Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,984 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,407 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
This is the fourth Keurig I've purchased and with each purchase the quality of the machine has deteriorated. I first bought one in 2007 for my small NYC office. About 15 people used it several times a day and it worked beautifully! We loved the ability for each of us to have the kind of coffee or tea, or even hot chocolate, that we preferred. When that machine wore out after about 4 years I felt that I had gotten more than my money's worth from it.

In 2008 I bought a similar machine for my home. It was as great as the one I had in my office. That one was used by the family, also several times a day, for about three years. When it broke I bought another just like the one we had. At that point, around 2010, I noticed that this third machine was not as well made as the first two. It had more plastic parts and splashed a lot of coffee outside of the cup as it filled. And it actually had a note in the box that said something like, "There will be splashing as your cup fills and that's normal." In other words, this is a design flaw and customers should just deal with it. (This problem did not happen with the previous machine.)

That pot broke and I just tossed it and started to use my old, reliable Melitta Grind and Brew, which I've had forever and it works great. But I have to brew a whole pot of coffee when I often just want one cup. So a few weeks ago I ordered another Keurig, more or less the same model I always had, from Amazon. Well, the product is even more cheaply made -- and for no reduction in price. This one broke yesterday after just a couple of weeks of use. And I should say that there are only two of us in the household now, so it didn't get heavy use and it was properly cared for.

Of course, I had just thrown out the box that it came in a couple of days previous, so now I have to come up with a box, pack the thing and return it. It's still under warranty, but the hassle of dealing with the return is just not worth all the trouble.

I suspect that Keurig got popular, then got greedy, and started making its coffee machines more cheaply in order to increase profits. So sad, because it really was an incredibly great coffee system. But I will not be buying another.
5150+ comments| 1,924 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2015
We finally made the leap and bought a Keurig for our downstairs studio. Have set up a kind of coffee bar in our mini-kitchenette so we can have an afternoon cup of coffee without making a whole pot in our regular coffeemaker upstairs. Especially nice for a hot chocolate or spiced cider. We set up baskets with various drink types. Since our guest bedroom is downstairs too it's handy if we have overnight company so they can help themselves to whatever they fancy.
Really like the blue color. It's somewhere between a sapphire and navy. I like the pull out tray feature so my travel mug fits nicely if I want to make a coffee to go. It has also filled in as a back-up for our upstairs coffeemaker when it quit as we waited for a replacement.
on June 17, 2015
A replacement for the Keurig that went bad in less than a year.

The return policy for keurig is less than optimal. The issue with my Keurig was that water was stuck in the interior reservoir and cannot be removed (per Keurig's troubleshooting expert) so sending it back was an issue to the post office as there was liquid in the machine. You cannot shake the water out, hold it upside down -- nothing!! There is a gasket that completely seals until the machine is powered on. My machine would not power on and Keurig will not replace a machine unless it is returned to them. Bah!!

I thought about going up a few models and spending more money but thought I would give this basic model one more time, I'm rather curious if these machines sold here on Amazon are leftovers from the basic models made -- and perhaps are factory "seconds" Who knows?

This model has issues already -- the k-cups do not seat properly at times and brewed coffee and water spray out randomly. It just happens when it feels like it, despite carefully positioning. I'm disappointed but will see this machine out as long as possible -- I have more than 400 K cups to use up!
on August 11, 2015
I have been using this a couple weeks now. I read many review and people complained about the noise it makes. What the didn't say is the first noise is nothing more that a minute of the water boiling before dispensing it thru the pod and into the cup. Yes, it is a boiling noise and is not annoying. The second sound heard is when all the water is finished processing and a small burst of air is shot to clear it passageway. If some of these people would read what is send along with the product they just might understand. Also, the boiling water sound is very short in duration and I am glad I can hear it. It confirms that everything is working as it should. The burst of air isn't loud at all and I am happy to hear that too. It is letting me know my brew is ready to be enjoyed. Complainers: touchy, touchy, touchy ! Find something else to do other than complain about everything and have a happy day! - I don't mean to be critical but so many of us are tired on complaints about nonsense - Bobby Blue
on January 5, 2016
I received a different Keurig for Christmas. It was the Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System. I ended up returning it because it is very limited. The smaller K cups come in so few flavors and I couldn't find them locally. They are also more expensive. Regular K cups don't fit it. I wanted to try all sorts of coffees and hot chocolate, tea, etc. So I returned it and got this! I am very happy with it. I now have the Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System, an Estilo 0153 Automatic Electric Milk Frother, Heater and Cappuccino Maker which is basically what is attached to the side of the brewer I returned, only better, a MaxBrew 24K Gold Reusable K-Cup Filter for Keurig 2.0/1.0 so that I can use any coffee I desire, even grind fresh beans. Speaking of fresh beans, I also ordered a KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, 3-Ounce. I bought this one used like new and came in about the same cost as the one that I returned with lots more options. This one does so much more. Hot or cold, drinks, a wide variety of drinks and easy to use. With the frother I purchased, I can heat milk or use cold. With the MaxBrew cup and grinder I also purchased through Amazon, I can grind my own beans fresh. It makes 3 sizes of cups which is very nice. If you use bottled water you don't need to use the filter. The coffee is very hot and brews quickly. I like flavored coffees and other drinks and my husband likes black coffee. I had fun playing barista for him making what he likes his way!
on April 19, 2016
Honestly, I got this for my daughter. She wanted a way to make coffee in the morning before school. Neither my husband or I drink coffee so we had no coffee maker at all. I spent hours going over reviews of the different Keriug's. This was my choice because of those reviews.
I like that it is quick to heat up. Taking maybe 40 seconds until you can start to brew? It is quick to make that cup of coffee or hot water for tea as well!
Some reported about it being noisy--I don't think that it is. I am used to the old time coffee makers and they are way noiser than this. It's easy to follow directions for cleaning and descaling.
I do make sure I run water through a cycle on the smallest cup choice if we use a k-cup and may not use it until the following day. I also leave the top up until the cup area dries because I found if you don't the silver needle can become rusted. I actually found myself using it a lot for hot tea. Whether it was k-cup tea or just running it through for hot water and using a tea bag. We also got hot chocolate cups as well. So it really is something the whole family can use.
I would recommend this product for sure.
on December 26, 2013
After only 3 months of use, brewing about 2 cups of coffee a day, my Keurig K45 Elite coffeemaker has bitten the dust. I have the water filter and use the machine according to instructions. The descale light is not on. No water will come out and the pump is making a groaning noise. This is my second Keurig to die of the exact same cause. My first one only lasted a little over a year and was not repairable. I gave this machine 2 stars because it's satisfactory when it works. It just doesn't work for very long. Fortunately, after being burned on my previous Keurig I purchased a warranty on this machine. Now we'll see how much hassle that proves to be. This machine will be my last purchase from Keurig. It was definitely not worth the money I paid and wouldn't recommend it. Good idea; extremely poor execution.
on March 9, 2015
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System...Review-Purchase Received 3/5/15
Over the past 11 years I have owned 4 very inexpensive coffee makers...a Proctor Silex, Mr. Coffee, Black and Decker, and another Mr. Coffee. The last Mr. Coffee made a good cup of coffee...I have my special 70% acid-free-hazelnut coffee. It is reported that the acid is not removed from the coffee; rather the beans they harvest are already 70% acid free, just passing along for your information, should anyone be interested.

