- Brand Name: Kensington
- Model Number: 64365
- Connectivity Technology: usb
- Keyboard Description: QWERTY
- Color: Black, Silver
Kensington Slim Type Keyboard - PC ( 64365 )
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sleek contemporary profile complements any desktop
- Scissor-switch technology delivers crisp, responsive touch typing
- Laptop-style keys with a lighter action for faster typing
- Intuitive hot keys for one-touch multimedia control
- Easy USB connection
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
The Kensington SlimType Keyboard delivers comfort and convenience - with a style that will complement any desktop. Outside, the sleek, slim exterior reflects today's contemporary styling. Inside, the latest keyboard technologies deliver fingertip convenience and control. Scissor-switch key technology - found in laptops - delivers light action typing with a crisp, responsive feel. And intuitive multimedia hot keys provide one-touch control of volume, play/pause, track, mute, and eject. There are even hot keys for sleep and calculator modes.
Top Customer Reviews
Fortunately, Amazon gracefully accepted the return without any problem.
Here is my take on this keyboard and hope I can prevent someone like me from buying and returning this product.
1) Scissor type keyboard for comfortable typing
2) Smaller than regular size
1) Irregular layout
This was the deciding factor for me.
I could not get used to the strangely placed keys such as Ins, Del, Pgup, Pgdn, Home, End. Since I need to these keys frequently during programming, I found myself making lots of mistakes with this keyboard.
In addition, I started to make mistakes with regular keyboard as well.
2) Compared to regular-sized keyboards, this is smaller but only by a small degree.
I loved the tactile response of scissor-type keyboards. It is definitely easy on my fingers.
However, the cons of this keyboard made me return it.
- If you need to use keys such as Ins, Del, Pgup, Pgdn, Home, End often
- If you think you may have problem adjusting to the irregular layout,
- If you do not desperately need the small saving in space offered by this slim keyboard,
I would recommend you to get regular sized-keyboard with scissor-type structure.
For PC users, I found the following alternatives available in the market.
Of course, there are more, but these are the ones that I tried.
1) I-rocks 6170M (Mac keyboard but can be used with PC without any driver)
2) I-rocks 6170E (with illuminated keys)
The former is cheaper than the latter but it has some shortcomings such as
- Alt and Windows keys are flipped
- It does not have PrtSc, scroll lock, Pause key.Read more ›
- Keys have a very nice feel to them. Not as good as many laptops, but still a huge improvement over a regular desktop keyboard.
- It's much easier to type very fast on these scissor-switch keyboards.
- The media (play/pause, volume up/down) keys are handy.
- Problems with the USB driver. At unpredictable intervals, one key press will result in ~30 repetitions of that key. You have to backspace through them, unless the backspace key was that one that stuck, forcing you to retype most of your last sentence again.
- Chrome-colored paint accents wear off very quickly, leaving an ugly greenish-grey color.
- The keys tend to stick after a while. They feel 10% engaged and you have to poke them a little to unstick them.
- The nonstandard layout is a little annoying at times. I never got used to the pgup/pgdn positions.
- The Cadillac comparison made by other reviewers sounds perfect to me. Too much flash, chrome, and cheap materials and not enough quality.
- Mine lasted less than 18 months. Unacceptable when paying $30 for a keyboard alone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the layout, the sleekness, the ease to use on my fingers, the never clogged keys, excellent item, would buy again and would reccomend to anyone.Published on April 30, 2014 by ohGr
Love the smaller design of the thing. It takes up less space on the desk, and it's easy to reach the function keys. Read morePublished on January 2, 2011 by Serinus
The product does all I had hoped it would. I bought it because I wanted a light touch keyboard and it has been wonderful.Published on December 5, 2010 by Katherine A. Tatum
I bought one of these for work and one for home since I wanted to have the same typing experience both places. I've had both of them a little under two years. Read morePublished on November 30, 2010 by E. Orchard
After reading all of the reviews for this keyboard, I was excited to try it.
First of all, the keyboard looks and feels cheap. Read more
I wanted a keyboard where the keys were low-profile and snapped quickly back. I didn't want my fingers to travel more distance than necessary. Read morePublished on November 14, 2010 by Christopher & Valerie Byrnes
I like the scissor action of this keyboard. It looks nice and seems very sturdy. The only downside that I did not consider before purchase is that with such a small keyboard your... Read morePublished on August 8, 2010 by Sheryl Bateman
Love this keyboard. I had been looing for something with an "Apple" look for the PC, and this is one of the closest things I found. Read morePublished on June 9, 2010 by Madd Krakker
First of all I would like to say that this keyboard came the next day even tho i chose the 3-5 day shipping so that was a plus. Read morePublished on May 28, 2010 by Joseph Sousa