Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse (K72327US)" and save 53% off the $119.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse (K72327US)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The low-profile shape along with the silver metallic finish offer beautiful aesthetics and ergonomic comfort. The trackball takes up less desk space than what is needed to operate a mouse and is more comfortable during extended use because it requires less arm and wrist movement.
- Laser technology provides highly accurate and responsive cursor tracking and scrolling, plus the large 55mm ball makes it quicker and easier to navigate anywhere on the screen
- Ambidextrous design for left or right-handed users
- Compatible with Windows (including Windows 8) and Mac OS Computers
- Review the videos under the image section and user manual under product details for set up and user guidance.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Mac OS X
- 2 Year Warranty
- 90-Day Money Back Guarantee (Warranty and Guarantee only valid if purchased through Kensington Authorized Resellers)
SlimBlade Trackball, Graphite w/Ruby Red Trackball
The trackball of choice for professionals looking for a sleek productivity tool in their home office. The SlimBlade Trackball is unique because of its twist scrolling. Simply spin the trackball sideways and you cruise up and down documents and web pages. The low profile design offers comfortable ergonomic support and dual lasers create precise cursor control to minimize hand and wrist movement.
Quickly move up and down long documents or web pages using a simple left or right twist of the large trackball.
Dual Laser Precision
The large 55mm ball is accurately tracked on both the X and Y axis, giving you better cursor control that requires less hand and wrist movement during long workdays.
Free downloadable software provides an even more personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 4 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds.
Sleek, Ambidextrous Design
The slim, low-profile shape is perfect for either right-handers or left-handers and takes up less desk space while keeping your wrist at a more neutral angle, which provides ergonomic relief.
Wired USB Connection
Provides a direct and reliable connection for continuous performance and eliminates the need for batteries.
Kensington is the brand professionals choose when they need the most innovative and reliable accessories to be at their productive best. With more than 30 years of trusted expertise, business professionals and home office users can be assured that every Kensington product you purchase will deliver on our 'smart. safe. simple' brand promise.
Compare with similar items
Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse (K72359WW)
Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse with Scroll Ring (K72337US)
Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse, Four-Button, Programmable, Dark Gray
Kensington Orbit Wireless Trackball Mouse (K72352US)
CST2545-5W (L-Trac) USB Wired Ambidextrous High Performance Laser Ergonomic 5-Button Trackball (Black) - Made in the USA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Clearly Superior Products|
|Connectivity Technology||Wired, USB||wireless||—||PS/2, USB||Wireless, USB||—|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 2.0||Radio Frequency, USB 3.0||USB||USB 2.0||USB||USB|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 5 x 3.5 in||6.02 x 4.92 x 2.76 in||2 x 6 x 8 in||9 x 3 x 8 in||2 x 7 x 6 in||6.75 x 3.75 x 1.75 in|
|Item Weight||0.7 lb||1.35 lbs||0.65 lb||7.2 ounces||0.6 lb||1 lb|
|Platform||Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista||Windows, Mac||Windows||Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8||Windows, Windows 8||—|
|Sensor Technology||Trackball, Laser||Trackball||Trackball||Trackball||Trackball||Trackball, Laser|
Want to improve your productivity, increase cursor control and save desktop space? Look no further than a trackball from Kensington-the world leader in trackball innovation. All Kensington Trackballs can be fully customized with Kensington TrackballWorks software to customize the functions of each of the buttons found on Kensington trackballs. The result is a more productive and truly personalized computing experience. Set your preferred functions or keyboard shortcuts for each trackball button or combination of buttons, adjust the pointer speed and acceleration and do so much more. Best of all, by allowing you to personalize your trackball experience, TrackballWorks makes your trackball work the way you do.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This trackball had a major flaw, though, that drove me to distraction. Every time I would press one of the buttons it had a little "catch" before engaging the microswitch in the usual clicky way. It was like there was a little flash of plastic that hadn't been cleaned up before assembly that was rubbing on the button (but that was not the problem.) I call this major, because, when you are working, being distracted by an annoyance is the last thing you want.
Today I had enough of this and disassembled the trackball to determine what the problem was. Inside, I found that there is a tab to prevent the button flaps from being pulled back which makes sense because that would destroy the unit. What didn't make sense is that there was a spot of sticky matter on the tabs where they engaged the button flaps. What I was feeling was that sticky matter letting go before the button depressed to engage the underlying switch. I cleaned the goop off with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol and reassembled the mouse and now the "catch" is gone and the switches feel just like you would expect them to.
If the trackball had arrive in the condition it now is in, it would receive a 5/5 from me. I should not have to dis-assemble and fix a brand new device to make it work properly. I can not image a reason why they would want that bit of goo to be in that location in the assembly.
1. The larger ball is more maneuverable across the screen, is very smooth and is responsive.
2. The trackball is removable and can be kept clean (The pointer's response to my old Logitech trackball began hanging and jumping, most likely from dirt that can't be cleaned or removed in that design.).
3. There are four click buttons, comfortable for the hand, and are properly responsive (The placement of the hand is slightly different with the four-button design which was not an issue for me after a short time of using this new Kensington.).
4. Since the mouse is ambidextrous and desk space was needed to the right of my computer, I started straight away with the mouse to the left of the computer and using my left hand (I am right handed) - what a great option, helped big time for space, and it was not long before my left hand became as proficient as my right hand!
5. The four buttons can be programmed, creating quicker maneuvers for those actions which require more hand movement than a quick click (I programmed "back" (for the browser) with a click of the top left button, "forward" with a click of the top right button, "drag" with the simultaneous click of both top buttons, and the opening of Google (or another Google tab) with the simultaneous click of the bottom two buttons; copy, paste and undo are each easily handled with a one-hand hot key stroke.).
6. The speed of the screen's response to the trackball is programmable.
7. The common benefit of all trackballs, neither extra space nor a pad is needed for physically moving the mouse to move the on-screen pointer.
8. Last, it is wired!
The only less maneuverable action compared to an alternative mouse may be scrolling. Scrolling is accomplished on the Kensington by rotating the trackball. In competing mice, where the scroll wheel is fixed, scrolling may be slightly easier.
Refusing to go wireless and wanting quality response and performance, I read a lot of reviews and looked at a lot of mice before I took the leap. If you like a trackball, this is a good one, and it comes with a one year warranty.
UPDATE 3/1 Lucky I didn't throw it in the trash can. Computer technician determined it's a Windows 10 update glitch. My Logitech trackman doesn't work in any USB port now either and the tech and I are both scratching our heads...since my other backup "bluetooth" mice both work. Seems the latest Windows 10 update doesn't like USB connected wired mice anymore. The tech worked for an hour and a half and reset the system to before the update and that didn't work either. Long story short....I just ordered a bluetooth Kensington Expert ball mouse and hopefully that will work. A thousand pardons about the SlimBlade wired trackball mouse. I love it (but I'll have to give it to someone whose computer likes it. Beware, if you use a wired mouse on Windows 10, an update could send you to look for a bluetooth. Is this an evil plot?
Most recent customer reviews
The trackballWorks software makes other normal mouses unusable.Read more