Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,674 reviews
on December 8, 2012
I read a lot of reviews. This item was available at a lower price and as far as I could tell, it differed from the other Keurig K-Cup Replacement in that it was grey and not in the box.

I ordered it based on a review that said it was Keurig stamped on the lid. When it arrived, I discovered that this was indeed the case.

I imagine that this is sold at a discounted price because, like perfumes and colognes, it's an "open box" item... meaning no box and no instructions. Fragrances sold that way have a generic box for shipping but no fancy packaging and sometimes no cap.

The bad reviews I've seen on the replacement filters for the Keurig simply do not apply to this Keurig product... probably because it was made by Keurig, for Keurig and meant to be quality that would instill loyalty.

1) Reviews saying the lid pops off --- NOT on this one... it twists a partial turn and locks in place... there is no "popping" off while brewing.

2) Reviews saying the filter is too porous and even coarse coffee grinds come through --- NOT with this filter... you can see for yourself that the filter is extremely tight... not only in the picture, but also in the package when you see it for yourself. It is obvious by looking that a fine grind will work in this filter, and it has for me. The tightness of the filter allows the water to truly be forced through, as it should be.

3) Reviews saying that the filter is ineffective because the sides are mesh instead of just the bottom --- NOT an issue... and anyone who has used a conventional coffee maker and a permanent filter knows that the filters are mesh on the sides with a plastic bottom to hold the mesh in place and keep its shape. You have to have a frame for the mesh in order to use the mesh as a filter. Common sense. Certainly not an issue here.

4) Reviews saying the filter doesn't seat properly --- READ all the reviews from people answering back on that one telling people to remove the insert in the Keurig that is there to hold the K-Cups in place. They also tell you that the insert holds firmly in place, so while it acts like it is not meant to be removed, that it is made to be removed and you can read that in your Keurig manual or contact the company for that same How-To information. It only makes sense that if the filter takes the place of the K-Cup and it is inserted in the grey filter holder, that you would have to remove the Keurig holder in order to properly seat this 3-piece replacement.

When in doubt, and when without, head to the Keurg website for information and support... but TO REMOVE THE KEURIG K-CUP HOLDER INSERT, the manual tells you to grasp the top while pushing the bottom up from underneath. It's a simple as using one finger to push up. Trying to pull it out will make this far harder than it really is; it pushes out easily. Once the holder is out, you will remark, "Wow! This looks just like the replacement filter holder!" Amazingly simple. Works like a charm.

I waited on a Keurig until there was a KEURIG K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter available... because I knew that if Keurig made one, that it would not be the cheaply made junk that so many people have complained about in their reviews.

5-star real deal.... and mine came from WildWin at a great price and shipped IMMEDIATELY! So now I ordered another for the family.

Enjoy with confidence! I am.

Updated 11DEC2012 in response to questions about the filter:
1) To reseat the original K-Cup holder, take notice of the white triangles/arrows that need to be aligned; then, slip that side's clip in first... it's easier to get it to lock in place due to simple physics... when you try to push down on that side last, then you discover that your force is also trying to close the whole holder/basket.
2) Some people say the coffee basket in this replacement is smaller than the K-cups and holds less coffee -- NO, it does not hold less coffee, even though it is smaller than the K-cups... the reason is easily apparent if you take a K-cup apart. Inside of a K-cup is a small paper filter that is "glued" to the top; once removed, you'll realize that it does NOT extend to the bottom... and in fact, holds the same amount of coffee as the replacement filter cup.
3) People comment that the filter should only have a mesh bottom like the K-cups -- this is incorrect because, again, upon opening a K-cup, you'll find a full paper filter, so the coffee only drains from the bottom of the plastic cup... and the plastic cup is there to keep the coffee fresh -- how else could you mimic a paper filter with coffee in a traditional pot, in a single serving, AND keep it fresh??
4) People comment that the coffee grinds spill over -- impossible with the Keurig replacement because the rim of the coffee filter sit ON TOP of the rim of the lower holder AND the top cap locks over top of both rims. Once the replacement holder is in the Keurig, you lower the handle and the water "needle" inserts into the opening and seals against the holder, in the very same manner as it does with K-cups.

Again, for those with comments that differ... make sure 1) you're using it properly and 2) that you're using a Keurig. This product matches up PERFECTLY for the Keurig because it's made and been tested by Keurig... and it's worked perfectly for me.
3434 comments| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2016
Don't be fooled, this isn't the real thing. It is made of a lower grade plastic (which has a lighter color and a distinct plastic/chemical scent that doesn't go away, even after washing). In fact it taints the flavor of the coffee. Additionally, I bought the real thing and compared the two and it's like I brewed two different coffees altogether. One is a New Mexican Pine Nut light roast and the other is a nice New Inflatable Swimming Pool blend. There's also a difference in the mesh liners between this version and the real thing (the real one has a finer mesh, which helps get more flavor out of the coffee - this one has a more coarse mesh which lets the water pass through more easily). So don't waste your time or money, unless you like the taste of plastic and carcinogens. In which case this is awesome.
on December 27, 2015
We tried this set once and were disappointed; it makes a weak cup of coffee that is nowhere near as good as if you use the regular K-cups; HOWEVER, thanks to some of the other reviewers' suggestions, we tried this hack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCbRTPzTl0; basically inserting a used and modified K-cup in addition to the filter that comes with this set) and it actually works pretty well (or well enough that we'll keep using this filter set with the hack).

