Kensington K39258US Nightstand Charging Dock for iPhone, including iPhone 4, iPod touch, iPod
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Charging dock holds your iPhone or iPod Touch in landscape mode using a kickstand to clearly display the time and weather
- Large, landscape display that doesn´t go into sleep mode, with optional screen dimming
- Small footprint reduces nightstand clutter
- Download the Kensington Nightstand Clock & Weather application from the Apple App store at no extra cost
- Charging cable included
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Much more than just a charger, the Kensington Nightstand Charging Dock allows you to download, at no extra cost, an application that transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a bedside clock and weather center. iPhone and iPod touch compatible.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you do use this clock as a replacement take note. During the day when you take the phone off the charger you will not have a clock in the room. Yes this actually posed a problem for me as I couldn't tell what time it was when the phone was in another room.
You can download the clock app for free and test it out before you buy this charger. In the iTunes app store as "Kensington".
I hope that you find this review helpful.
The things I like about it:
1) Low profile. It takes up almost no space on my bedside table. It also doesn't attract attention when the ipod's not plugged in.
2) Simple. The whole thing is basically a heavy black wedge. It appeals to the minimalist in me. It's not fiddly at all.
3) Horizontal configuration. The horizontal configuration means that it "reads" more like a bedside clock than it would vertically, and the numbers are much bigger. That makes it a totally reasonable substitute for a bedside clock. I think that the bonus of having a usable, horizontally configured clock is what made me finally get in the habit of plugging it in at night.
4) I don't have to remove my case (a fairly thing, silicone back cover) in order to plug it in. No promises on an otter box, but a thin case definitely works.
That said, this dock won't be for everyone. My husband would never accept a dock that just looks like a plug when the ipod's not in it. He prefers something that's looks like something even when the ipod's not plugged in. And if you're looking for bells-and-whistles...well...this dock won't give you any of that. But if you're looking for a simple, non-fiddly dock with a horizontal configuration, this is it.
Note: I don't use the Kensington brand clock app--it's perfectly fine, but I prefer another 3rd party app.
I think I ended up using a different clock app than the free one from Kensington. At first I had a problem with a gray'ish, too-bright background when in clock mode. I went into the "Settings" app native to the iPhone and adjusted the "Brightness" slider bar from 3/4s to 1/4. Took a little while to get use to this brightness setting during the day; however, after a week I don't even think about it and it saves on battery drain.
While the app is free, I purchased the hardware to support the app, only to discover the 2 of the 3 major features in the app don't work. It tells the time, but the alarm and weather features don't work.
Alarm = fail
- I set the alarm to play music on my phone and it didn't go off. Thinking I didn't set what 'day of the week' the alarm was supposed to go off, I set that too. Still no alarm in the morning. Conclusion - alarm doesn't work.
Weather = fail
- I set the phone to 'locate' me for weather, and it failed to find my city (Toronto?). Thinking the 'locate' feature doesn't work, I manually set the city to Toronto - still no weather. Thinking it was a Canadian thing, I manually set the city to New York - nothing. Conclusion - weather doesn't work.
Time = works!
- It displays the time.
If I didn't actually need a new charging cable, I would be returning this in an instant ONLY because of the app. The hardware works great.
Conclusion: Very disappointed. Non-functional app.