Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 13, 2014
This tie bar fits the bill perfectly in terms of look. The gunmetal color and the simple design ensure that it presents an understated look that doesn't unduly stand out from the rest of your outfit. If you are looking for something shiny and bold, then you should look for a differently styled product. I find the color to be a great match with both light and dark outfits.

Also, in keeping with the classic look, the tie bar is a standard size. It's too big for the skinny ties that younger people seem to like these days, and it's too small for the really fat ties that people still have left over from the nineties.

I knocked one star because the clip itself is a little weak. It doesn't move around per se, but it will spin a bit and get crooked with normal activity. I would have liked the clip to be just a little bit stronger or more grippy.
on March 2, 2012
I bought this because I needed something a bit plainer than the flashy fold and silver tie clips that predominate the tie clip market. This fit the bill perfectly.

Pros:
1) Great size. The length of a tie clip can often be frustrating. I wear both skinny and normal ties every day, and this clip works well with both types of ties.
2) Very secure clip. The clip is very secure and holds my ties in place all day long. I find that on average I have to readjust the tie clip maybe once or twice a day, way less than I'm accustomed to.
3) Looks good. The appearance of this clip is a nice matte black. It looks professional and high quality, but doesn't have that flashy look that many tie clips seem to have.

Cons:
1) Black may not match every color tie/shirt. Black can often clash with a lot of dress colors, so this tie clip has less potential to be a good, everyday tie clip. It makes a great clip for colors that match, but the second you try to wear this with a non-matching color (blues, browns, etc.), it looks A LOT less professional, and sticks out like a sore thumb.
2) The matte black has a semi-rubber feeling to it. It probably greatly helps the durability of the clip, but as a result, lint and dust cling to the clip pretty easily. I find that sometimes during the day, I'll have to rub dust off of the clip. It's not a seriously noticeable problem; just a small issue that you'll appreciate if you use this clip long enough.

Overall, if you need a tie clip that isn't gold, silver, or shiny, this is the perfect solution. I highly recommend it, especially considering that its cons are points of nitpicking and not really any serious issue with the clip or its quality.
on June 2, 2017
This tie clip is a dull silver/gray color. It looks nice and is a quality product. it is shorter than other tie clips I have but again, tie clips should only be 66-75% of the tie's width at the point where you place the clip (between the 3rd and 4th shirt button from the top. The only thing that would have made this better would be if the box it came in had a foam section to place the clip in when you are not using it vs a piece of cardboard which is useless once you remove the clip from it for the first time. Clip grip is average and would be nice if the strength of the grip was stronger as to prevent the clip from moving while attached to the shirt and tie. Overall a good product and I use it often..
on May 2, 2013
The first time I received this product I had to return it. There were a couple of highly noticeable specks of dust caught in the layer of paint on the face of the tie clip. Amazon was very helpful with the return and even sent out the new one overnight with saturday delivery so I could receive it in time for a previously scheduled engagement. Great buying experience even after receiving the defective product first.

As far as the tie clip itself, this thing is clean. Wearing it for the first time today and have already received several compliments on it. Whichever reviewer says this clip can stand out like a sore thumb on some ties...that is just a matter of opinion. When I was picking out a tie this morning it seemed to go with most of my 25-30 ties. If you have a decent tie collection then you probably won't have any trouble at all matching this clip up with a tie. The tie clip seems to be well made and I just love the matte finish after seeing mostly glossy tie clips in the past. The backside of the tie clip (where it secures against the inside of your shirt) has little teeth on it so it grabs the tie nicely and doesn't slip off of the shirt. I've been wearing the clip all day and haven't had to adjust or re-clip it at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about purchasing it, you won't be disappointed.
on April 13, 2015
Looks good IN THE BEGINNING, but if you plan on using it often beware the sleek silver will turn to copper over time and look quite ugly, better off buying a stainless steel tie pin. Let me repeat, this is silver brushed over copper. Unless you want an orange tie pin I don't recommend it.

Was expecting more for the price, but I guess I'm paying for the KENNETH COLE brand.
review image
on August 8, 2017
Been looking for something decent. It's bold, black, does the job. Doesn't move too much. Occasional adjusting but not a big deal. Exactly what I needed. Expensive for a piece of metal that's painted but it's painted well and simply works and doesn't look cheap. Can't ask for more than that.
on January 17, 2016
Looks and feels great, nice packaging. Spring is tight but will do really well holding a tie!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
Gotta love a guy in a suit. Especially when they choose to be understated. Sexxy.

I gave this to my boyfriend and he looked HOT in it when he wore it with dark colors. It held the tie in place, for sure, but also added an "I am hot" air to his look. (Don't tell him I told you that LOL!)

All I can say is that it makes him look sophisticated, worldly, understated, and confident. He doesn't need any chrome or bling. He's awesome on his own. I know that sounds like a cliche of sorts, but really--this is the message this sends.

And I like it.
on June 4, 2014
I love this tie clip, it feels good in the hand, solid weight and looks stylish. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the black is visibly wearing off a little bit. See picture. I've owned it for almost 2 years now so a little wear is expected and I do wear this clip probably 4 out of 5 days in the work-week. Overall very happy with it, still my favorite clip.
review image
on July 29, 2013
This tie clip is simple and good looking. I am a bank teller and wear it every day. The only problem is, after a month or so the paint started to wear off which kind of ruined the look. This is really not worth the price.