some of the fast-moving parts are less visible than parts that seem not to move at all. Also, my last skeleton wristwatch (and my current skeleton pocketwatch) was bigger with parts more spaced out, so it was easier to see the movement.
on October 14, 2017
Absolutely Beautiful Timepiece!

Simply fantastic device, that appears exactly as advertized. An automatic mechanical watch for under $100 from a decent brand is good deal.
Everything works as intended, and band/ crown / etc. quality appears to very well made.

"Time will tell" its durability and accuracy, but I'm extremely satisfied.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2013
I did some quality research before buying this watch. Since I live abroad I was worried about buying a relatively cheap mechanical clock. I was also afraid it would look too big.
I have been using this watch for two months now. I must say that I enjoy this watch very much, the second handle runs smooth as I wanted. Being a mechanical clock it is quite accurate, probably one minute ahead every week.
If you use it every day like I do, you don't need to wind it, even taking it off while you sleep. If you look close enough, you can see how much the spring is winded (on the front top) then you can tell if you need to manually wind it or not. I try not to wind it too much, just not taking the risk.
This is my first mechanical watch. Nowadays when people look at the time in their cell phones, a watch is mostly a piece of luxury, and this one makes the job.
One thing to consider is that the case is not that nice, and the instructions are quite simple and not very descriptive. However, this is a simple watch, just to wind it in its original position (clockwise) or pull and change the hour.
In addition, I have seen this watch in the duty free at a higher cost that here.
The color looks slightly darker (the roman numbers) so it looks cool but not that big contrast of brown.
I definitely recommend this watch.
on August 26, 2011
The Kenneth Cole KC1745 is a very attractive skeleton watch that I purchased while the free one day shipping promotion was happening. Out of all the skeleton watches I was looking at on the site, this was the most reasonably sized (40mm). To me, anything larger than 45mm in a watch is not attractive on any wrist (unless you have really, really big wrists). The movement so far is working great. It is a dressier watch that I usually save for special occasions, but it can also be used as a daily beater. And yes, the movement is actually automatic, not quartz as stated. ONLY reason it's not five stars is that the case thickness is a bit too thick for me, but it is not much of a problem.
on January 22, 2013
My wife gave me this watch for Christmas 2012. I had not had an automatic/windable watch since I was a kid. I wanted to get one since my last wrist watch's battery died for the 2nd time and I had the frustration of finding somewhere to get it replaced...plus the watch was getting old and it and the metal band were scratching my wrist.

I saw the skeleton watches when browsing around and thought many were very striking. I wanted numbers on the face (not the 'I' ticks alone) and this one has Roman Numerals which is great (it does seem challenging to find watches with numbers and not just ticks). As other reviewers point out, the '4' is not IV but IIII which I guess is common for watch faces and probably to avoid confusion with V.

Downside of this watch is the band. I do not have huge wrists but the wristband is rather small...I am using the last punch hole for the watch to wear it (it might loosen further as the leather wears with time?) Otherwise the leather is very soft and comfortable and I have no complaint.

The good aspects are the color and appearance. Viewing the internal workings of the device is really cool (though I am somewhat a geek). The watch runs fine while resting overnight following a day of it being worn. I love the soft 'ticking' sound it makes but it is difficult to hear unless right next to your ear (so it is not obtrusive when quiet). I was not sure about the brown color of the face but it is really more of a dark bronze and is complimented well by the silver of the internal skeleton view. The hands are glow in the dark and worked well this AM when I was getting ready to leave for work.
My wife and I priced some other watches in stores around our city and this device is by far the most attractive and least expensive we found...a great value so far....so 'thanks, Amazon!'
The watch seems to be one that can easily be worn for casual or more formal affairs with ease.
I am very pleased.
Have gotten compliments from others about it already.
on March 26, 2017
Great looking watch!! Just loses time if you dont wear it every day but a simple time correction will keep it on track. No complaints
on November 16, 2012
This watch is a good deal. I was surprised when I opened the box, the face looks great. The size is just right, not to big, not to small. Ive had a Kenneth Cole watch for the last 8 years and have been very pleased with the quality and durability. I enjoy looking at the movement. The hands are easy to see and they glow in the dark. I am pleased with this watch and the service from Amazon! Thank you!
on May 18, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my husband's 29th birthday. He loves it and wears it everyday. When he first got it I would hear him showing it off to his friends saying how his wife had gotten it for him and how cool he thought it was. So glad I found this watch!
on May 21, 2015
Great watch. Have had in about a year now and wear it about 3-4 days a week. Still in great condition. Zero noticeable scratches and the leather is still soft and fresh feeling.
Yes, because of the mechanism device you will have to set it after some time not wearing it, but how lazy could you be of that's an issue?
Very pleased with the purchase.