Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Price:$147.74+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 659 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 974 reviews
on July 11, 2011
I bought this Keurig after I had coffee at my sister's house. The coffee maker I was using at home was your standard traditional one but I found that I kept wasting coffee and then the grounds would go stale. It wasn't a right fit maker for me. So, I bought this Keurig. The machine seems to take a longer time than my sister's (whose was more expensive) but it's fine. The reservoir on the left is handy because it means you don't have to fill up water every time you make a cup. I find that I need two Keurig cups for a full large mug full of coffee but I knew that going in. All in all, if you drink the occasional cup, or want a variety of flavors, I would recommend this one to you.
22 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
I have had this model for a little over a year and am quite happy with it. It functions well and like any Keurig product is easy to use. I purchased the ecobrew filters since I prefer to grind my own coffee and it is far less expensive. Recently however I was getting very little water despite pushing the button for the larger cup. I had not descaled my machine as I only use water that has come through the Zero Water filter system and the fact that the descale light never came on. I decided to descale anyway and after I did it is back to its normal performance level. Lesson learned - DESCALE AS RECOMMENDED EVEN IF THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON!
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2013
Our company bought a 1st generation Keurig brewer about two years ago. I loved it. It was convenient. It has lasted us this whole time.

I decided to buy a Keurig K-Cup Brewer this year for Christmas. It arrived yesterday,and I am incredibly disappointed and hope this review helps others that are familiar with the original Keurig brewers and this one.

First of all, when I ordered this brewer on Amazon.com, the photo displayed the K45 brewer with three cup sizes and the filter. I paid $119.99 which, at the time of this review, was the going rate for the K45 brewers. I checked on my order status two days after, and all of a sudden, the information just says "Keurig K-Cup Brewer," not K45 Elite, and it shows a photo with two cup sizes. What a bait and switch! The price for the K40 (if you can even still find them) which is what THIS model is is $75-$90 in stores. What a rip off that $119.99 is being charged for the OLD model!

Second, when I brew a small cup of coffee with my work's first generation brewer, it is about 7-8 ounces. When I brew a large cup of coffee with the same brewer, it brews about 10 ounces. This model? I can see the HUNDREDS of dollars we would have to spend on K-cups for this machine. The small size says it brews 5.25 ounces. Let me put that into perspective for you. The average coffee cup holds 8-10 ounces. The small size brews what looks like just at or maybe slightly above 1/2 a cup. Not enough? Brew the large size, and you're only getting 1/4 cup more (2 ounces) in your mug. I looked in my mug (which is about 12 ounces,) and it looked like it only filled slightly above half. What a rip off! Change the model a bit (same model number, but I can tell MUCH has changed!) and brew less coffee? This is why we wanted the one with three cup sizes (again, folks, that's the K45 Elite brewer.)

Third, the quality of the parts in this generation has decreased. The silver plastic handle used to raise and lower the top of the machine is MUCH lighter and thinner plastic. I expect this handle will last, maybe, a year. The reservoir is also made with lighter plastic. I sort of wonder how long this brewer will last in its entirety. I don't know what the K45's plastic is like, but I hope it's better than this.

I haven't decided if it makes financial sense to go through the hassle of returning the brewer to Amazon or just trying to sell it on my own and buying the RIGHT brewer (the one I thought I was buying based on the original photo and information provided by Amazon.)

Long story short: DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE! BUY THE K45 ELITE BREWER WITH THREE CUP SIZES, or you will more than likely spend hundreds of dollars on K-cups.
on September 10, 2013
I bought this model to replace a previous model that died. This is virtually the same thing but without the display that the previous model had.

When I ordered it I just assumed that it would work just like my old one would, but that is not the case. When I push the button to brew a cup there is a slight delay before it actually starts brewing. But what is most annoying is that this unit is much louder than the previous one that I haven't. It is loud enough that I would have sent it back had I not already chunked the box that it came in.

Functionally the thing is fine and it brings great coffee but I really wish that it were quieter.
on March 23, 2012
A friend offered us a cup of decaf after we had been out to dinner with him and his wife. We accepted and enjoyed the coffee made with a Keurig very much. My wife said to me "your birthday is coming up, would you like one of those"?
I looked the product up on the Amazon website and placed the order in just a couple of days.
I received an early birthday present and we really like it.
Today, I received a K-Cup reusable coffee filter from another Amazon order that I placed just about two days ago.
on May 21, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day.

It was a great price and I am very happy with the purchase.

I don't want to say Coffee Maker, because it does so much more, so this machine is great..

It is also quiet. :)

Love it.
on June 17, 2013
What isn't there to love about this machine? It produces cups/mugs of coffee very quickly at a very good temperature to drink. It's simple, straight-forward and makes my morning routine more enjoyable. While this machine does not have to option of serving you coffee in bed, it's just about the next best thing.
on August 20, 2013
This is my second K-Cup brewer. Love the concept, love the variety of brew available. The first one didn't last a year. Hopefully it was a lemon.
5/14 update: Second one is still going. Bought my sister one for Christmas.
5/15 update: Still going strong.
5/16: Still going strong.
4/17: Still going strong.
on May 22, 2013
Not a bad system but it definitely does not make a large cup of coffee. It takes 2 of the large settings to fill my mug. I think the small setting would be for an expresso shot? But it makes a lot less mess that a big coffee pot and it does not take up a lot of room.
on September 28, 2014
Bought this for my sister for her birthday because my other sister and i love ours. She loves it too.