Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kerr 0519 wide mouth jar quart, 32oz (case of 12)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on November 9, 2011
The canning jars are great, and I don't want to take away from their rating because of the cost. Amazon is my go-to place for ANYTHING I want to purchase, but I did, however, discover the very same set at Kmart for less than half the price AFTER I purchased these. I will not be buying these from Amazon again.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
Okay, I first began my search looking for the smaller sized jars made by Kerr; it was the 8oz jars. I read a review on Amazon on those jars stating that they were overpriced. That; the same jars could be found much cheaper at Walmart. I also read an argument saying that the Ball quality from Wal-Mart was not the same and of a lower quality.

I am here to confirm that the quality is great and are exactly the same at a much cheaper price. BTW; (I own the 8oz and 160z Ball Jars and I honestly don't see any significant difference in the quality..? I think the Kerr glass is a tad thicker but the Ball quality is awesome. They are both great, I don't know why the higher price on Kerr.

Referring now to the Kerr 32oz. Jars; I saw these almost identical jars JARS at a local K-MART for $10.79. It hurts, oh it hurts (sigh) :) They did have the Ball name instead of Kerr; but make no mistake they are the same. My eyes have been opened a little more about amazon. I use to think they were the price to beat. They definitely have the majority of the best prices and great customer service but I would still shop around first. Lastly, If it seems too high it just might be...:)

Anyway don't make the same mistake as me. Shop around. A few times now, I have seen many a product cheaper elsewhere. "Don't get me wrong" Amazon is still my top online store, but I am much more careful now, before I add something to my cart. :)

Update- ********** 7/21/14 ************
"Everyone's a critic :)"
In response to a comment; I do believe this is the appropriate place to comment on the price. I wish someone had made a comment about them being a whole lot cheaper somewhere else before I purchased them here. If you can afford to impulse buy , I say, " More power to you " I'm happy for you :). However, if you are like me and bargain shop for good prices on quality items you would appreciate knowing that these can be purchase a lot cheaper elsewhere. I'm just saying ;).

I do agree that I did not review the actual item. I was upset at the time because I thought then that amazon was the automatic lowest price. I didn't know , so sue me. :). This then is for those who don't have an alternative place to purchase them or don't care about paying a little more. (BTW there is a Kmart.com) wink wink..;)

******* I love the jars, lol. Pricing aside, the jars are really a good quality and I have used them for soup stocks and many other things. A tip though is, they are not suppose to go in the freezer. The smaller ones, (8 & 16oz),can I believe , but I looked this up and it was not recommended to use these in the freezer? (Plus I believe it was printed on the box by a small freezer icon with a slash through it). I know a little surprising but I paid heed and have avoided using them for that purpose but use them for everything else. Please let us know if someone has read otherwise :). I hope that helps someone better. Love amazon reviews and I do thank you all for being honest.
55 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2010
Yes, I guess a canning jar is a "canning jar". So, I did compare my old Golden Harvest brand Mason Jars to these new Kerr canning jars ... well Kerr is a subsidiary of Jarden and it says Kerr on the actual jar. So the Jarden description confused me a little.

Long story short ... good jars ... I had opened 2 - 15 oz cans of Mandarin Oranges and both cans fit just right in these wide mouth, quart canning jars. I like to serve my guests their fruit nice and cold, in a glass jar and with ample amounts of fruit. So with reusable plastic lids (sold separately) many fruity days and nights lie ahead!
on April 11, 2013
They're mason jars. What more do you want? Work like a charm. Eight more words were required for this review.
on September 11, 2011
Good jars with a nice seal on top. I purchased online because I was able to get a better price but half the jars we're broken so it ended up costing more. Being glass I recommend buying local, this way you know you're not getting damaged goods.
on January 6, 2014
The jars came exactly as described and shipped in one piece! Although they worked perfect for the holidays crafts I needed them for, I'm giving them only 3 stars because I found a website that offers these as well as a bigger variety for much cheaper.
on April 10, 2015
Love these. We use them for everyday use, not storing food. I bought them bc Kerr is my maiden name but I love the country theme of drinking out of mason jars. Cracks me up though, we drank from mason jars as kids bc we were poor, now it's the "in" thing. Either way...good product
on December 15, 2014
These are very nice, sturdy jars, that I got on sale for about ¢.07 a piece, and will more than likely buy again. Unlike Mason jars, they are nice and plain, and I like fixing jars up with mixes and stuff and giving them out as gifts. I like the wide mouths, and both Amazon and walk-Mart have screw-on lids for them.
on December 30, 2014
Nice quality wide mouth canning jars. I have learned that the wide mouth jars are just a whole lot easier to can with...especially for larger items like peaches or beets. Great price and delivery from Amazon. Late season my local stores are always out of stock.
on June 4, 2016
Love the jars. I use them to hold my dry goods, nuts and seeds! However, I do not like that the seller puts a sticky label on EVERY SINGLE LID. You can barely get them off! That is really ridiculous. If you were using these jars for canning you have to work to get every sticker off they place onto the lids! What a pain in the neck. Since I only use these as storage, I purchase the white plastic lids (and toss the stickered tin lids in the trash) and they work great!