|Print List Price:||$18.99|
Save $6.00 (32%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Authors
The Keto Reset Instant Pot Cookbook: Reboot Your Metabolism with Simple, Delicious Ketogenic Diet Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker: A Keto Diet Cookbook Kindle Edition
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
From the Publisher
Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls
Beef Pho (Pho Bo)
Makes 4 Servings
This popular Vietnamese soup is pronounced 'fuh,' with an upward inflection. Traditionally, pho can take 5 or more hours to make, but thanks to the Instant Pot, we can get it done in less than half the time it would usually take. The high cartilage content of the oxtails lends a velvety mouthfeel. The heat from the broth cooks the raw beef slices to a perfect medium-rare in the time it takes to add your toppings.
1. For the broth: Rinse the oxtails and brisket well under cold running water. Place the oxtails and brisket in a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat, then reduce to a low boil and cook for 15 minutes. You will see a beige colored raft of foam form on the surface of the water. Remove the pot from the heat, discard the water, and rinse the oxtails and brisket with warm water when they are cool enough to handle. Set the beef aside.
2. Set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Once heated, place the cinnamon, cloves, coriander, and star anise in the bottom of the dry pot insert and toast for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the onion and ginger and continue to stir for an additional minute or two. The aromatics will begin to smell very fragrant during this time, and it is desirable if they begin to char slightly. Press Cancel.
3. Carefully pour in the water, then add the oxtails, brisket, apple, and salt. Secure the lid and set the steam release valve to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button and set the cook time to 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the sirloin in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes (this makes it easier to slice later). Place the
optional toppings in small bowls to prepare for serving later.
5. When the Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes, then carefully switch the steam release valve to Venting. When fully released, open the lid. Very carefully strain the hot broth from the pot through a fine-mesh sieve. Set the brisket aside and discard the ginger, onion, apple, and spices. Leftover bones and cartilaginous bone caps from the oxtails can be saved and used again later to make bone broth. Season the strained broth with fish sauce to taste. Adjust the flavor by adding sweetener to taste, if desired.
6. Remove the sirloin from the freezer and slice thinly across the grain. Likewise slice the cooked brisket. Divide the spiralized zucchini noodles evenly among four large soup bowls. Arrange slices of both raw and cooked beef atop the zucchini noodles, along with slices of red onion and scallion. Gently pour a generous serving of piping hot broth into each bowl directly over top of the raw beef slices and zucchini noodles. Serve immediately with the optional toppings on the side for diners to add themselves, along with lime wedges.
Note: Keto folks might be tempted to omit the apple from this recipe, but don’t! You discard it after cooking, and it adds minimal carbs per serving.
Macronutrients per serving.
With mung bean sprouts.
Fat: 12 g/ 108 Calories.
Carbohydrate: 11 g/42 Calories.
Protein: 46 g/ 185 Calories.
6 ounces sirloin steak.
2 large zucchini, spiralized into thin noodles.
¼ red onion, thinly sliced.
2 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal.
Lime wedges, for serving.
1 cup mung bean sprouts or other sprouted greens.
Few sprigs each of fresh Thai basil, cilantro, and/or mint.
Thai chiles or jalapeños, thinly sliced.
For The Broth
- 1½ pounds oxtails
- ½ pound beef brisket or chuck roast
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 star anise pods
- ½ medium onion, thickly sliced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, thickly sliced and bruised
- 10 cups filtered water
- ½ medium Fuji apple (see Note), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce, or more to taste
- Keto-friendly sweetener (optional)
|The Keto Reset Diet||The Keto Reset Diet Cookbook||Keto for Life|
|Mark Sisson unveils his groundbreaking ketogenic diet plan that resets your metabolism in 21 days so you can burn fat forever.||Slim down, get healthy, and go keto the right way with 150 keto-aligned recipes from the author of The Keto Reset Diet||From the health expert and author of The Keto Reset Diet comes a groundbreaking ketogenic eating and lifestyle plan tailored for longevity, health, and happiness.|
-- Dr. Cate Shanahan, author of Deep Nutrition
"Mark Sisson inspired me to adopt a low-carb, keto-friendly lifestyle that changed my life! His keto-friendly Instant Pot recipes are great for people like me who want to adhere to dietary standards, but don’t always have hours to cook"
-- Elle Russ, author of The Paleo Thyroid Solution, host of Primal Blueprint Podcast
As an advocate for a healthy, balanced approach to keto, I'm always on the lookout for ways to help people enjoy delicious and nutritious keto-friendly foods. Mark Sisson encourages a nutrient-dense and varied diet, and now paired with the convenience of the Instant Pot, it's a perfect match. You'll love these recipes!
