- Get free shipping on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Sound of Tri-State Inc. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Kenwood eXcelon DDX9902S Multimedia Receiver with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
|Price:||$699.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Built-in Bluetooth with Hi Res Streaming
- >HDMI input with MHL for Android Phone Mirroring
- Screen size 6.95"
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
- idatalink Maestro RR for the steering wheel controls. Went with this because it was imperative to retain the steering wheel functionality. Happy to report that all the buttons on the steering wheel work as intended - even the on-hook/off-hook buttons and the push to talk button (the push to talk becomes your siri button when Carplay is activated, and a voice dial button if not). Volume up/down works, and you can scroll through tracks or presets with the arrow up/down button. Additionally, Mode will change inputs such as XM, HD radio, etc. They did have to install a separate bluetooth mic and XM antenna, but I was OK with that as long as it worked. So far no issues with voice quality or XM reception. The GPS antenna and XM antenna are mounted in a corner of the passenger side dash.
- PAC TATO JBL interface. Sounds great so far and no issues to report.
- Metra dash kit. I went with this solely because the Scosche didn't arrive on time so I had to pick up what they had at Best Buy. I'm happy with the Metra though - color matches closely and good fit. No visible gaps are misalignment. This is probably more a result of professional installation, however.
Overall very happy with the unit.Read more ›
Due to unrelated issues with my S6E, I switched to Apple and am now using CarPlay. Here's my takeaways:
- Overall reliability when connected is far superior than either Android phone I've used. It connects within seconds of being plugged in and music streaming has no buffering that I experienced on Google Play. Siri is pretty good at getting music requests right as well.
- Apple maps sucks compared to Google Maps. Why the default color palette is made so dark so you can't use it during daytime is beyond me. It's great at night but next to useless if you are driving in the sun. Not to mention it also struggles to find places by name, but given the street address finds them fine. I also notice it doesn't learn as well if you take a faster route than it wanted to take - Just his past Saturday it started off with the worst route to the golf course I've been to 5 times. Nokia Here would even be better than this.
- Apps are good but coming slower than Android I think, plus I had to find a different Podcast app since Joyride isn't on iOS
I like the look of Android Auto better, but CarPlay is much more polished (other than maps)
I switched back to a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge this past weekend as I needed the camera for an event, and can still attest to the functionality of this unit. I have noticed a few less skips or buffering issues on Google Play Music, while still getting the same smooth performance from screen to screen. Everyone is always impressed how accurate the voice commands work, no matter who is talking, as long as only one person is talking.Read more ›
1st things first:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with android 5.0.1 on it (the latest version).
The Kenwood has the latest version of Android Auto.
My phone has ther latest version of Android Auto.
I bought this at the car stereo place (they had to order one from Kenwood directly) so that I would have the 2 year warrenty (dont know if you get the 2 year warrenty if you buy from amazon, or only the stock 1 year).
I had this installed in my car via a certified (and 5 star rated) car audio place.
Even before driving off after they had installed it, I couldnt get anything to work, nor could the installers or the manager, or Kenwood reps.
Here is the good:
1. The radio plays. It sounded better in my old stereo though (2003 VW Jetta GXL) than it does in the Kenwood. But the radio works, so its a plus.
2. The backup camera (I had one put in the car, since it didnt have one) is crystal clear, excellent view, and has nice backup lines. Also, you can use it when not in reverse, which is good if you are about to back up, or checking someone driving up behind you, or to see if your significant other is ready for you to pop the trunk.
3. Speedy. The unit is as speedy as my Note 4 or Tab Pro. Very nice.
4. When Android Auto works, it is heaven. Voice commands work very well, touchscreen works very well (if a little tight at the bottom, which results in some mis-touches).
5. Screen positioning angles. It has MANY angles, enough to satisfy any viewing angle.
6. The unit has a built in alarm. Very nice.
7. HD video, when it works, is good. Not as good as my Note 4, but good enough for a larger ascreen.
1. Android Auto doesnt work.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Overall I'm not happy with this stereo, mostly due to the benefits vs cost. Dont' forget in addition to the radio you need to spend several hundred dollars in installation costs... Read morePublished 2 months ago by ray
I installed my Kenwood 9902s in November 2015 in my 2004 BMW X5 - I've had it for 3 months now. I am a satisfied customer. It works really well with an iphone 6s plus. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Canadian Product User
Don't buy this stupid stereo. Kenwood markets heavily on android auto and apple carplay, but they hardly work or don't work at all. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Faye Wong
Couldn't be happier! Much faster processing than the other CarPlay head units I've used from Pioneer which means scrolling through music playlists is fast just like it is on my 6s... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Stephanie Fehr
I love it, android auto is very picky with usb cords however. I have had this for about a month, use it on an AT&T note 4, and haven't had any problems. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Danny Vernon Thompson
I bought this right after it came out. I have two Pioneer double dins in my other cars but I heard high praise about the Kenwood. For the extra $300 I was very disappointed. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Higrpwd
Buggy and overly complicated. First Android Auto didn't work at all. It constantly connects, then disconnects from my Note 4. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Hanhcooley
I couldn't be happier. Does exactly what it's supposed to. Android auto is a great interface that connects quickly and gets you all the basics in easy to use format that looks... Read morePublished 8 months ago by nick