Kerr 0518 wide mouth mason jar pint, 16oz(case of 12)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Prices includes a total of 12-Packs of; Loew-Cornell Kerr Wide Mouth Mason Jar Pint (UPC: 070610005184 )
- Dimensions: 14 in. H x 10.5 in. W x 5 in. D
- Weight: .67 ounces
- Made in United States
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Many people don't like using plastic to store food,so these work well as replacements for plastic containers. To use for packing lunches, make sure and find some type of packing to put around them to protect them from breakage. (One idea: cut a solid piece of Styrofoam the size of the bottom of your lunch container and then cut out holes the size of the bottom of the jar into the styrofoam at least an inch apart. Then the jars should fit inside without moving around)
I wish I could find Kerr jars locally in Atlanta, since it seems crazy to have utilitarian canning jars shipped ... but the price here isn't high enough as to be prohibitive. Usually, I wouldn't go to so much trouble as to order jars online, but I'll be giving these jars, filled with honey, as gifts, and being able to attached a label smoothly is important to me.
Shipping was prompt, and the jars were packed well.
They keep the spices fresh. They work well for what I use them for.
My mother and her friends all used Kerr and Ball growing up, I believe from their experiences there was not really a difference between the two. If there is, I don't know what that difference is. I don't use them for canning, though do plan to do some canning in the near future. When I do, I'll probably use Ball because these are only available online (where I live and I refuse to shop at Walmart) and Ball is less expensive. For basically being the same thing, I really don't know why I'd choose one brand over the other unless there's a specific reason (like labeling).Read more ›
Update 6/13/13: These jars are holding up well. The lids also fit on the 1/2 pint wide mouth jars. Would buy again.
1. For canning or pickling fresh fruits and veggies: they're the perfect size for home use or for gifting. The lid has plenty of room to write the date and product (in case I don't have labels handy). The glass (as opposed to plastic) is also needed for the boiling process of canning goods. (If you like to keep your preserves in smaller quantities, I'd suggest an 8 ounce or 12 ounce jar, as opposed to these 16 ounce jars.)
2. For making salads-on-the-go, dough in a jar, or storing leftover veggies in the fridge (I'm one of those people who suffers from the affliction where all of her tupperware lids mysteriously go missing, and I hate to use saran wrap for covering food, Plus, I try to avoid using plastic whenever possible).
3. For crafting: I cut a slit in the top and use washi tape or paint to decorate the jars, to make cute piggy banks. I also store my perler beads in these jars to separate them by color and be able to easily identify the colors through the clear glass. They're also a good fit for making hanging votives holders. Plus, a lot more craft projects!
I'm super clumsy, but these jars have a sturdy grip and I've never broken one of them. *Fingers crossed*
The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the pricing: it might be my Amazon Prime account that raises the price a bit. But I can generally find these in 12-packs at the grocery store or on crafting websites for a little bit less. But I'm willing to pay a little extra so I can use my Prime shipping to get them quickly and avoid grocery stores.
All in all, these are my favorite mason jars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product was as pictured but WAY over priced. I found the same product for 8 dollars two days later.Published 2 months ago by Justin B.
Awesome product, nothing more to say really. Provide a great seal, is just the right size for smaller batches - very happy.Published 4 months ago by ArJay
Although one jar was smashed up, the rest were the perfect size for my project and i would order again. Thank you for speedy shipping.Published 5 months ago by NJ
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.