Kershaw One Ton Folding Knife
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Manual opener; Frame lock locking system
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, Bead-blasted finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 front, 410 back
- Blade Length: 3 1/2 inches; Closed Length: 4 5/8 inches
- Tip up or tip down pocket clip
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Following up: Okay, so I've worked with the knife a bit, and over a couple days the action's loosened up a little. Also, with just a little adjustment in my grip, opening the knife is getting easier. My complaints about the grip are still there, but I'm making adjustments myself to deal.
And it is worth it... I broke down a box the other day after buying a new lawnmower, and decided to try this knife out instead of a box cutter. Holy (insert expletive of choice here), this knife slices like you wouldn't believe. Overall, my review is going to go from a three to a four. That one star is still over the grip, but I'm learning to live with it.
On the plus side, the blade shape is really good for utility tasks, and although it's not a good stabbing shape, it comes in useful. And it's very sharp out of the box.
It's not a bad knife for the money. If you like the blade shape, buy it, but I can't help but think that there are other knifes around this price range that might be easier to deal with.
1. It's super light with only a liner on one side. I don't baton wood with it or anything (well, not often), and I've never had any problem with the overall structure being weak from it's lightness. It really is significantly light for it's strength.
2. The flip open functionality is the fastest and smoothest of all my knives with that style of opening. I take it apart and clean it up from time to time, but it takes a lot to get enough grit in there to slow it down to that point (and I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning/sharpening). Once cleaned, it's fast and smooth again, usually for months of daily use. It's just quick, and I've had more than one person say something like "I thought switchblades were illegal."
3. The blade simply cuts well, and holds an edge. I haven't measured, but it seems the angle of the blade edge is smaller than most other knives out of the box (think razor vs chisel). Even with the more gradual edge, it doesn't dull quickly. I know various alloys have different strengths, and I don't even remember what this one is made of. I've just gone through a few now and love how long it cuts and stays sharp.Read more ›
I mostly used fixed blades when out doing anything heavy, but I tried this one out just so I get to play with it and held up nicely.
I wouldn't recommend if you use around people squeemish about knives, it is pretty large.
I havent tried them yet but give the half ton and 3/4 ton a look as well. This is not a small knife.
The blade was a little stiff at first, I adjusted it very very slightly and just cycled it open and closed a bunch of times until I found how I liked it. 5/5 since it completely met my expectations and was actually a bit more sturdy than I originally imagined it.
Only got one day abusing it a lot more than I should have but was just having fun with it still good to go, it did dull after playing with it all day, used for cutting some rope, branches, and boxes.
Easy blade to sharpen though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Big and awkward just buy one of the Emerson Kershaw they are a lot more normal knife for the same price.Published 17 months ago by jordan howe
was much smaller then it looked online, never buy a knife without holding it in your hand first.Published 18 months ago by joe b
Nicely built, but too big for my taste. Perhaps the half ton would have been more my style. Re-sold it to a friend for the same price I paid, he loves it.Published 18 months ago by Felix T. Rodriguez
Got this knife almost a year ago now daily use I've beat the tar out of this thing and it's stayed shap for about the first four months after that I put a too working edge on it... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Ashton .b
One of the best deals on a big knife out there. Comes in all sizes too.Published 20 months ago by MJ
Very sharp and easy to resharpen. Lots of knife for the money. No its not a pry bar, dummy.Published 20 months ago by Mimix5
Don't recommend it's another Kershaw knife with a half of a handle does not feel good and hand.Published 20 months ago by Twain Marsan