Kettler Kettrike Happy Air Navigator Children's Tricycle, Red
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easily explore with your little one, on a sturdy Kettrike that features an auto-freewheel for comfort and safety.
- Get a worry-free trike, safely travel anywhere with tri-wheel steering navigation and sturdy Komfy-Ride Air tires.
- Go on fun adventures together, explore in style with a tipping rear bucket for hauling and fade-resistant polyester powder coat finish.
- Enjoy years of comfortable rides with adjustable telescoping frame with multiple frame adjustment options.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Kettler HKS Kettrike Air-Navigator & Pushbar
Offering a smooth transition from stroller to trike, the brightly colored Kettler Kettrike Air-Navigator Tricycle includes a parental control steering system that locks handlebars into place for parental guidance when using the optional pushbar. The Auto-Freewheel allows your child to rest his or her feet on the pedals while you guide them with the pushbar.
Using the optional tandem add-on, you can use Air-Navigator for two children.
The three Komfy Ride tires are filled with air (via regular Schrader valves), which give the trike true road gripping traction and responsive maneuvering. The blue bucket seat provides excellent riding comfort, and the sturdy yellow tipping bucket on the back of the trike is great for transporting everything from toys to sand. The frame is made of high carbon steel and has a fade-resistant polyester powder coat finish in brilliant red. This tricycle meets ASTM safety requirements.
- Tri-wheel steering Kettrike navigation system
- Quick-Adjust frame with multiple frame adjustments
- Parental Control steering lock system locks handlebars into place for parental guidance and steering with pushbar
- Auto-Freewheel allows children to rest their feet on the pedals while parents guide them with the optional pushbar
- Komfy-Ride air tires for superior performance, road gripping traction and responsive maneuvering
- Tipping rear bucket sturdy enough to haul even sand
- Tandem adaptable
- Weight limit: 200 lbs. Main "D-Tube" frame is weight tested to 400 lbs.
- Lifetime main frame warranty; three-year parts and components warranty
Safety WarningAdult supervision, required.
Top customer reviews
Since neither Amazon's nor the manufacturer's description makes this clear, here's how it works:
The rear wheel steering is only used when the parent is pushing with the pushbar. You lock the front wheel, unlock the rear wheels, insert the pushbar, and you can steer it from behind. When it's the kids turn to drive, you remove the pushbar, lock the rear wheels, and unlock the front wheel.
Maybe it's just me, but this certainly wasn't clear from anything I'd read online.
In terms of quality, this trike is solid! It's not a flimsy plastic trike by any means. Yes, putting it together is a pain (not as dramatic as some make it seem!) but once together, you needen't worry about it falling apart! The rubber/air tires too are a huge plus, bouncing us on even the roughest terrain!
It's a stylish trike, getting us many looks as we cruise through the neighborhood! I love the primary colors...so happy.
Functionally I love the many options I have with this trike. You are able to lock the steering, which is nice as it gives you control while pushing your child. The pedals don't rotate unless pushed, so no injuries to shins, and an included pushbar is perfect for those unable to reach the pedals, but still wanting a trike of his/her own.
In all fairness I'm including some cons.
The push bar as menitoned does take awhile to get used to, but isn't that tough to master and the handle bar lock sometimes pries "loose". An annoyance, but not a deal breaker.
Final thoughts are to include my son's favorite features: his love of the bucket on the back and the (optional) bell, which is worth the extra few dollars.
The paint has held up and adjusting the seat for leg growth is no problem. We bought the basket in which we had to put a tie clip on it to keep the basket attached without falling has also held up. We also bought the red bell and the paint on that has held up as well and it still works.
If you are looking for a reliable bike, although the price is steep, this bike is worth it!
The air filled tires give this trike a more sturdy feel. The included pushbar, though, feels pretty cheap--I'd expect more from such an expensive trike. But again, overall, I'm happy with the purchase and our 18-month old is enjoying being pushed around the neighborhood on it. The optional footrest is also a decent idea for the little ones who are just getting used to trikes.