2014 Kestrel Talon Complete Road Bike Shimano 105 Matte Carbon 52cm
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual-platform geometry for a stable ride with both road and tri setups
- Bike Type: road/tri
- Wheel Size: 700
- Year Model: 2014
- Size: 52cm
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Frame Material Type||carbon fiber|
|Item Display Weight||35 pounds|
|Package Height||8 x 29.5 x 49.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||29.05 pounds|
What: Kestrel Talon 105 road bike. Who: Road cyclists who want an aerodynamic bike for any application. Why: Using an aerodynamic frame construction, the Talon makes a great road bike at any level. You'll also be right at home if you want to use it as a tri bike.
Top Customer Reviews
1) It's scary fast. I can easy get to about 25mph on a flat surface, and much faster on a downhill.
2) This is my first tri bike, and I didn't realize how rough the ride is. You will feel every single bump on this bike.
3) It needs aero bars. There is a version sold on Amazon with them, but I really don't like bar end shifters, so I went with the drop bars, which are surprisingly comfortable.
4) It does have mix and matched components. It has Shimano 105 shifters and rear derailleur, but Tiagra cassette and front derailleur. From everything I read online, there's not really a huge difference between Tiagra and 105 front derailleurs or cassettes, except 105's cost more.
The bike did come 80% assembled, which is really nice. All and all great buy for a great price!
1) Wheels, although they are light, have an inconsistent braking surface. Even though the wheels are true, the metal brake surface is clearly warped/not smooth. I would recommend purchasing wheels ASAP.
2) Crank is quite heavy, would recommend replacing if you care about weight.
3) The rear cog set is great for flats, but tough on hills. The 28 chainring won't be forgiving on climbs, unless you're already in great shape. Would definitely recommend getting a larger gear for the rear (30-32).