Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 8, 2012
I read a lot of reviews. This item was available at a lower price and as far as I could tell, it differed from the other Keurig K-Cup Replacement in that it was grey and not in the box.

I ordered it based on a review that said it was Keurig stamped on the lid. When it arrived, I discovered that this was indeed the case.

I imagine that this is sold at a discounted price because, like perfumes and colognes, it's an "open box" item... meaning no box and no instructions. Fragrances sold that way have a generic box for shipping but no fancy packaging and sometimes no cap.

The bad reviews I've seen on the replacement filters for the Keurig simply do not apply to this Keurig product... probably because it was made by Keurig, for Keurig and meant to be quality that would instill loyalty.

1) Reviews saying the lid pops off --- NOT on this one... it twists a partial turn and locks in place... there is no "popping" off while brewing.

2) Reviews saying the filter is too porous and even coarse coffee grinds come through --- NOT with this filter... you can see for yourself that the filter is extremely tight... not only in the picture, but also in the package when you see it for yourself. It is obvious by looking that a fine grind will work in this filter, and it has for me. The tightness of the filter allows the water to truly be forced through, as it should be.

3) Reviews saying that the filter is ineffective because the sides are mesh instead of just the bottom --- NOT an issue... and anyone who has used a conventional coffee maker and a permanent filter knows that the filters are mesh on the sides with a plastic bottom to hold the mesh in place and keep its shape. You have to have a frame for the mesh in order to use the mesh as a filter. Common sense. Certainly not an issue here.

4) Reviews saying the filter doesn't seat properly --- READ all the reviews from people answering back on that one telling people to remove the insert in the Keurig that is there to hold the K-Cups in place. They also tell you that the insert holds firmly in place, so while it acts like it is not meant to be removed, that it is made to be removed and you can read that in your Keurig manual or contact the company for that same How-To information. It only makes sense that if the filter takes the place of the K-Cup and it is inserted in the grey filter holder, that you would have to remove the Keurig holder in order to properly seat this 3-piece replacement.

When in doubt, and when without, head to the Keurg website for information and support... but TO REMOVE THE KEURIG K-CUP HOLDER INSERT, the manual tells you to grasp the top while pushing the bottom up from underneath. It's a simple as using one finger to push up. Trying to pull it out will make this far harder than it really is; it pushes out easily. Once the holder is out, you will remark, "Wow! This looks just like the replacement filter holder!" Amazingly simple. Works like a charm.

I waited on a Keurig until there was a KEURIG K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter available... because I knew that if Keurig made one, that it would not be the cheaply made junk that so many people have complained about in their reviews.

5-star real deal.... and mine came from WildWin at a great price and shipped IMMEDIATELY! So now I ordered another for the family.

Enjoy with confidence! I am.

Updated 11DEC2012 in response to questions about the filter:
1) To reseat the original K-Cup holder, take notice of the white triangles/arrows that need to be aligned; then, slip that side's clip in first... it's easier to get it to lock in place due to simple physics... when you try to push down on that side last, then you discover that your force is also trying to close the whole holder/basket.
2) Some people say the coffee basket in this replacement is smaller than the K-cups and holds less coffee -- NO, it does not hold less coffee, even though it is smaller than the K-cups... the reason is easily apparent if you take a K-cup apart. Inside of a K-cup is a small paper filter that is "glued" to the top; once removed, you'll realize that it does NOT extend to the bottom... and in fact, holds the same amount of coffee as the replacement filter cup.
3) People comment that the filter should only have a mesh bottom like the K-cups -- this is incorrect because, again, upon opening a K-cup, you'll find a full paper filter, so the coffee only drains from the bottom of the plastic cup... and the plastic cup is there to keep the coffee fresh -- how else could you mimic a paper filter with coffee in a traditional pot, in a single serving, AND keep it fresh??
4) People comment that the coffee grinds spill over -- impossible with the Keurig replacement because the rim of the coffee filter sit ON TOP of the rim of the lower holder AND the top cap locks over top of both rims. Once the replacement holder is in the Keurig, you lower the handle and the water "needle" inserts into the opening and seals against the holder, in the very same manner as it does with K-cups.