-- Leanne Vogel, author of the international bestseller, The Keto Diet, and host of The Keto Diet Podcast
About the Author
Lindsay Taylor, Ph.D., writes and researches for Sisson's Primal Blueprint enterprise, hosting podcasts and serving as the lead moderator on the thriving Keto Reset and Primal Endurance communities on Facebook. A social/personality psychologist by training, she helps fitness and healthy eating enthusiasts adopt healthy mindset and goal setting strategies. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two boys. Find her healthy, colorful meal creations on Instagram.
Layla McGowan began cooking at an early age as her mother introduced her to the Korean recipes that had been passed down orally through her family for generations. From those roots, Layla has evolved into a lifestyle of diverse culinary, health, and fitness practices, motivating and inspiring others in and out of the kitchen. She is an avid weightlifter and yoga practitioner in Alabama, where she lives with her husband Ryan. Get inspired for both fitness goals and kitchen creations on her Instagram. --This text refers to the paperback edition.
- ASIN : B07B2JCKC4
- Publisher : Harmony (May 8, 2018)
- Publication date : May 8, 2018
- Language : English
- File size : 165543 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 186 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #459,105 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
IP directions are simple and easy to follow. Love how each chapter starts with a picture index containing the final dishes in the section, plus there are larger, fuller pictures throughout (looking at you Cauliflower Mac and Cheese!). What really impressed me was the receipe diversity; I'd never would have thought to use the IP to make desserts. Nor would I have merged pumpkin and pork together in the way the Spicy Pork and Pumpkin Soup recipe does, so good! Would have I tried to make Cabbage Shumai at home without the IP, no! Now this dish is my new favorite fridge snack.
Each meal has left me more than physically satiated, I feel mentally satisfied with no food coma or lethargy. Combine that with my own choice to do intermittent fasting (IF), I physically cannot eat quick enough to try more recipes! To all new Instant Pot users, I wish I had a book like this when I initially purchased my IP in 2013. Extending that idea, I dream about having an IP and this book when I was at Univeristy. Imagine eating less grains, ramen, etc by using the IP to make cheaper fattier cuts of meat! Low carb works for me and this book saves me time.
The recipes in clearly written, don't require an extensive list of specialty ingredients, and the ones I've made have been delicious. While its not meant to replace the Instant Pot user's manual, the directions are specific enough that I could set the Instant Pot correctly without referring to the manual, despite never using it before.
One reviewer criticized the content as being beyond what the average family would ever want to consider. I do agree that this is not mac and cheese with chicken patties... Good thing I was not looking for that... When I received the book I had a 3 quart Instant Pot Mini and was dismayed that the recipes were for the larger pots - 6 quart and above.
I thought about tossing the book and pot, but decided instead to halve the recipes and was so glad I did they all turned out fantastic. My first attempt was the seafood soup, so good. I kept on trying new recipes until I decided to give away my mini and purchase a new 6 quart pot. Many of the recipes are easier with available glassware and other inserts that usually only fit the larger pot.
I am very happy with the cookbook.
The list of optional items that are useful when cooking in the instant pot is a great idea to include. I've been using my IP for about 3 years and wasn't aware of some of the newer things that can be used in it.
The recipes I've cooked so far have been winners and are things I would cook again in regular rotation. Looking forward to trying the Osso Buco very soon as the photo looks amazing.
Lastly, this book provides a slew of entrees, sides dishes, and desserts that will answer anyone's question of "what can I bring?" or "what can we serve?" when going to potlucks or hosting dinners. Anybody would love these dishes, not just keto folks. It's real, easy food.