|Print List Price:||$34.95|
Save $24.96 (71%)
Keto for Life: Look Better, Feel Better, and Watch the Weight Fall off with 160+ Delicious High-Fat Recipes Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Born in Connecticut and a Yankee to the bone, Mellissa currently lives on the beach in Belize with her husband of 24 years, their 10-year-old son, and two very spoiled cats. In addition to cooking and photography, Mellissa is an avid reader, gardener, and lover of coffee, bacon, and bourbon. --This text refers to the paperback edition.
- File size : 11641 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Publication date : May 29, 2018
- Print length : 687 pages
- Publisher : Victory Belt Publishing (May 29, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- ASIN : B07CKJG6QM
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #33,258 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you were to only buy one low carb / keto cookbook you could not go wrong buying this book (I am also a fan of George Stella...he and Melissa know what they are doing!). I have never tried one of her recipes that I did not like and constantly recommend her blog to new low carbers. Her recipes are very accessable and do not require a cubbard full of oddball ingredients.
I highly recommend it. You will not be sorry.
- the book is beautiful - color photos, thick pages and cover, plus a well-organized TOC and Index (a pet peeve of mine if done poorly)
- Mellissa’s sense of humor and tell-it-to-you-straight style makes you feel like you’re chatting with a trusted girlfriend (including hilarious and genius tips for getting picky eaters to appreciate Keto dishes!)
- the book manages to be both a great starting point for Keto as well as educational for someone already practicing Keto (I’ve been faithful since January 2018 and still learned a ton from the intro!)
- two words: meal plans (with grocery lists) these are amazing! They include prep lists, tips, photos, macro counts and page number references.
- encouraging and uplifting in content and presentation coming from someone (Mellissa) who gets the diet battlefield (and she’s so real about it)
- Love the “fin” analogy - she gives tons of tips for variations on Keto to keep it working
Thank you Mellissa for pouring your heart into a beautiful book that will be a go-to in my house for years to come - starting tonight with easy salsa chicken for dinner!
So, I was already primed to love this new book, Keto for Life, but it has exceeded my high expectations. It's a keto kitchen treasure, such a pleasure to have this work in print form for off-screen meal planning (and foodie swooning)!
Here's what a love about it:
===The Meal Plans===
Chapter 2 offers a 4 week meal plan. Each plan has its daily macros worked up and a weekly shopping list in quantities for 1 person, so it's very easy to multiple for any number of people. The meal plans are a great way to get going fast and know the total day's macros are balanced.
The calorie counts for the meal plans are pretty low-moderate (1200-1600) and the other macros also moderate, which makes room for me to add some extra protein for my higher personal macros. The carb counts are often well under 20g ECC also, so there's wiggle room to squeeze in a bit more veg or increase serving sizes a little--the flexibility is nice!
Well-organized and excellent variety of recipes from several culinary "genres." Colorful veggies worked in at every opportunity, really maximizing all the delicious nutrition one enjoy despite a keto-low carb count!
Customizing new meal plans (or just picking out recipes individually) is made very easy with at-a-glance macros for calories, fat, protein, carbs, fiber, net carbs in a color-bar footer for each recipe. IBIH recipes are typically easy to make and use easy-to-find ingredients. The same holds true in Keto for Life!
Each recipe is prefaced with a quick note from Sevigny about the recipe (similar to those found in the blog--fun and motivating to read) and a helpful info line for yield, serving size, prep time, and cook time. I'm grateful that ingredients are offered in both volume and weight measures as appropriate since I use a lot of weight measurement for carb-counting precision.
===The Book Design===
The book's graphic and info organization design are perfection--so easy to navigate and so visually inspiring. As a document designer interested in user experience and usability, I'm impressed! Great use of color, sidebar spaces, illustrations, photographs, and call-out boxes such as "Make it Easy," "Pro Tips," and "Family-Friendly Tip."
The food photography is gorgeous, as per usual for the I Breathe I'm Hungry website. From my years enjoying IBIH recipes, I know that they turn out every bit as appealing and delicious as they look in these photos, too. I want to make every single thing in this book!
- recommended resources (keto books, blogs, sites, forums, food brands)
- at-a-glance visual index of all the recipes using small images for each
- allergen index for each recipe noting which recipes are dairy free, nut free, egg free, or vegetarian. (I'm assuming gluten/wheat isn't listed here because none of the recipes include that allergen.)
And for those new to keto, Keto for Life offers a 40-page orientation to the keto diet, offering lots of helpful how-to info kept accessible, never overwhelming. It also includes tips on useful kitchen appliances for keto cooking and tips on especially low-carb ingredient alternatives, such as veggie comparison charts (e.g. kale vs collards: similar foods, big carb difference!).
Keto for Life will be my new favorite cookbook for a very long time! I anticipate using it both while "doing keto" and even when I'm "off keto" because these recipes are healthy, delicious, practical, and easy to make either way!
Top reviews from other countries
For anybody thinking of trying a ketogenic diet, this book is a must! The introduction introduces the basic tenets of keto, tells you what you to expect when you enter ketosis, tips and tricks, how to maintain and stay ketogenic for life. There is also a four week meal plan split into weekly plans with a list of ingredients and things you’ll need for each week.
I would thoroughly recommend this book over other ketogenic recipe books and also subscribe to her blog.
The book encourages using all good so it can feel a little repetitive but it’s a great message against food waste.