- Size (LWH): 15.5 inches, 10.5 inches, 8.5 inches
Kenwood eXcelon DNX9990HD Automobile Audio/Video GPS Navigation System
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- 6.95" FULLY MOTORIZED DOUBLE DIN AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD MONITOR
- REAR CAMERA INPUT | VARIABLE COLOR ILLUMINATION
- USB INPUT | BUILT-IN BLUETOOTH | HD RADIO
- REMOTE CONTROL | TOUCHSCREEN
- MANUFACTURE WARRANTY! | GARMIN NAVIGATION
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
GUI is exponentially faster. Iconography is intuitive and slick. The Garmin is...well, a Garmin. So, here's a breakdown of the pros and cons as I see them after having played with this unit a bit.
Not a Bose POS
Screamingly fast GUI
A2DP blu-tooth streaming so I can hardwire my iTouch for optimal sound for my audio library and use blu-tooth to stream my beloved WEEI sports radio meatheads from Boston
Virtually INSTANT!!! rear camera usability - this unit does not need to fully boot before the rear cam comes on - AWESOME!!!
Split screen navi so you can switch/control your audio sources while still seeing the map on your GUI...AND use your backup camera while driving to catch a glimpse of the punks riding your rear bumper
Tons of options for customizing your sound (I've got Diamond Audio S600s components in front driven by a JL Audio 300/4 bridged to 150 rms per speaker and a JL Audio 10W6V2 sub driven by a JL Audio 250/1 dedicated amp so this system ROCKS!Read more ›
Tons of sound enhancement features including space enhancers, a 16 band graphic eq, staging options, and detailed crossover control just to start
Great GPS function from Garmin
Bluetooth audio sounds amazing. Good quality calls
Quick responsive touchscreen interface that has none of the bugs its predecessor had.
Requires extra cable for iPod connectivity.
XM tuner made for this unit has sound quality issues
No optical out.
Only 16 band eq. the standard 31 would be a nice enhancement or parametric eq
1. A screen that is hard to press and often requires pressing a button a second, third or even fourth time before the input is recognized.
2. Lots of messages for KWLanuncher crashes as this module seems to be unstable requiring a reboot.
3. Bluetooth freezes the screen and requires a carefully coordinated effort of moving to the navigation, then back, then back again, then to the home screen before you have access other applications.
4. The unit freezes from time-to-time and since it has no functioning off button (just a reset with a pin), you have to pull over, shut the car off and then restart.
5. Initial boot-up takes up to a minute or more which can be annoying especially when running errands.
6. Completely non-intuitive and a safety hazard. I dare any first time user to tune the radio to their desired station in less than five minutes.
7. Plan on spending at least 2 or more hours upgrading the firmware -- most of it waiting to download files from the Kenwood site which does not operate at more than 70-100kbps. Has Kenwood heard of Amazon AWS?
8. The interface graphics are childish and not commensurate with a high-end audio / multimedia device.
9. The onboard apps sound good in theory, but there is little to no control and they are hap-haphazardly spread throughout many menu and screen displays.
10. Calls to tech support are answered reasonably quickly, but you can hear the manual pages turning on even the most fundamental questions.
This unit was a good idea which was executed in the worst way possible.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was gifted this unit and it had an "internal error" within 3 years that caused it to stop emitting sound completely. Awful purchase, awful customer service, awful brand. Read morePublished 11 months ago by James F Miller IV
Best radio so far love everything about it the map is so clear aND easy to follow especially with the lanes on the screen. The radio has so many functions but easy to use. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Raquel R.
I saved my money for 2 years to buy this radio the dnx9990 hd have had in my truck for just over 3 months then the screen started getting so light you couldn't see it now the radio... Read morePublished on June 25, 2014 by True lions fan
Good product however map should be only gar in. Should be other map product like Tom Tom or Papago. To me its stupid to have garmin and garmin is not the best map aroundPublished on May 16, 2014 by Desmond Lee: what is the input AC voltage? We are using 240 Vac
I bought this June of 2013. At first, I loved it.
Pros - Lots of features.
However, the Nav module has died 3 or 4 times and I have had to reset it. Read more
I purchased a Ford with this brand and model after market radio in it. After 6 and a half months of having the car the radio quit working. Read morePublished on September 18, 2013 by Greatest Aunt Ever