Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike
|Price:||$339.81 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$60.18 (15%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High-quality tandem bike with a durable cruiser-style frame
- 21-speed Shimano Tourney drive train and Revo twist shifters
- Easy-to-access stand-over heights (29 inches front and 20 inches rear)
- Extra-wide 2.1-inch tires; reliable alloy linear pull V brakes
- Pair of spring gel saddles and dual water bottle holders
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Frame Material Type||Steel|
|Inseam Length||29 inches|
|Item Dimensions||8 x 27 x 79 inches|
|Item Weight||53 pounds|
|Maximum Height||68 inches|
|Minimum Height||61 inches|
|Number Of Speeds||21|
|Shipping Weight||66.5 pounds|
|Standover Height||29 inches|
|Wheel Size||26 inches|
Top Customer Reviews
I missed a gold box sale on this bike for $199 but picked it up for $219 a week or so later (with free shipping) which is a bargain either way you look at it. Shipping was fast and delivered right to the door. It's a large box so be prepared.
Assembly was relatively easy - can't comment on the instructions because never even needed to read them. Basically had to install one tire, handle bars, both seats, brakes, pedals, and bottle racks. The shifting mechanism and back tires came pre-assembled which took most of the real work out of the assembly.
The look of the bike is actually very attractive especially compared to most tandem bikes which tend to be very linear and bulky looking. This is much smoother with great lines. The silver fades into a gun-metal grey with a few red accents and black grips, seats, tires, bottles etc... Overall a very pleasing appearance albeit a bit retro.
Shifters are in the handle and smooth enough. One handle does the big shifting and the other handle fine tunes the shifting. The brakes are sufficient but NOT disc brakes but rather those little "v" brakes.Read more ›
1) The style is unique and interesting. Silver & Black w/splashes of Red is eye-catching.
2) The large tires give a comfortable ride. White-walls give it a "retro" look, too.
3) Operation is smooth and quiet. I thought the extra chain/cranks and bulk would make it creak or rattle.
4) It has great shock-absorbing seats...by La-Z-Boy, no less!
5) The drive train components are good quality. Shifting is accurate.
6) Most important, the brakes in conjunction with the larger tires have excellent stopping power.
...And some of the negative comments...:
1) Welds are complete and adequate, though sloppy. A minor detraction you have to look closely to see.
2) It's not meant to race despite 21-gears: the weight, tires and posture are designed for leisurely cruising.
3) It's LONG! I couldn't fit it in my SUV without the rear hatch ajar. It needs quick release hubs!
4) Curved frame makes mounting a pump awkward.
5) Many have mentioned shipping damage and mine was no exception. This is probably due to its cumbersome size.
6) Customer service has been mentioned by others to be great. I haven't gotten a response after a week and a half...and the receptionist has changed to an answering machine. This could be either from faltering service or bike popularity overwhelming their service capacity.
...But for the price, beginners like myself could not find a better deal, not even second-hand! I wanted to kindle my joy of bicycling in my wife, who has very little time for exercise. I don't think she ever felt completely confident in her ability to control the bike.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice bike. Is it a $2000 bike, no but it is much nicer than a Walmart quality. Ive looked at $700-800 bikes and this bike is better or as good as those. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Harold
We bought two of these bikes. The metal piece that does under the front seat (of one of the bikes) to attach the seat to the lower frame was NOT in the box. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
In retrospect, I probably would have purchased another tandem.
My girlfriend really likes tandem bikes so that I can steer and brake, and she can look around at the... Read more
My girls got this from Santa. Well the front seat that also has the handlebars didn't come with anything to tighten it so the seat swivels anytime the back rider moves the handle... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Cristi W.
Purchased for my parents' thirtieth anniversary, they loved it! Had some trouble with the turning radius but that was just a learning curve :)Published 7 months ago by laura
It's fun riding with my daughter this 2 person's bicycle. however, internal thread of front left pedal crank shaft was abrased totally. It cannot be fixed to screw again. Read morePublished 9 months ago by danha
Great bang for buck. Had to adjust front brakes but other than that been great. My wife and I love to ride.Published 9 months ago by satisfied
Took the advice of others and had it professionally put together. Works well. A lot of fun!Published 10 months ago by BRIAN R COOPER