Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 150 reviews
on October 25, 2015
After 6 months of use, the handle is cracking. It's not real leather. You would think the handle would be frequently handled and be reinforced for wear resistance but these handles are worn and cracking after only 6 months of use.

I wouldn't buy this bag again.
review image
on January 14, 2012
I purchased this bag to carry my HP Pavilion Dv4-4141 (13.35"D x 9.28"W x 1.22"H) to and from the college campus where I work. Within a neoprene sleeve, the laptop fits perfectly in the bag with an A-C adapter, laser pointer, wireless mouse, and VGA cable. The bag is well made and the silver metal zippers, D-rings, and shoulder strap clasps are attractive and very sturdy.

HOWEVER: Amazon incorrectly states the bag's dimensions are 13" x 9" x 4". Which is inconsistent with the product description that indicates the bag is designed for a 15.4" laptop. The bag's actual external dimensions are 16" x 12" x 4.75" as per the Kenneth Cole box the bag comes in. The Kenneth Cole packaging also indicates the laptop compartment dimensions are 14.13" x 9.5"-11" x 2".

I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2011
I previously purchased a very similar version of this Kenneth Cole luggage. The first one I bought had the same style and features except it was a messenger bag style, with a flap instead of zipper openings at the top. In addition, it did not have handles. While I like it, I realized that for everyday use as a business briefcase (including carrying a netbook and traveling on planes), the lack of handles was a deficiency. Getting in and out of a car with the bag, for example, is much easier with handles. So eventually, I discovered this bag and decided to buy it because it has handles and also because it has zipper openings at the top. I have been very pleased. The quality is very good. It is professional but also progressive looking. Unlike the messenger bag style, with a flap that folds over the top and closes with a clasp, this bag has two zipper openings on the top. This makes it much easier to get to your stuff, especially if you are reaching down to access the bag (on an airplane, in particular). The zipper pull hardware looks nice and the black leather has a much higher quality appearance than many laptop computer cases commonly seen. This luggage has a section with padding suitable for a small notebook computer (probably up to about 15", but no bigger). I carry a 10" netbook, within it's own protective sleeve, as well as a separate pouch bag with the brick and cord, and all of that fits nicely in the laptop compartment. The other compartment, for papers or reports, has a divider. This is good for keeping things organized, but it is something of a negative if you need to carry a very thick binder or other large item, since the divider tends to limit you to a few inches of storage on either side. I haven't had a problem but it does make this unsuitable for hauling big books or other especially wide items. In addition, there are several other zip compartments both inside and outside the bag, as well as a couple of pen holders, and various other convenient features. The price was great; about half of what you would pay at a department store. (I've found that Amazon stocks a wide variety of Kenneth Cole bags and they tend to be 30%-60% less than retail store prices). Overall, an excellent bag.
on August 2, 2013
It has an open pocket on the bag side for easy access to grab out some papers, reports, files, etc.. without having to dig around in the bag.. Back zipper pocket has a divider for 2 expanded file pockets... center compartment has a padded laptop pocket big enough for a 1-1/2" three ring binder or 15 " laptop.. and more space for a clip board or files... the center compartment also has three smaller pockets for computer accessories, small digital camera, etc.. Front zipper compartment has an inner zipper compartment and a zipper compartment across the front of the bag.. the main zipper compartment has a cell phone, 2 pen/pencil and card pockets.. plus space for more "stuff".. (I have a bank bag type zipper bag full of colored pens, dry erase markers, scissors, etc...) Additional zipper pocket built in on front good for easy grab and go too.. it is too small for 8 1/2 x 11, but handy for letters, follded material, airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc.. It has that leather smell and the leather has a nice soft, quality feel, though plenty tough.. padded leather strap pad is nice as well... heavy zippers with metal pulls... just the right size.. I carry it more around to my back side and it works well.. I can walk through a crowd without whaming people with it... great looks, I have had compliments as "looking like being from the corporate office" when I walk in somewhere.. I have seen higher price bags in the local office supplies that are not near as nice..
on December 22, 2014
