Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on December 8, 2012
I read a lot of reviews. This item was available at a lower price and as far as I could tell, it differed from the other Keurig K-Cup Replacement in that it was grey and not in the box.

I ordered it based on a review that said it was Keurig stamped on the lid. When it arrived, I discovered that this was indeed the case.

I imagine that this is sold at a discounted price because, like perfumes and colognes, it's an "open box" item... meaning no box and no instructions. Fragrances sold that way have a generic box for shipping but no fancy packaging and sometimes no cap.

The bad reviews I've seen on the replacement filters for the Keurig simply do not apply to this Keurig product... probably because it was made by Keurig, for Keurig and meant to be quality that would instill loyalty.

1) Reviews saying the lid pops off --- NOT on this one... it twists a partial turn and locks in place... there is no "popping" off while brewing.

2) Reviews saying the filter is too porous and even coarse coffee grinds come through --- NOT with this filter... you can see for yourself that the filter is extremely tight... not only in the picture, but also in the package when you see it for yourself. It is obvious by looking that a fine grind will work in this filter, and it has for me. The tightness of the filter allows the water to truly be forced through, as it should be.

3) Reviews saying that the filter is ineffective because the sides are mesh instead of just the bottom --- NOT an issue... and anyone who has used a conventional coffee maker and a permanent filter knows that the filters are mesh on the sides with a plastic bottom to hold the mesh in place and keep its shape. You have to have a frame for the mesh in order to use the mesh as a filter. Common sense. Certainly not an issue here.

4) Reviews saying the filter doesn't seat properly --- READ all the reviews from people answering back on that one telling people to remove the insert in the Keurig that is there to hold the K-Cups in place. They also tell you that the insert holds firmly in place, so while it acts like it is not meant to be removed, that it is made to be removed and you can read that in your Keurig manual or contact the company for that same How-To information. It only makes sense that if the filter takes the place of the K-Cup and it is inserted in the grey filter holder, that you would have to remove the Keurig holder in order to properly seat this 3-piece replacement.

When in doubt, and when without, head to the Keurg website for information and support... but TO REMOVE THE KEURIG K-CUP HOLDER INSERT, the manual tells you to grasp the top while pushing the bottom up from underneath. It's a simple as using one finger to push up. Trying to pull it out will make this far harder than it really is; it pushes out easily. Once the holder is out, you will remark, "Wow! This looks just like the replacement filter holder!" Amazingly simple. Works like a charm.

I waited on a Keurig until there was a KEURIG K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter available... because I knew that if Keurig made one, that it would not be the cheaply made junk that so many people have complained about in their reviews.

5-star real deal.... and mine came from WildWin at a great price and shipped IMMEDIATELY! So now I ordered another for the family.

Enjoy with confidence! I am.

Updated 11DEC2012 in response to questions about the filter:
1) To reseat the original K-Cup holder, take notice of the white triangles/arrows that need to be aligned; then, slip that side's clip in first... it's easier to get it to lock in place due to simple physics... when you try to push down on that side last, then you discover that your force is also trying to close the whole holder/basket.
2) Some people say the coffee basket in this replacement is smaller than the K-cups and holds less coffee -- NO, it does not hold less coffee, even though it is smaller than the K-cups... the reason is easily apparent if you take a K-cup apart. Inside of a K-cup is a small paper filter that is "glued" to the top; once removed, you'll realize that it does NOT extend to the bottom... and in fact, holds the same amount of coffee as the replacement filter cup.
3) People comment that the filter should only have a mesh bottom like the K-cups -- this is incorrect because, again, upon opening a K-cup, you'll find a full paper filter, so the coffee only drains from the bottom of the plastic cup... and the plastic cup is there to keep the coffee fresh -- how else could you mimic a paper filter with coffee in a traditional pot, in a single serving, AND keep it fresh??
4) People comment that the coffee grinds spill over -- impossible with the Keurig replacement because the rim of the coffee filter sit ON TOP of the rim of the lower holder AND the top cap locks over top of both rims. Once the replacement holder is in the Keurig, you lower the handle and the water "needle" inserts into the opening and seals against the holder, in the very same manner as it does with K-cups.

Again, for those with comments that differ... make sure 1) you're using it properly and 2) that you're using a Keurig. This product matches up PERFECTLY for the Keurig because it's made and been tested by Keurig... and it's worked perfectly for me.
3434 comments| 350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2016
The place I worked for at the time I bought this was kind enough to provide us with coffee. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was scraped off the ground as a bad restaurant. It was awful stuff.

They also had a Keurig, but those little K-cups are so expensive, and they create so much waste. Considering I drink coffee by the pot, I was pretty sure I I could fill a landfill myself on those disposable K-cups.