Again, for those with comments that differ... make sure 1) you're using it properly and 2) that you're using a Keurig. This product matches up PERFECTLY for the Keurig because it's made and been tested by Keurig... and it's worked perfectly for me.
3434 comments| 346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2015
First, I did not realize that this was coming from the other side of the world and would take 4-6 weeks to deliver. It took 4.
Then, the lids on both canisters broke the first time they were used as the hole was too small to clear the puncture needle and the coffee maker. It was a huge mess and the units were just too cheap and took too much time to bother with returning or asking for money back. Better to simply warn others to stay away.
on January 3, 2013
I really like coffee but I don't think I'm a coffee snob. I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks.

I received my single cup Keurig brewer for Christmas and was concerned that I would not be able to use the four pounds of coffee in my cupboard. The Keurig My K-cup had such rave reviews that I had to try it and seeing it was from the manufacturer how could I go wrong? I ordered this and was a little confused because I thought it would be 1) fill with coffee 2) insert in place of K-cup. Okay - so I had to remove the original K-cup holder in order for this to fit. I did so and tried it.
The coffee tastes as good as it did in the drip coffee maker and it saves a lot of money. It won't replace K-cups totally for me because I will open and use one bag of coffee at a time until it's done. K-cups still let me have several kinds of coffee a day.

Why four and not five stars? Because Keurig could have inserted a little instruction sheet reminding morons like me to remove the cup holder first so the replacement will fit in.
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2016
I wish I had noticed that the thing was being shipped from China, I would have gladly chosen another Amazon merchant. It took a month from the date of order to date of delivery.
I was happy to notice a Keurig box after removing the wrapping from the package, but after opening that box, I was a bit puzzled.
The missing Keurig markings on the housing and reusable fliter makes me question if it is indeed a Keurig brand Replacement Coffee filter and housing or just a cheap knock off stuck in a Keurig box.
I have used it to make about a dozen cups of 'coffee' today. I used the word 'coffee' loosely because so far, it has only produced brown water.
I have tried sliding the ring down from the needle so it fits flush next to the top of the filter housing. I have tried adjusting the amount of grounds and the type of grounds. I have tried using with a paper filter, using it without a paper filter, using an old plastic kcup over the reusable one, and about every other suggestion I've seen in the comments section to no avail. I have also tried using it with & without the housing lid . Clear water still comes out at the sides along with a very weak stream of coffee in the middle.
Before anyone asks, yes I remove the original insert before placing this one in the machine. This wouldn't have fit in my Keurig mini if I hadn't of done so before trying to use it.
About the only good thing about this purchase is that I'm only out $3.74.
on April 28, 2017
Can't speak as to longevity yet, but it seems to work for what I need it for, and I imagine it will last longer for me than most since I'm not opening it nearly as much. I drink hot tea at work, and use the office B60 Keurig as a hot water dispenser. Usually it contaminates the water with whatever flavors have been brewed through the machine in the past making my tea less than pleasant (even after running a flush cycle). Now I just pull out the standard cup holder, throw this in, and hit brew... The water comes out hot and untainted.
on January 6, 2014
This is the official Keurig My K-Cup filter, and it allows one to use his or her own coffee instead of spending around 50cents for each K-Cup. It definitely serves its purpose, and the price is much better on Amazon than elsewhere. There are a couple of design flaws with this accessory though. The indention on the top sometimes prevents a good seal from being formed by the Keurig, and this allows some water get on the outside of the K-Cup. It is also a mess to clean up, but dumping it straight into the sink seems to make it a little less messy.

Update: After prolonged use of this product, I can say that there is definitely an issue with coffee grind getting into my cups when using a fine ground. Since this is what we typically use, it is a major drawback, but given how much cheaper it is to use this compared to K-cups, it is an inconvenience I can deal with (but something to keep in mind for any prospective buyers).
on November 6, 2016
The place I worked for at the time I bought this was kind enough to provide us with coffee. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was scraped off the ground as a bad restaurant. It was awful stuff.

They also had a Keurig, but those little K-cups are so expensive, and they create so much waste. Considering I drink coffee by the pot, I was pretty sure I I could fill a landfill myself on those disposable K-cups.

I found and ordered this reusable cup so I could have something other than rot-gut free coffee. I'm glad that I read previous revies and came prepared.

Whomever designed this cup didn't take into account how the Keurig actually brews coffee. Used in it's current state, the water just flows over the grounds and you end up with vaguely coffee flavored water. That's not going to keep me from being crabby.

