Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Carrie Underwood All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on May 15, 2013
My husband is very into stereos and has the kind of system in his car where it makes it hard to breathe. I just bought a CR-V and wanted to be able to hook my iPhone up to listen to my music and Pandora, and something that changed colors (hey, I'm female...so changing colors was important to me). We priced out all sorts of head units anywhere from Wal-Mart to Crutchfield. Finally, I took a chance and checked on Amazon. This is one that we were looking at in Crutchfield, but it's almost half the price. While he hated me for getting Kenwood (since he is so dedicated to Pioneer) I wanted THIS because it was an awesome price and did everything that I wanted. Let's just say...he's jealous. ;)
on March 6, 2013
I installed the unit in my '86 Corolla about 3 weeks ago and highly recommend using an adapter to connect to the original wiring. It took me awhile to make sense of some of the instructions in the manual. I found it easier to "play" with the controls until I figured out how everything works. All things considered, there really isn't a thing I don't like about the receiver. I didn't give it 5 stars only because the directions in the owner's manual could have been better written. The unit fit in my dash perfectly. NO problems whatsoever. I especially enjoy listening to the songs I have on my memory stick. I havent used the radio and doubt I will.
Oh one other thing, I kinda thought I'd be able to get Pandora without connecting an additional device. Foolish for me to think that but didn't see any harm in wishing. I can't imagine there being a better receiver for the price.
on February 13, 2013
The Kenwood brand is a very high quality brand for any car set up which is why I bought this item. I loved the Pandora, auxiliary, and usb ports right on the front of the plate, but I only find myself using the Aux port more often. If you're looking for a great CD receiver this is a great buy, but I would also buy another model because it seems that the price of this item is jacked up because of the Pandora feature. It's also very easy to install, all you need is a wire harness that is compatible with your car, stereo mounts, and a screw driver.
on April 3, 2013
I got a beater truck, and I wanted to add a headunit to power 4x6 speakers along with a slim sub behind the seat, so I wanted a high preout voltage which this unit delivers. It's straight business, so don't expect a lot of adjustability in fine tuning sound, but the active filters do work well, and like other excelon products I've bought, sound quality is great. Came with remote which was a nice suprise, you must use your own usb cable which isn't a big deal, but it charges my iphone when it's plugged in, and pandora and audio out feature works perfectly.
on June 3, 2013
Almost every time i touch any button on the faceplate it turns off then back on. I can only use the remote on this unless i let it turn off and on when i push a button. It is VERY annoying. I have checked the wires in the back 3 times to make sure the input connectors were secure. The only conclusion is a weak connection from the faceplate to the unit. I would never purchase this unit again.

The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is the range of tuning options you have for sound. That is the only saving grace.
on March 18, 2012
A nice radio with lots of good settings. Worth the price.
The color change is fun, BUT the digital display does not change it stays pale blue. So if you are looking to match your car. Keep looking.
I would buy it again.
on April 16, 2013
This deck is amazing. I set it up in my car first, and the hardware is not only helpful, but easy. I then took the deck in the house where I have a high quality 12v converter as the car is off to the paint booth. I have been using in the house and it sounds better than my house stereo. I would tell everyone.
on August 13, 2016
Holding up great after a few years
on March 27, 2013
These guys know how to make a RADIO
One things for sure you wont go wanting or wishing for more
When you put the right speakers with this unit, you get pure perfection
Great Radio for the Price! Certainly worth the Value
Thanks Kenwood! ...from one loyal customer
on March 17, 2013
Was pretty good I like it alot. Way better than any other one I have seen. Works well in my truck even tho it's an early 80's model. Looks really good too. Just keep in mind it's has alot more output power than most head units so turn your amp and stuff down lol.