I found and ordered this reusable cup so I could have something other than rot-gut free coffee. I'm glad that I read previous revies and came prepared.

Whomever designed this cup didn't take into account how the Keurig actually brews coffee. Used in it's current state, the water just flows over the grounds and you end up with vaguely coffee flavored water. That's not going to keep me from being crabby.

Because I read previous reviews, I was prepared. You have to take a previously used K-cup, peel the top off and cut out the bottom (wash it too) and insert the now plastic ring into the mesh of this K-cup. Now you will get real coffee, and not coffee-tea.

If it weren't for the needed modification, I would have given it 5 stars. Unfortunately, it needs a redesign.
on December 24, 2015
Like most generic products, this one leaves a little to be desired. I have noted in the reviews that some folks have received a 'genuine' Keurig replacement, while others have not (apparently...because who knows what is really 'genuine'...??). Anyway, mine is not stamped with the Keurig name. I HAVE used it quite a bit though and I have to say that it is not ALL bad.

It apparently differs slightly from the original one because it is slightly different in overall height. The lid does not close with the same force as the original one either. The stainless basket seems to be fine, although it too is slightly different in appearance. So... How does it work.?? Glad you asked. I first tried it with just the basket after removing the original K-cup holder from my machine. It fell into place and brewed an acceptable cup of coffee. No, it did not leak. I then tried it with the addition of a paper filter basket inside the stainless basket. This too worked okay. No, it did not leak. I have since used it many times and have found it to be an acceptable substitute.... AS LONG AS YOU ARE CAREFUL WHEN USING IT.

I think it is probably best for anyone who is contemplating this item to first self-evaluate honestly. If you are always in a hurry, or can't stand anything to be a little 'tricky', or just demand perfection and ease of use.... Then this item is probably not for you.

I have found this K-cup set to be 'Okay'. It is NOT perfect, but it works... at least for me. Would I buy it again... Probably.. (maybe..??)
on February 10, 2016
This is my second time ordered. I reached back on my past purchased and re-ordered. The 1st order seemed to function, however the most recent order turned out to be, a cheap Knock-Off. The lids fits tight only on because of a slight "interference fit of the "Inside Diameter" of the Cap to "Outside Diameter" with the bottom cup. This item when properly manufacture is suppose force and create a pressure brewed coffee. A correctly manufacture assembly... The lids 3 radial circular incline planes are suppose to engage the bodies 3 incline slots "In a twisting rotation, creating a compression "seal" of the lid's slightly "raised" impingement circular ring and compress the filters upper circular lip against the bottom cup circualr sealing surface, which while turning the lid in a counter clock wise direction. With out this seal the coffee and water spews, overflowing the hot water from the coffee makers pressured water out through non sealed area at the junction of the intended sealing surfaces of these points of sealing. Results show leakage on the outside of the bottom cup. The faulty seal allows an abundance of "Coffee Fines" to drip into the operators cup of coffee. Even on a properly manufactured cup assembly while considering all 3 components (Lid, The Filter's Flanged Lip and sealing sealing surface of the bottom cup, is prone to erosion or what we engineers describe as "Set" and through normal usage will eventually relax the compression and allow leakage, forcing the user to purchase new replacements. In this case as it is with my last order not a single one of these assemble cups functions as the one would assume the manufacture of the coffee maker intended. So buyers beware. Only if these intricate cup's assembled components are manufactured, tested and sampled for and inspected to ensure proper "Fit Form and Function" by a reliable manufacture who assures compliance to World Class Manufacturing Standards (3 Parts or incidences per million parts) Can the consumer be assured that what their about to purchase will work and function as the OEM intended. The assembled package of cups, lids, and filters I received, were a huge disappointment, a waste of my time and money. I advise buyers to ensure your purchasing Kurigs products and or stick with the the "K" cups if you desire a great cup of coffee. What I received was obviously a Cheap Knock Off. I am somewhat surprised that Amazon apparently does not ensure that when ordering from my past order listings on my account, that have allowed look alike components instead of assuring the customer receive the exact same product manufactured by the maker of the previous purchase. Amazon may have slipped up on this one, or they assume all "look alikes" will function.
on August 22, 2013
This is for Keurig pod type single serve coffee makers. I originally went to Keurig's site. I was prepared to buy, I don't remember exactly what happened, but I think I'd spoken with a rep who got me as a matter of proportion, more fired up than happy with my shopping experience. Best I can recall, at Keurigs Customer Service, I was told that ONLY authorized Keurig parts would work, Nothing else. You can't get 'em anywhere else. (Well, what do you expect them to say, right? Especially for what they were charging. Right around $20.00 I think it was.)

