- File Size: 2504 KB
- Print Length: 297 pages
- Publication Date: April 18, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CFB31E4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#385,618 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2729 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- #4262 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- #4301 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
|Print List Price:||$11.00|
Save $10.01 (91%)
Ketchum and Cobb Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 297 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
My problem with the book is the unending number of similes. At least 3/4 of them are terrific. BUT they get in the way of the flow of the story. They are self-indulgent. They are that problem that every writer has with a first book -- editing out the lines the author thinks are the absolute best lines in the book. There are just toooooooooooooooooo many and they get really annoying pretty quick. Even the good ones, even the best ones. . . The author needs to make a rule for himself -- something like only one per chapter. Not one simile per page or per paragraph or per sentence! Just one per chapter. And the chapters have to be longer than one or two pages. No fair making the chapters really really short to accommodate more similes.
BTW, I've just come home from what is almost an annual trip to Boston -- a city I really don't like but have to go to for professional meetings -- and Mullen has done a better job of explaining to me than I've been able to do for myself why I don't like Boston. Those ugly grey Irish battleship three story three family houses, the incredibly ugly architecture that all the Bostonians I know tell me is gorgeous, that insane airport. It feels as I read as if Mullen and I look at Boston through a single set of eyes.
It's true. People from Mass say tonic and not soda. I was delighted to be reminded of the way people from Mass pronounce many words, leaving out the r's. ("Pahk the cah" instead of Park the car.) If you are a long-time resident there, you don't even notice it.
I liked Ketchum and Cobb; They work well togethers. Jimmy and Bren have their flaws and that's what makes them likable. In this (in what I hope is the first in a series) Jimmy and Bren investigate the murder of a man in his South Boston home. During the investigation, much of Boston is revealed. What the homes and neighborhoods are like. You can just picture yourself taking in the sights, sounds, and smells as you travel with the detectives along Boston's busy streets.
This book is quite the delight for people who are familiar with Boston and its surrounding cities, and for those who want to learn a bit about the Bay State.
And, oh yes...The book is wicked good!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy to follow the plot even though there were many characters. Quick read. Lots of Boston and NH locations used in the story.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery