Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 20, 2013
The lamp was packed well and very easy to assemble. Perfect Condition. The product was exactly what I expected from picture and description on the website. I'm very happy with my purchase!
on August 15, 2010
This lamp came well packed, and assembled easily. I really like how it's simple, yet can be a focal point at the same time. I found only one other review while debating this purchase on another site. It dealt with an issue over the outer shade being misrepresented in the photograph, and poorly constructed. The shade is lighter than the photograph, but I have no problem with how it's assembled. This was a lil higher in price than what I wanted to spend, but it's definitely worth it. On a side note, it looks awesome with a black lace lampshade topper, not that it needs it though.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 30, 2011
This lamp, with its double shade, adds ambiance and class to any room. Quite pleased with it, as were my recent visitors. All asked where I got it. And the shipping was faster than expected.
on October 7, 2012
I originally was so excited about this lamp because of the styling and the price. Unfortunately, the quality of these lamps leaves much to be desired.

The original one I received had an unfinished base, so it looked hideous. Amazon was happy to send a replacement one, but the problems just began to start from there.

The second one had a stripped lamp socket (the area that holds the shade and the lamp together) so it would just spin continuously and eventually fell sideways. Amazon sent another.

The third one had a damaged light socket that would not light up, and the metal poles were not properly done so they would tilt at an angle. Final time with Amazon before asking for a refund

The final one was okay, until I decided to turn on little plastic piece that would turn on the lamp. It snapped right off, stabbing me in the hand.

I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to get this product because of the lack of consistency in the product and an overall terrible build quality.
on December 22, 2010
This is a great stylish lamp that goes great in a den or office. The lamp shade definitely softens the glow and looks great! The pictures doesnt do this item justice. Putting it together was a breeze and its sturdy and stylish!
I ordered both the table version and floor version of this lamp.

While I understand some people may think the packaging of the item is irrelevant in the review of the actual item, I think they are related. This lamp will absolutely litter your home with tiny pieces of Styrofoam, plastic tape, plastic wrap, and that unmistakable stench of volatile organic compounds that seem to be so popular in Chinese manufacture. Once you've tore apart the packaging and cut through all the tape and foam to remove the pieces and then build the lamp (as I had to), you cannot return it because the packaging is all destroyed. I suppose if you were a surgeon you could cut the lamp out without destroying the packaging, but it'd be very difficult.

The lamp is ok, but it's not really as pictured. The lamp shade is really a cream-colored shade surrounded by a small space and then a black shade. When the lamp is on, the shade looks much lighter than in the picture. The picture has a modern gunmetal grey type color, but it's really black and cream.

I'm keeping the lamps more or less because I have to, and they are decent quality. However, they are different than expected.
on November 15, 2011
This is a pretty lamp but I'm wondering whether or not to return it now because of the quality. You have to screw together 3 pole pieces to attach to the stand and the light fixture. The pieces don't screw together very smoothly. Once put together it was very crooked, even the shade was crooked. I had to adjust and apply a little force to bend each piece and also bend the metal ring on the shade. Now, I don't really expect to have to do that for a $100+ lamp but there you go. As I said it looks good once you get it straight but don't expect it like that right out of the box.
on November 12, 2011
I received this lamp in good working order, but it was several inches taller than was stated, which was an issue for where I wanted to put it. Also, the base never screwed in straight, so it always looked crooked, and the lamp shade looked drunkenly off-kilter. In an attempt to straighten the thing out, the plastic part connecting the light bulb to the base broke. This all happened within days of receiving the lamp. I'll give the thing two stars, because I really do like the shade, and I'll use it on a lamp I buy elsewhere--so I know the base is straight before I buy it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 21, 2012
During my attempts to straighten the lamp shade the "PHENOLIC" light socket stripped completely off of the base. I was surprised to see this style of socket on a $100 lamp in the first place. The lamp is unusable until I find a replacement socket, which is unavailable at local hardware stores or on Amazon. At least the lamp shade looks cool on the floor.
on July 13, 2011
The lamp is very nice. It is not as pictured though. The picture appears to be gun metal/dark grey, but the shade is actually black. There are 2 shades-the one inside is cream and the perforated shade on the outside is black. When lit, it gives off a nice glow. However, the lamp is shorter than the typical floor lamps, and it is not that well made. Mine came defected as the base parts didn't screw together tightly so it tend to lean. I had to superglue the parts together. For the price, I would expect it to be a little better made.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.