Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 292 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 306 reviews
on June 22, 2016
One star off because of Amazon.com return policy. The item is 5 stars.

I got the Ultra version that is ticker not longer as one of the answers wrongly sais. It is a lot better quality than the one I had before from OfficeDepot (not Kensington).
Unfortunately it does not work with a DELL XPS 13 and DELL did not care to tell in the docs that their product slot is not a standard K slot. It needs a special lock like Kensington ClickSafe K64637WW or K64698US, or Noble Security Low Profile TZ08.
on May 1, 2016
This is just what i needed, it gives me the peace of mind i needed when I work or go to the cafe that nobody is going to steal my macbook pro 13' NOT retina display,
review image
on April 20, 2017
I am using this lock with a GunBox to keep it from walking away in the case of a break-in. It's tied to a bed frame as an anchor point. I am sure a thief with bolt cutters will have no problem cutting through this cable, but this will definitely prevent a smash and grab scenario where they may be unprepared to cut through a cable.
I have also used this lock with a laptop and it will definitely prevent it from walking away if you step aside for a moment if tied to a proper anchor that the cable cannot be slipped out of or lifted out of. This type of lock is great for securing monitors and desktop computers as well, or terminals that have a Kensington style reinforced slot.
on November 11, 2016
I ordered the Kensington Combination Cable Lock K64673AM for the 13" Mac Book Pro 2011. I read the reviews from buyers who unfortunately could not use the lock for their laptop. Mac users should know this does fit a Mac Book Pro. The slot is on the right hand side.
I am satisfied with the quality and durability of the cable and lock. Other reviewers noted the lack of clear directions on setting the lock. I agree: Play with the combinations before committing to setting it.
My one complaint: The button has to be pushed in to open and insert the pin into the laptop. The combination side is 90 degrees to that side. When the pin is correctly inserted, the combination side is not vertical, it's facing you. So you have to lift the laptop to use your combination. Or else memorize the numbers from the top.
on April 9, 2017
Our office travels to conferences with a variety of equipment (laptops, projectors, TV's, etc.) that needs to be locked down to prevent theft. Originally I had purchased your typical cable lock with key, and had a master key created to allow me to unlock any within the set of 30 cable locks I purchased at that time. While this worked well, my users kept losing the keys to the cable locks, which would force me to constantly loan out my master key or interrupt my duties to go lock or unlock items for the users.

This product replaced most of my old keyed locked solutions, with a simple & easy to program/set rolling combination lock. I love how quick and easy it is to use, set, and unhook, and both myself and staff love not having to worry about keys, as well as being able to set a password for one meeting to share with specific people as needed, then change it for the next meeting.

Would definitely purchase more as needed.
on July 5, 2016
This lock DOES NOT fit newer Dell laptops with the smaller lock slots. Bought this for my Dell XPS 13 9350 and it doesn't work - you need something like one of the Noble locks. I didn't give this a low star rating because of that - this is a good lock for devices with standard Kensington slots.
on September 21, 2016
Won't stop a real pro, but it will stop sticky fingers. And it is better made, stronger, than a lot of the cheaper copies. They'll need to be carrying tools when they come, in order to cut this free. And then they'll still have the lock sticking out of your laptop, showing it is stolen. Not ironclad--but about the best first step of protection you can get.
on August 25, 2012
I bought this Kensington product for my Mac Book Pro (2011) to secure it my dorm room- the t-lock fits nicely in the slot and the combination was easy to configure. It is pretty convenient to get the lock off quickly too.
I purchased this one instead of the Kensington ClickSafe because there is no extra knob (and hassle) that I would have need to attach to my laptop to have it work. This combination lock allows me to leave my MBP unscratched and protected. Definitely would recommend this for someone who wants extra quality reassurance.
on July 20, 2015
This lock is fantastic. The cable is long and durable and the lock itself is solid. I bought it to use with my MacBook Pro. I frequently work and study in coffee shops and restaurants and I am always nervous about leaving my laptop unattended. Crime can happen anywhere and at any time. I also visit family in Costa Rica and I won't leave it unattended for five seconds, even inside the house. Everyone in the neighborhood knows the gringo has a Mac and it will be gone if I let it out my sight. Crime happens there everywhere and all the time. No lock is unbreakable, of course, but it creates a barrier of time. The average thief isn't walking around with a saw or cable cutters. I highly recommend this product.
on August 28, 2016
The lock itself is good without any problem.

However, while the strong plastic ties indeed demonstrate how good Kensington is to make things cut-proof and tough, there is no point making the plastic ties that strong. The ties are very hard to cut, and when I finally cut it, the cord released quickly and lashed my finger.

The first time in my life to be lashed attributes to Kensington Cable Lock. Well...
Please, stop making everything tough. I don't want to find a chainsaw to open the box next time because you begin to make solid boxes!
review image review image