The manual that came with my Keurig coffee maker that this replacement/accessory works with just fine, was incomplete in content and confusing. That's why I actually called Keurig to speak to a rep for assistance. Didn't work out too good. If you've ever contacted Keurig and your experience with Keurig customer Service went like mine, maybe you too wonder if they're fully staffed with rude, incompetent people who don't receive much pay so they talk to customers with an attitude of assumption that they're talking to complete idiots. Maybe that's how they're trained. There's a lot of that out there. I don't know. Either way, I was told no one else had this part. I checked at Amazon, found out the rep was misinformed, pretty ignorant, OR she just plain told a fib. An outright lie.

As, as it turns out this works just fine despite what you MIGHT possibly be told if you were to go to the Official one and only, ain't no - other -way authorized Keurig Dealer. You have options. This is one. This works with the units designated for it to work with and SOME earlier releases of the same machine that NOW go by different numbers.

As for Keurig, scr*w 'em as a monopoly. This K-cup replacement coffee filter set works with the unit it says it will work with and possibly some others. You might want to contact the seller to confirm. The coffee maker I have was assigned the number B40 from a different number. The box I received that my coffeee maker came in bears the old call number but it's the EXACT same machine. They just changed the number for some reason. I contacted the seller who told me about the change and that this WOULD fit. It does what it's supposed to do.

Sorry about the repetitiveness of some statements, but this rough draft is done. I think you'll get the idea.l
on June 5, 2014
This works amazingly well to make herbal tea. I bought some Keurig tea k-cups and was disappointed to find they didn't have any tea leaves in them. So I used my own. I usually steep my tea so wasn't sure how this would work. It is fast and plenty strong enough. You could easily make two cups. I also use a little filter around the outside of the strainer. (Melitta JavaJig Coffee Filters) I bought them at the grocery store although Walmart has them much more inexpensive ($2.78 for 60) Amazon has them but MUCH higher in price. To use this filter set you have to remove the existing cup holder but it pops out easily. Just watch for the cutter. You turn this filter basket upside down, put a filter over it (optional but I use it), then put it in the plastic holder. Then you fill the filter basket with tea leaves or coffee or whatever, screw on the top and drop it in the keurig. There is nothing to puncture it just sets in there. Close the Keurig and press brew. Easy. The first time I used it I didn't understand you had to pop out the original plastic filter holder and only popped this filter basket in it. Well, that left coffee grounds all over so I looked up how to use it. Now I love it!
on April 18, 2015
I can detect no difference in appearance or performance between this product (of which I purchased three) and the original "My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter" which served me well for more than one year (and which would still be doing so if you could buy a replacement mesh basket). Each of the three filter sets I purchased was packaged in a transparent plastic bag with no branding or other identifying or instructional material. The set now in use performs as well as the original Keurig-branded product.

The mesh basket will at some point accumulate enough residue or scale to prevent adequate dispensing, and with this inexpensive option (about half the Amazon price for the same set in a Keurig package) it may be prudent to buy more than one at a time. You may prolong the useful life of the basket by occasionally soaking it in vinegar.
on April 28, 2017
Can't speak as to longevity yet, but it seems to work for what I need it for, and I imagine it will last longer for me than most since I'm not opening it nearly as much. I drink hot tea at work, and use the office B60 Keurig as a hot water dispenser. Usually it contaminates the water with whatever flavors have been brewed through the machine in the past making my tea less than pleasant (even after running a flush cycle). Now I just pull out the standard cup holder, throw this in, and hit brew... The water comes out hot and untainted.
on July 15, 2016
After owning and using this K-cup coffee filter set for about a week. I can honestly say I don't believe it is a original Keurig product. It may be a copy cat that can substitute will for the original but I don't it was made my Keurig. The plastic is a little less sturdy and feels like it can break. While this may not be a actual Keurig product, the filter housing is super cheap under $3. So that really isn't such a deal breaker for the housing. I give it 3 because it isn't as strong feeling but it still works and I have made at least 2 cups a day for over 7 days now.
on July 15, 2016
This is a good K-Cup refillable cup. We had some from somewhere else that fell apart and this one did not do that. We love having these because we can just fill them with our favorite coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. It is great because if our favorite coffee, tea, or hot chocolate does not have K-Cups we can still enjoy our favorite hot drinks and they are ready very quickly. We love have our Keurig machine, but the K-Cups are expensive, so this helps save us money as well. It is easy to clean and get ready for the next day as well. I would recommend this to anyone with a Keurig machine.