Great bag - I wanted something for everyday use to carry my laptop and papers to\from work and this fit the need perfectly. Had it for a year now and still looks like new. Excellent space inside - can fit a laptop charger, plus plenty of files easily. The open exterior pocket allows for easy\quick access to everyday papers\keys\phone that you need to get out fast.
Leather is smooth and has a nice feel to it. The shoulder strap is well-designed- it's nylon w leather shoulder pad, rather than all leather, which makes it more durable and reliable. My old Kenneth Cole bag had an all leather shoulder strap and it got worn out after few years due to bending and rubbing of leather. Handles are also strong - there is extra stitching on handles which ensures durability if you happen to pick the bag up by one handle and put the weight in one place.
One minor complaint - the buckles\zippers are made of large metal pieces so sometimes it can jingle while you walk, which can be annoying.
on November 22, 2014
Having used this product daily for two weeks, I can say that I'm very happy so far. Backstory: for three years, I've carried my laptop around in a thin, light Targus canvas bag. It's a good bag and it served it's purpose well, but I wanted to upgrade to a slightly more sophisticated look since I'm now working at a client site every day ('all is vanity'). I looked at a lot of leather bags and was actually worried that at ~80 bux, this bag would look and feel cheap. I went ahead with it anyway, figuring that if it turned out to be a loser, I'd pawn it off on my college kid. I'm happy to report that I'll be keeping it. This bag has a very solid feel. The leather is soft, pliable and so far appears to be thick enough and strong enough to stand up well to average level of abuse expected from an I.T. guy who goes through airports about 25% of the time. For me, the best part is that the bag is very light for a multi-compartment, leather product. Someone else wisely cautioned against a 4 or 5 pound bag because a heavier bag will be a pain to lug once you start loading it up. I recommend this bag if your looking for a decent leather product at a good price which easily holds a 15" laptop (and a 14" ultrabook if, for some strange reason, you find yourself needing to carry both at the same time).
on June 29, 2017
The product I received isn't the one picture here. The one I got is nice but it's not all over leather but is more of a canvas with leather accents. I got it as a present for my Dad and he likes it so I'll keep it, but definitely not what is pictured here.
on August 29, 2016
I've had this bag for over a year and it has been with me through 4 trips to europe. I use it as a carry on as well as my every day work bag. Its solid and well built. I had one small issue with the leather on the attachment point to the bag ( a small piece fell off.) However due to the smart design this was only cosmetic and there was a structural piece of nylon underneath so the bag is still fine.
on January 27, 2015
I'm not really a leather guy, but I needed a new work case and this one looked good both functionally and style-wise. I've used it daily for 6 months now and it's holding up well. I usually commute pretty light: iPad Air, steno pad, keys, phone, loose change, etc. But on occasions that I need to carry my 15" MacBook Pro, or any other notebook computer, this bag handles it. It retains its thin form-factor even when it's reasonably full, which makes it easier to maneuver while you have it strapped to your shoulder.

I particularly like all the zippers. A lot of bags in this price range tend to skimp on zippers, going for elastics, velcro, or other cheap fasteners. These zippers are quality.

My only complaint is minor: I'd have liked at least one more small pocket, for quick access. Most of the pockets in this bag are deep, ie they go all the way down the full depth of the bag, so you need to dig to get at some smaller items. Again, a minor complaint but definitely a nice-to-have.
on February 26, 2014
This is the best briefcase I've ever owned. I often think of how much I love it when I am using it. It has a fabulous inside, very logical and useful and also elegant. There is an outside pocket that is open for easy reach if you need to just throw something in. Inside the zipped pockets are additional dividers and zippers. My 13" Macbook Air fits with tons of room left, so you can put in a much much bigger laptop easily. Beside it is plenty of room for cables. In one section there are three deep vertical pockets where I put a hard drive, additional cables, earphones and other stuff. There are specific slots for pens as well as credit cards and a zipped pocket that can act as a fuller wallet. There is a section that is divided into two for papers, books and notebooks.

This really fits a lot but does not look bulky, and it's surprisingly light even with lots of stuff inside. I am female and not that strong to begin with so this matters to me. The pad on the shoulder is more comfortable than most and the strap is adjustable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.