Because I read previous reviews, I was prepared. You have to take a previously used K-cup, peel the top off and cut out the bottom (wash it too) and insert the now plastic ring into the mesh of this K-cup. Now you will get real coffee, and not coffee-tea.

If it weren't for the needed modification, I would have given it 5 stars. Unfortunately, it needs a redesign.
on January 30, 2015
I bought this for my keurig coffee maker because my husband drinks so much coffee through out the day that we were going through so many of the kcup pods and it was getting costly. So we have gotten this once before but my kdis through it away by accident so we needed a new one after using this exact on for years I knew I wanted the same one again. I love this one so much because it fits great in my machine. The filter does not let the coffee grins to go througn. The pieces are very easy to wash and mantain. The plastic is sturdy. This gives u the option to use any coffee and flavor that your personally love. I suggest anyone looking for keurig cup for regular coffee to get this one! I know I love mine.
on February 10, 2016
This is my second time ordered. I reached back on my past purchased and re-ordered. The 1st order seemed to function, however the most recent order turned out to be, a cheap Knock-Off. The lids fits tight only on because of a slight "interference fit of the "Inside Diameter" of the Cap to "Outside Diameter" with the bottom cup. This item when properly manufacture is suppose force and create a pressure brewed coffee. A correctly manufacture assembly... The lids 3 radial circular incline planes are suppose to engage the bodies 3 incline slots "In a twisting rotation, creating a compression "seal" of the lid's slightly "raised" impingement circular ring and compress the filters upper circular lip against the bottom cup circualr sealing surface, which while turning the lid in a counter clock wise direction. With out this seal the coffee and water spews, overflowing the hot water from the coffee makers pressured water out through non sealed area at the junction of the intended sealing surfaces of these points of sealing. Results show leakage on the outside of the bottom cup. The faulty seal allows an abundance of "Coffee Fines" to drip into the operators cup of coffee. Even on a properly manufactured cup assembly while considering all 3 components (Lid, The Filter's Flanged Lip and sealing sealing surface of the bottom cup, is prone to erosion or what we engineers describe as "Set" and through normal usage will eventually relax the compression and allow leakage, forcing the user to purchase new replacements. In this case as it is with my last order not a single one of these assemble cups functions as the one would assume the manufacture of the coffee maker intended. So buyers beware. Only if these intricate cup's assembled components are manufactured, tested and sampled for and inspected to ensure proper "Fit Form and Function" by a reliable manufacture who assures compliance to World Class Manufacturing Standards (3 Parts or incidences per million parts) Can the consumer be assured that what their about to purchase will work and function as the OEM intended. The assembled package of cups, lids, and filters I received, were a huge disappointment, a waste of my time and money. I advise buyers to ensure your purchasing Kurigs products and or stick with the the "K" cups if you desire a great cup of coffee. What I received was obviously a Cheap Knock Off. I am somewhat surprised that Amazon apparently does not ensure that when ordering from my past order listings on my account, that have allowed look alike components instead of assuring the customer receive the exact same product manufactured by the maker of the previous purchase. Amazon may have slipped up on this one, or they assume all "look alikes" will function.
on December 24, 2015
Like most generic products, this one leaves a little to be desired. I have noted in the reviews that some folks have received a 'genuine' Keurig replacement, while others have not (apparently...because who knows what is really 'genuine'...??). Anyway, mine is not stamped with the Keurig name. I HAVE used it quite a bit though and I have to say that it is not ALL bad.

It apparently differs slightly from the original one because it is slightly different in overall height. The lid does not close with the same force as the original one either. The stainless basket seems to be fine, although it too is slightly different in appearance. So... How does it work.?? Glad you asked. I first tried it with just the basket after removing the original K-cup holder from my machine. It fell into place and brewed an acceptable cup of coffee. No, it did not leak. I then tried it with the addition of a paper filter basket inside the stainless basket. This too worked okay. No, it did not leak. I have since used it many times and have found it to be an acceptable substitute.... AS LONG AS YOU ARE CAREFUL WHEN USING IT.

I think it is probably best for anyone who is contemplating this item to first self-evaluate honestly. If you are always in a hurry, or can't stand anything to be a little 'tricky', or just demand perfection and ease of use.... Then this item is probably not for you.

I have found this K-cup set to be 'Okay'. It is NOT perfect, but it works... at least for me. Would I buy it again... Probably.. (maybe..??)