- Shipping Weight: 29 pounds
- ASIN: B009R898NG
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,406,100 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
2014 Kestrel Talon Complete Road Bike Shimano 105 Matte Carbon 52cm
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Frame Material Type||carbon fiber|
|Item Display Weight||30 pounds|
|Package Height||8 x 29.5 x 49.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||29.05 pounds|
2014 Kestrel Talon Road Shimano 105 Carbon Fiber 52CM Bike 3035194652 White/Blk.Authorized dealer-warranty is valid.For a valid warranty please have assembled at your local bike shop.Main Features:Aerodynamic tubing designed in the A2 Wind Tunnel for extraordinary speed.Blend of 800K high-modulus carbon fiber with 700K intermediate-modulus carbon fiber frame and fork for the perfect combination of lightweight and stiffness.Dual-platform geometry for a stable ride with both road and triathlon configuration.Kestrel EMS Pro seatpost for a wide range of saddle positions for both road and triathlon use.Specifications:COLOR(S): Black - MatteFramesetSIZE: 52cmMAIN FRAME: Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon FiberREAR TRIANGLE: 700K Carbon Fiber With Replaceable Derailleur HangerFORK: EMS Pro SL Aero, Full Carbon, 1 1/8 - 1 1/4Ã¢â‚¬Â Tapered SteererWheelsWHEELSET: Oval Concepts 327 Alloy Clincher, 27mm rim, 20H Front, 24H RearTIRES: Hutchinson Equinox 700 x 23c FoldingDrivetrainCRANKSET: Oval Concepts 730 Alloy Compact 50/34T (48cm, 52cm: 170mm; 55cm, 57cm: 172.5mm; 60cm: 175mm)BOTTOM BRACKET: Oval Concepts Integrated, External BearingsFRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra, Braze-onREAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105, 10-spSHIFTERS: Shimano 105 STICASSETTE: Shimano Tiagra, 11-25TCHAIN: KMC X10 Nickel-plated 10-spComponentsBRAKE SET: Tektro Dual PivotBRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105HEADSETFSA Integrated, 1 1/8 Top, 1 1/4 Bottom with 15mm Top CoverHANDLEBAR: Oval Concepts 310 6061 Alloy, Ergonomic Fit (48cm, 52cm: 40cm; 55cm, 57cm: 42cm; 60cm 44cmSTEM: Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees (48cm, 52cm: 90mm; 55cm: 100mm; 57cm, 60cm: 120mm)SADDLE: Oval Concepts 500 w Cr/Mo RailsSEAT POST: Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp SystemAccessoriesTAPE/GRIP: Kestrel Suede Tape
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) It's scary fast. I can easy get to about 25mph on a flat surface, and much faster on a downhill.
2) This is my first tri bike, and I didn't realize how rough the ride is. You will feel every single bump on this bike.
3) It needs aero bars. There is a version sold on Amazon with them, but I really don't like bar end shifters, so I went with the drop bars, which are surprisingly comfortable.
4) It does have mix and matched components. It has Shimano 105 shifters and rear derailleur, but Tiagra cassette and front derailleur. From everything I read online, there's not really a huge difference between Tiagra and 105 front derailleurs or cassettes, except 105's cost more.
The bike did come 80% assembled, which is really nice. All and all great buy for a great price!
1) Wheels, although they are light, have an inconsistent braking surface. Even though the wheels are true, the metal brake surface is clearly warped/not smooth. I would recommend purchasing wheels ASAP.
2) Crank is quite heavy, would recommend replacing if you care about weight.
3) The rear cog set is great for flats, but tough on hills. The 28 chainring won't be forgiving on climbs, unless you're already in great shape. Would definitely recommend getting a larger gear for the rear (30-32).