The reason, as explained in the video is that the hole on the bottom of this set is very large which means that the hot water doesn't have a lot of resistance and simply pours through the coffee and filter without much time to "brew"; however, if you stick a used/modified K-cup into the container before you insert the filter, it slows down the water/pouring process and makes a better cup of coffee.
on May 22, 2015
After reading reviews that are positive as well as negative, it seems clear to me that Amazon's grouping of multiple vendors available to but this product is in error. I believe many of of these work fine... and some are different and don't. I bought from Modern Home Products. It arrived on time - there were no problems with the order process. It was gray and looked very similar to those in the pictures. But it did not have the Keurig stamp on it and had a brand name of GoldTone. Upon using the filter this morning, I found it will not work with my Keurig B40. Upon installation, you are instructed to pull the rubber grommet on the pin that normally punctures a K-cup pod down towards the end of the pin so that it creates a seal with the My K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter. However the location where this grommet meets the lid on the My K-Cup is bowl shaped and doesn't create an adequate seal. When I look at other pictures, this part on the lid of the My K-Cup is flat. Without this proper seal, water and some grounds flow outside the My K-Cup making a mess and not a good cup of coffee.

Bottom line - a waste of time. AMAZON - you need to review what these various vendors are selling and ensure they are identical as this one is clearly not!
on November 22, 2015
First, I did not realize that this was coming from the other side of the world and would take 4-6 weeks to deliver. It took 4.
Then, the lids on both canisters broke the first time they were used as the hole was too small to clear the puncture needle and the coffee maker. It was a huge mess and the units were just too cheap and took too much time to bother with returning or asking for money back. Better to simply warn others to stay away.
on January 3, 2013
I really like coffee but I don't think I'm a coffee snob. I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks.

I received my single cup Keurig brewer for Christmas and was concerned that I would not be able to use the four pounds of coffee in my cupboard. The Keurig My K-cup had such rave reviews that I had to try it and seeing it was from the manufacturer how could I go wrong? I ordered this and was a little confused because I thought it would be 1) fill with coffee 2) insert in place of K-cup. Okay - so I had to remove the original K-cup holder in order for this to fit. I did so and tried it.
The coffee tastes as good as it did in the drip coffee maker and it saves a lot of money. It won't replace K-cups totally for me because I will open and use one bag of coffee at a time until it's done. K-cups still let me have several kinds of coffee a day.

Why four and not five stars? Because Keurig could have inserted a little instruction sheet reminding morons like me to remove the cup holder first so the replacement will fit in.
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2016
I wish I had noticed that the thing was being shipped from China, I would have gladly chosen another Amazon merchant. It took a month from the date of order to date of delivery.
I was happy to notice a Keurig box after removing the wrapping from the package, but after opening that box, I was a bit puzzled.
The missing Keurig markings on the housing and reusable fliter makes me question if it is indeed a Keurig brand Replacement Coffee filter and housing or just a cheap knock off stuck in a Keurig box.
I have used it to make about a dozen cups of 'coffee' today. I used the word 'coffee' loosely because so far, it has only produced brown water.
I have tried sliding the ring down from the needle so it fits flush next to the top of the filter housing. I have tried adjusting the amount of grounds and the type of grounds. I have tried using with a paper filter, using it without a paper filter, using an old plastic kcup over the reusable one, and about every other suggestion I've seen in the comments section to no avail. I have also tried using it with & without the housing lid . Clear water still comes out at the sides along with a very weak stream of coffee in the middle.
Before anyone asks, yes I remove the original insert before placing this one in the machine. This wouldn't have fit in my Keurig mini if I hadn't of done so before trying to use it.
About the only good thing about this purchase is that I'm only out $3.74.
on April 28, 2017
Can't speak as to longevity yet, but it seems to work for what I need it for, and I imagine it will last longer for me than most since I'm not opening it nearly as much. I drink hot tea at work, and use the office B60 Keurig as a hot water dispenser. Usually it contaminates the water with whatever flavors have been brewed through the machine in the past making my tea less than pleasant (even after running a flush cycle). Now I just pull out the standard cup holder, throw this in, and hit brew... The water comes out hot and untainted.
on January 6, 2014
This is the official Keurig My K-Cup filter, and it allows one to use his or her own coffee instead of spending around 50cents for each K-Cup. It definitely serves its purpose, and the price is much better on Amazon than elsewhere. There are a couple of design flaws with this accessory though. The indention on the top sometimes prevents a good seal from being formed by the Keurig, and this allows some water get on the outside of the K-Cup. It is also a mess to clean up, but dumping it straight into the sink seems to make it a little less messy.

Update: After prolonged use of this product, I can say that there is definitely an issue with coffee grind getting into my cups when using a fine ground. Since this is what we typically use, it is a major drawback, but given how much cheaper it is to use this compared to K-cups, it is an inconvenience I can deal with (but something to keep in mind for any prospective buyers).
on November 6, 2016
The place I worked for at the time I bought this was kind enough to provide us with coffee. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was scraped off the ground as a bad restaurant. It was awful stuff.

They also had a Keurig, but those little K-cups are so expensive, and they create so much waste. Considering I drink coffee by the pot, I was pretty sure I I could fill a landfill myself on those disposable K-cups.

I found and ordered this reusable cup so I could have something other than rot-gut free coffee. I'm glad that I read previous revies and came prepared.

Whomever designed this cup didn't take into account how the Keurig actually brews coffee. Used in it's current state, the water just flows over the grounds and you end up with vaguely coffee flavored water. That's not going to keep me from being crabby.

Because I read previous reviews, I was prepared. You have to take a previously used K-cup, peel the top off and cut out the bottom (wash it too) and insert the now plastic ring into the mesh of this K-cup. Now you will get real coffee, and not coffee-tea.

If it weren't for the needed modification, I would have given it 5 stars. Unfortunately, it needs a redesign.