- Brand Name: Kensington
- Model Number: K33902US
- Hardware Platform: Pc
- Connectivity Technology: bluetooth, micro usb, usb
- Network Data Transfer Rate: 3 Megabits Per Second
Kensington K33902US Bluetooth USB Micro Adapter
|Price:||$29.79 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to six times smaller than a typical Bluetooth adapter
- Small enough to stay in your notebook´s USB port
- Pair a Bluetooth-enabled headset for hands-free communication
- Send presentation, photos or music to other Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Keep your desktop wire-free by using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Now there's a Bluetooth adapter so small it can stay in your USB port for instant connectivity anytime, anywhere. Use it to transfer files, synchronize contact and calendar information with your PDA or smart phone, print or fax, connect a keyboard or mouse and much more - wirelessly.
The Kensington Bluetooth® USB Micro Adapter is six times smaller than a typical Bluetooth adapter
Top Customer Reviews
However, when the radio is on when you turn the computer on, there are 2 processes TOSOBEX.EX and SERVICES.EXE that will take up most if not all your CPU cycle. This slows down the computer very much. This happens even when there are no devices paired with the unit.
I have installed the unit on 2 other machines with the same results. So, somehow the Toshiba Stack that comes with this unit takes up CPU cycles when the bluetooth radio is turned on. This happens on my laptop and 2 desktops.
Once those services are on, there is no way to turn it off except to reboot the machine. However, PRIOR to rebooting the machine, TURN the bluetooth radio off first. That way when the computer is rebooted, those services will not be on.
The one workaround that I did was to RENAME the TOSOBEX.EXE file to something else like BAD_TOSOBEX.EXE_BAD. That way it won't get invoked when you turn the bluetooth radio on. That means that you WILL NOT have OBEX capability.
Kensington Techincal Support so far has been USELESS. But, I'm still trying to get to people there who actually know what they are talking about.
Also, on the cosmetic side, the unit has VERY SHARP corners. Be careful when you are handling your laptop (if you are using it on a laptop); I have been scratched multiple times by its corners.
I highly recommend considering a similar device based on a Broadcom chipset (sometimes referred to as coming with WIDCOMM drivers).
1. Don't use the CD that comes with it. It is meant for XP and Vista OS. If you load it up in Windows 7 you get a "known compatibility issues statement". I uninstalled.
2. I then rebooted and simply plugged in the device. The standard MS drivers found the iPhone but there was an issue that places a big exclaimation point on the device saying that it "needs attention". Selecting that notification shows it as having issues with "no device driver loaded".
3. Kensington tech support was not there until 7:30 pacific time. When they finally answered, it was India. Why in the world would they wait until 7:30 pacific if their call center is in India is beyond me. Wouldn't you want them to be available at 8:00 eastern through 5:00pm pacific. Unbelievable.
4. When they took my call, they were useless. They actually told me that the problem must be the iPhone (3GS), not the Toshiba stack that is documented all over the web as having issues. Classic finger pointing by support.
5. After 35 minutes, I boxed it up and sent it back to Amazon.
DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING Win7. ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FOR FOLKS RUNNING XP & VISTA!!!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Came as described,came in great condition.Hubby was so thrilled.Thank you so much.Published 14 months ago by sandy miller
Had some compatibility connection issue wither certain device so I stopped using it.
Didn't want it to take up a USB slot all the time.
I've been using this for a couple of years and it is still working flawlessly. I use it for Bluetooth headphones and the sound is great with no delay!Published 17 months ago by SuperZMan
This unit uses the Toshiba chip which is one of the very few bluetooth adapters that are compatible with the wireless Smart-Slate WS200 touch slate Windows 7 drivers. Read morePublished on July 3, 2014 by C. Peter Zuroff
Works effortlessly on Laptops and PC's running Windows that do not have built in Bluetooth capability. Read morePublished on June 26, 2014 by Marc J
I need this Bluetooth adapter to transfer update file to the company hand-held Emerson//Rosemount 475 HART & FF communicator. Read morePublished on April 25, 2014 by R. Williamson