Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 28, 2012
I got this coat during the cyber monday deal for 89 dollars. The coat itself is great, fits well, looks good and is cozy.

However I should have researched similar products, namely this similar coat: http://www.amazon.com/Kenneth-Cole-Mens-Coat-With/dp/B008CD5NT0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The difference being that the one above is a traditional pea coat in that it is double breasted and that the knitted collar is removable. My coat has the knitted collar stitched on and is single breasted. Another minor difference is that the collar on mine is only striped on the collar while the double breasted one has stripes all of the way down. However it looks like mine has a slightly thicker collar.

My guess is that this coat is an older/alternative version of the standard pea coat. Its still a great coat and the material looks to be the same. I'm happy with my purchase but I think next time I decide to buy a coat, I'm going to google around a bit longer first.

One last thing to note is that, this coat and the coat I compared it to, are both from the Kenneth Cole NEW YORK line. There is a Kenneth Cole REACTION line which is their lower cost line. There is a similar coat from their REACTION line with an attached collar/bib that is cheaper but presumably with cheaper material. Just another option to think about.
45 people found this helpful
on November 10, 2012
I had two concerns...that the M size would not accomodate my long arms and that the neck zip up could not be concealed when you dony need...but it folds in perfectly! No issues w my arms....I 'm 1.80 mts tall...slender build with broad shoulders and long arms and it fits me perfectly
23 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on December 11, 2012
I was looking for a stylish coat for a while, and decided to wait for black friday. And after seeing this coat for $80 it was a no brainer.

As soon as I took it out of the box I was impressed, the material is nice and high quality, it's warm and I just wish it was a tad more heavy, but it gets the job done.

And stylish it is! I get compliments every time I go out.

If you're looking for a nice coat for the winter months then I would't hesitate to buy this. My only advice is to wait until the price hits at least $80 again, as it seems to be fluctuating every day.

FYI, I got the medium in graphite and it fits perfectly, just get some gloves and a scarf.

Oh, one more thing, the outside pockets are mainly for show unfortunately. Its a bit of a shame but for the amount I saved I'm not complaining!
6 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on November 29, 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present last year for my husband and it was a big hit with the family. It's a little less slim fitting than I'd hoped, but it's good material. Not too light, not too heavy, so you can wear it in the Winter or Fall. And it's not so godawful expensive, either! The collar zips all the way up to keep cold air off your neck and looks classy at the same time. Pockets are satiny and deep. For the price, it's a really good jacket. Sure, maybe it's not high end quality but that just means you can wear it anywhere, right? ;)

As for why he misses it, we moved due to military means and he had to leave it with his family. Definitely paying to have it shipped out here for the winter, as it's perfect for California's mild cold!

Oh and another thing, I ordered the small for my husband and he's 6'1'' and 145 pounds. I feel like it was just a touch too short for him so if your man is 6 feet tall and 160lbs+ I would recommend the medium.
2 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2012
I bought this coat and realized I have the exact same coat in black. The black version I bought was purchased in 2011 from a Costco store. The zipper ripped about a month of use. The part that ripped is where the zipper with the section that holds it is connected to the inner mock collar part towards the bottom of the coat. The rip is about 4" long and occurred when I tried to zip the coat one day. Take extra care when using the zipper.

The coat is well designed with two inner pockets (one on each side) with outer pockets. The outer pockets are not very deep put are shaped so that items don't fall out easily.

The mock collar extends quite high on me (I have a short neck). Keep this in mind if you don't like the look of the mock collar.

Overall this is a good quality coat with the exception of the zipper part.
7 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2014
The coat is a little smaller than I hoped. I am normally between a large and an extra large, and the extra large is a little bit short in the sleeves and length for my liking.

Overall, this coat is nice. It held up through a long winter and still looks good. One note is that the layering effect with the mock sweater underneath can be a bit weird. It looks as though a sweater is kind of sewn into the jacket, which I liked, but the zipper for the sweater is very short. Because it is so short, you cannot just zip the sweater portion of the coat without buttoning the bottom of the coat because you can then tell it is a fake layered look instead of the real thing. It is somewhat awkward looking. If you don't mind having the bottom buttons buttoned at all times, the coat is nice. It is very warm and looks professional.
on February 26, 2013
I bought this coat because my college intern was dressing better than me! I decided that my ski parka was no longer cutting it for the office. Anyhow, it's a great stylish coal--I've received many compliments. I'm 6', 185#. The large is a perfect fit--right sleeve length and just enough room for the light fleece vest I wear under it. The coat is reasonably warm for normal (30's) winter weather. The fleece vest I normally wear augments it when needed. I love the built-in "neck warmer." Other reviewers have commented on the neck height; I found it to be just fine. That said, if it isn't fully zipped up, the metal teeth of the zipper can be really irritable. Others also commented that the pockets were too small. They are shallow, but adequate to slip your hands in when necessary or hold a pair of gloves when you're not wearing them. No complaints there, really. Go for it, I think you'll like it.
5 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2012
I ordered a small size. I'm 5'8 and 150 lbs. My size in coats sometimes gets a little complicated. I wear small when it comes to jackets and medium when it comes to shirt. This coat is nice and warm. And I like the style too. But I wish it was a little more trim-fit or snug on the waistline. And that the bib is removable. Now I'm not sure if I should just return it and spend $200 more at the mall. Otherwise, it's a nice warm and cool design coat. This would be perfect if you're on a beefy side even if you're short.
3 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on January 2, 2014
From the picture, it looks the model is wearing a zip up sweater under a single-breasted coat. He is not. This bib is part of the jacket and it not removable. While unexpected, it turned out to be a nice feature for cold wintery days. It functions as a built-in scarf and is very comfortably, even zipped all the way up.

The only thing I would change about the jacket would be deeper side pockets, but they function just fine.

Kept me warm in low 20's weather
One person found this helpful
on January 16, 2013
Good things:::Very warm, bib looks cool add to the style, no problems with zipp, true to the size, perfect length, slim fit, snugg to your body..

Not so Good things: just 3 pockets, side pocket too small, please don't leave your keys or wallet, might fall accidentally fall, as u walk....inside pocket is ok...should have been better finish, too big collars.....

What I want in it:.... more pocket, side pockets should be more deep, inside more pockets, little narrow collars, finish should be smooth.... would recommend price is good...........ShaanKarim
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.