Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kensington Keyfolio Bluetooth Keyboard Case For iPad 4 with Retina Display, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1 (K39336US)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

VINE VOICEon May 19, 2011
There are some good reviews here, but i wanted to respond to the few negative reviews. First, there may be some people who don't know how to set up a bluetooth connection properly, and they need to get some help, because this is a great little keyboard and case. If you still have troubles, once it is set up correctly, then you likely have a bad unit and should return it for a good one. This types and protects wonderfully.

Next, do NOT expect this (plus the iPad2) to be a laptop. Some reviewers seem to think that all they need to have a good laptop is to get a keyboard. No, not even close. Most tablets are designed to be, well, tablets. Extra light and small Mobile computing platforms for doing light computing tasks, especially for times that a full computer (laptop, whether Mac or PC) is not needed. By definition, it is not going to work or act like a full laptop... in other words, I don't run Final Cut Pro on the iPad, nor do I want to. This product WILL allow you to type up emails and word processing documents (if you have the apps, obviously) like a dream. I rarely get a letter that doesn't "connect" right while typing. But, no, this is NOT the same as having a laptop... it is better in some ways and it is worse in some ways. I use a notebook computer and an iPad and I bring along the one that makes the most sense for what I will be doing (software wise). I am shocked how often it is the iPad2.

In addition, make sure you are ordering the newer product if you have the iPad2 (its worth the extra 6 bucks)as the fit will not be good with the iPad2 if you buy Kennsington's iPad1 case... it won't be snug. Personally, I don't mind taking the iPad2 out of the case for pictures or video, but (of course) with the correct case you won't need to do so.

Lastly, ask yourself if you really NEED a bluetooth keyboard for your iPad? If you type a lot, you are going to love it. But if you only type on a rare occasion, you will find a thinner case and the virtual iPad keyboard will be more fitting for you. I really like this case, obviously, but it is the right thing for me. If you understand that this product will not give you a full PC or MacBook Pro notebook, then you too will love this nice little devise and case.
22 comments| 278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2011
This review is of the Kensington iPad 2 Case With Keyboard and Comparison with Menotek iPad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard Plus Snap On Case For Apple iPad 2 3G and Wifi models 16GB, 32GB, 64GB. I had originally reviewed the first generation Kensington iPad Case Plus Keyboard. So, I was very eager to get this one and review it hoping to comment on improvements. The material Kensington makes it out of is good quality. My issue with it like the first generation is stability. As the video shows it has some issues with stability and some other points which I felt were of concern. If you tap on the screen normally, it can fall down. The cutouts for the camera are not perfect because the iPad moves around a little bit in the case. There is also no cutout for the speaker on the Kensington model. This might be an issue while listening to music or watching a movie. I found the Menotek one to be better than the Kensington one because of the cut outs for the rear camera and speaker. The case was also more stable with the Menotek one. It did not fall down even when tapping the screen very hard.
1717 comments| 387 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2011
After my ordeal of getting an iPad 2, I knew I needed a keyboard case (since my desktop died). I'm a professional blogger, and I need an efficient way to input information, and touching the screen wasn't going to cut it. When I first saw the Kensington case for the iPad 1, I toyed around with the idea of purchasing it. Then I went through the aforementioned ordeal, and the new cases wouldn't be shipping out until after April. I just happened to look on the site last week, and it was available, so I purchased it. I received it in 2 days, and I love it. The bluetooth is responsive, and the USB cable fits into my Kindle electrical plug so I can charge it at the same time the iPad 2 is charging. I absolutely love it. The smell of the case is a little off putting, but for what it does, I'm completely happy with it. Amazon never lets me down.
66 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2012
This is a great product, I have an original Ipad and it works great. The experience is much more Laptop/Netbook like. Any kind of writing feels much more comfortable with a keyboard. I know we all love our Ipads, but constatnly pressing on flat glass to write leaves a lot to be desired.

The case is very well built and overall construction is excellent. Keyboard adds several ouncers to weight, but for me, it's worth it. the only issue I have is that the Quick Start Guide it comes with does not tell you anything at all about the specialty keys the keyboard has. Some are easy to figure out others not. Maybe I am missing something I don;t know but it seems like a glaring omission for such a good product.

Bottom line is I highly reccommend it.

What I REALLY have an ISSUE with is the amount of false negative information left in user reviews in general.

There is a video review that displays the product as unstable and very prone to easily tip over from normal screen touching. Absolutely not true. I have been using it and you can press the screen as hard as you want.

Several reviews mention an offending "smell" the product has. The prodiuct has a leather smell, very clean and pleasant. Yes i know it is faux leaher but it smells and feels pretty good.

The realities of competitive business are much like politics. The opposition will say anything true or not to make a competitor look bad.

I almost didn't buy this because of that negative video review , and it would have been a huge mistake. Buyers Beware
on May 18, 2011
This works really well, mostly because of Apple's software in the iPad. I use it with the original iPad. It works just like I expected. The only reason I did not rate it with 5 stars is that is a little heavy. It doubles the weight of the iPad.
on June 21, 2012
Fit for my iPad 2 was okay but not snug as I would have liked. Not good range of angles for propping up iPad. Keys very soft, but unfortunately the 'softness' led them to be not very responsive to strokes...sometimes had to hit same key several times before it would even register on the screen. Some keys on the right hand side of keyboard were in peculiar positions instead of as on a standard keyboard. No problems with Bluetooth, but overall I found this product to be very flimsy and cheaply made. I really expected more from a Kensington product. Saw a Zagg Folio Keyboard iPad cover in person at a local Best Buy and replaced the Kensington with that...everything THIS product SHOULD have been but wasn't. Zagg was double the price of this one (which was why I went with this one first), but oh SOOOO worth the extra money. A perfect example here, of the old adage, 'you get what you pay for.'
on May 17, 2011
There was a review posted with a video that was well presented. However, I didn't have any of the problems he sited. The IPAD 2 fits snuggly in the case, camera is well fitted in the slot and it doesn't tip over when tapped. For me this is the perfect case with a keyboard.
on May 14, 2011
When I first bought the iPad 2 I used the built-in touch pad keyboard for the first two weeks. It was fine, better than I expected, but I was still making too many errors.

This keyboard by Kensington has been amazing, providing a nice leather cover as well as a great way to type. I use my iPad for a lot of emailing, so this has been important.

The pads are small, but very easily manipulated.
I highly recommend this product if you plan on using the iPad for emailing.

PS: I am amending my review. The outlet on the keyboard broke about 8 months after I bought this. I can still plug the charger in, but it can no longer charge and I have therefore not been using it for ages.. I have been meaning to update this review for some time now. I don't know what happened to the outlet. It is just too loose to connect and engage with the charger. Too bad. It is otherwise a nice keyboard.
on May 6, 2011
Opened the packaging and the strong glue smell blew me away - people still noticed it 3 days later. Also, more than half the time the ipad went to sleep, the keyboard did not re-connect when I turned the pad on - I had to go through multiple combinations of the "connect" button, the power switch, and even turning the ipad's bluetooth on/off. Finally, this isn't the most stable platform - after typing for a bit, and swiping/touching the pad some, there is a constant need to re-seat the pad on the slot holding the pad up. I returned it today.
on April 15, 2011
I love the way the case looks, and holds my ipad. I find that the keyboard bluetooth connection goes off frequently, despite my surroundings. This is particularly bad when using Gotomypc.com. I would LOVE to hear any suggestions that anyone has, who has tried this keyboard and had better luck than me. I am certainly no IT genius. I really like the idea, the feel, and the look. The only other complaint that I have is that it really needs two shift keys; only having one on the left is difficult when trying to type.