Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Kerri Arthur Dark Angel Series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 8, 2012, 1:42:36 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
These books are showing up in my Recomendations. Has anyone read the series? What do you think?

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 4:59:37 AM PDT
Naomi Clark says:
I'm intrigued but I went off her Riley Jensen series in a big way, so I'm wary of trying anything else by her. I really enjoyed her Spook Squad trilogy, for what it's worth.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012, 7:32:40 AM PDT
Sharpei says:
I heard the new series is worse the the Jensen series and it is also a spin-off from the Jensen series.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 6:23:40 AM PDT
Robin Hood says:
What happened in the Riley Jensen series?

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 6:49:48 AM PDT
Naomi Clark says:
I stopped reading after book five, so can't say how it ended, but the first five books veered between very good (Dangerous Games) and book-burningly bad (Embraced by Darkness). The reason I quit was solely Quinn though. I didn't mind the werewolf sex stuff or the multiple partners, but I loathed with a passion the way Riley, this ostensibly strong, clever woman, put up with a man who treated her like a blow-up doll he was really only using because it was more convenient than going out and finding a real woman. *shudder*

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 9:17:41 AM PDT
lifewontwait says:
I don't like Arthur's books. Her very first one was bad enough to put me off wanting to read any others.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 10:15:37 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
I liked Quinn fine, but I never read the last book. Once they introduced her true wolf mate, and he was SUCH a bad guy, but Riley wanted him anyway because he was her true wolf mate, and how it all ended up, I just didn't feel the urge to read the last one.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 10:29:09 AM PDT
Naomi Clark says:
I'm very leery of "fated to mate" romances - they feel like a cheat to me. You don't have to build up a relationship because people just "know" they love the other person. Arthur could have turned that on its head with Riley; give her a soulmate she cannot bear to be with because of the man he is, and having to fight her attraction to him, rather than just giving in because yay hormones. Disappointing to hear she didn't explore that, but I guess that's her authorial choice!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012, 5:03:29 PM PDT
Sharpei says:
Lol, then you're going to love this. Her mate was killed off and she ended up with Quinn. Her and Quinn show up for cameo's in this new series.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 8:48:46 PM PDT
Serene Night says:
I thought Kerri Arthur's books was too rapey for me. I don't like rape as sexy. Quinn bugged me too, but I couldn't finish the first one.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012, 3:17:51 PM PDT
Donna Cravey says:
Cheri, did she ever have a kid?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012, 3:42:04 PM PDT
Sharpei says:
Not that I'm aware of no.

Posted on Apr 10, 2012, 5:10:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2012, 7:40:32 AM PDT
Julaine says:
Her twin brother's lover's sister had the baby for her. I think it was her Twin's DNA and his lover's sister but I may be remembering wrong. I kind of lost interest around the time the fated mate showed up and turned out to be a mobster type scumbag. I have the spinoff on my TBR pile but who knows if it will ever reach the top.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012, 6:29:39 AM PDT
Donna Cravey says:
Thanks!

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 1:55:46 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
L. Stone,
Are you implying that you too suffer from an extremely large TBR pile?

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 2:33:14 AM PDT
Julaine says:
MY TBR pile is currently at 160+ and I have 52 books on pre-order currently with Amazon and half a written notebook full of author announcements that haven't hit the computer ordering systems yet. Sigh. I may be no John Green with his 5000 book collection but I do have around 1400+ on my current Kindle and another 2000 or so ebooks on my laptop that I bought BK. I am obsessed.

So many authors ended up on my autobuy list that my slush pile keeps growing. I think I may have to reassess some of my choices so I can try some new authors people have been talking about. Of course, that will only add to the stockpile. Has anyone EVER reached the bottom of their TBR?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 4:50:00 AM PDT
Robin Hood says:
What is this "bottom of the TBR pile" you speak of? It's a theoretical concept, right?

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 5:10:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2012, 5:12:48 AM PDT
Julaine says:
Well I DID say that no one had ever actually seen it, it's only a rumor at the present time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 6:49:51 AM PDT
Magdalen77 says:
And I used to worry about running out of books to read. At this point I may never even get to try some authors that I might like. As it is there are quite a few authors whose first book I've read and it was good enough that I mean to read their succeeding books, but I don't have the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 2:57:16 PM PDT
Cleosmom says:
Very much so..

I'm currently at around 200 books in the pile...real physical books. I have not joined the e-book revolution and have no intention of joining it. I like a book in hand. I'm planning on reading Ilone Andrews series, and going back to Patricia Briggs along with Koontz, GArwood, and Krentz.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 7:08:31 PM PDT
Deb Devaki says:
I love Ilona Andrews. Actually not at first. It took a second reading of the first Kate Daniels book because I was somewhat confused about the magic. But now it's one of my top five favorite series.

I'm on the fence about ebooks. I have a new Kindle Fire and absolutely love adding free books (see the thread FREE Books and Chat). I love the idea of being able to carry all my favorite books with me. But I absolutely hate not completely owning the book. I want to be able to loan or give away favorite books or even sale my old books and you can't really do that with ebooks.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012, 4:35:50 AM PDT
5000 books John?

A less kind woman than I would mutter dark snarks about over compensation...but not me! I have faith in you!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012, 8:10:16 AM PDT
Boo says:
Cleosmom, I got my kindle for traveling purposes, and so that I could get in on the indie author revolution, and because there are many good books out there for free or cheap.
My favorites are still going to be bought in physical form, and I have no intention of replacing my paper books with electronic ones, but an e-Reader of some kind is still something helpful to consider if you like to read a lot.
At least get the free Kindle for PC program so that you can test run the idea and get in on new/cheap authors. These guys have suggested some good ones that I can't recall right now.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 7:22:31 AM PST
Brytax says:
Keri Arthur isn't the most super-duper-awesome author ever, but I did enjoy Riley's books, even though Quinn got on my ever loving nerves. Her new series is a fresh look at an established world. I'm loving the Dark Angels, only this time it isn't because I enjoy the female lead, personally I think she's a whiny idiot, but the male hero (who is a half naked reaper, drool) is completely adorable. He's ordered to follow and help Risa and, up to a point, follow her orders, but he's not a pushover either. He stands his ground without being an ass about it. It helps to read the Jenson series first to get the basis of the world, but it's not a necessity.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013, 12:10:10 PM PST
Hi, CheriMarie:

I loved the Riley Jensen series although it took 3 books for me to warm up to it. I think what I loved most about the books is that Riley was a flawed character who worked her way through a lot of her problems mostly by herself. While some of the overt sexxing made me a tad uncomfortable, it was always within the context of her world and not the be-all and end-all for the characters. Unlike, I'll add, lkh's dreck, where the sexxing is the point and the guilt is the reward (IF you want to call it that - a reward, I mean).

The Spook Squad tri was awesome. I haven't read the new series yet, but it's in my TBR pile - along with the OTHER 200 or so books that are there.

Dea Benedicte
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton (Hardcover - June 5, 2012)
3.7 out of 5 stars (729)