After about 3 years, the burner on which the carafe is placed rusted out, leaving burnt crust on bottom of carafe, which I had to clean off every day. This obviously didn’t affect the taste of the coffee, but I simply do not wish to do this every day. The other issue with Mr. Coffee as well as the other ones I purchased is this: The filter basket where you put your grounds is a royal pain to clean out...takes lengthy rinsing. So I used paper filters. This also is not something I wish to deal with each day, as sometimes the filter folds over during brewing, gets wet, and therefore I had coffee grounds in the filter basket or even worse in the coffee. I hate grounds in my coffee!!!! This resulted in the paper filter being difficult to get out of the basket without coming apart, leaving you with a yucky mess!!.

For about the past three months I have searched for a new coffee maker. Have looked at many coffee makers, including stove-top and electric percolators, dripolators, Keurigs, as well as other brands operating the same as Keurig. I have spent hours and hours of reading reviews. Actually, in one review I read one comment about Keurig company that really bashed them, saying that they once had a good product, but have now let things slide...no longer making a good product, and that in the future they would be selling Keurigs for the same price as the inexpensive dripolators. I followed a link on this comment and read many other responses, which were pretty much in agreement with the original comment.

At this point, I had no clue what I wanted to buy. So, as the old adage says, when in doubt, don’t. And so I waited and waited, with ongoing research. Both my daughters have Keurigs, and they love them. One daughter kept giving me positive comments about Keurig and encouraging me to get one.

Here is the thing: I make one large mug (10 oz.) every day for myself. My husband will occasionally have a cup with me. So did I want to pay this much for a coffee maker which would be used mostly for myself? I finally said yes...bought the Keurig K45...began using March 4, 2015. Here is my take on it so far.

Pros:
Makes a really good-flavored cup of coffee and definitely hot
Nice to pop in a K-Cup and not mess with grounds
Having an array of coffee pods at your disposal and choosing the types and flavors of coffee without buying a whole can of coffee.

The following information has been taken from the Keurig instruction manual. I have no issues with either, but since each is a time-consuming task, I would like to pass along, hoping that it may be of help for a potential customer.

Purging the Brewer: This should be done once a week. This involves filling the reservoir, turn brewer on, without inserting a K-Cup, place a mug or cup on the drip tray plate and then press brew button. Repeat this 3 more times to completely purge water from tank. So you’re going through this process just for water, not coffee.

Cleaning external parts: Should be done once a week.
This includes the K-Cup pack holder assembly, the funnel, the exit needle, water reservoir and water reservoir lid. Keurig is relatively easy to clean with a damp, soapy, non-abrasive cloth.

Descaling Brewer: You will need descale solution, which can be purchased on Amazon.
The mineral content of your water will determine how often you do this. Calcium deposits or scale may build up in your brewer. Scale is non-toxic, but left unattended can hinder brewer performance. Regularly descaling every 3-6 months is recommended.

Descaling involves pouring entire bottle of Keurig Descaling Solution into water reservoir, then fill the empty bottle with water and pour into water reservoir. Press power button on. Place a large mug on the drip tray plate and run a cleansing brew using the largest brew size. Then pour contents of mug into sink. Repeat this process until add water is indicated. Let brewer stand for at least 30 minutes while still on. After 30 minutes, discard any residual solution and rinse the water reservoir thoroughly. Now the rinse cycle...fill the water reservoir. Place a large mug on drip tray plate and run a cleaning brew using the largest brew size. Pour contents of the mug into sink. Repeat brew process until you have completed at least 12 brews using the largest brew size. You may need to refill the water reservoir at least one time during this process.

If the red Descale light is still illuminated after completing the procedure, repeat the descaling procedure. Turn off and unplug the brewer. If there is Keurig Descaling solution in the water reservoir, discard the contents, rinse the water reservoir thoroughly and refill with water. Plug the brewer back in, power on, and repeat the fresh water rinse cycle. This would be a biggie for me, but since I do have a water filtration system, would not concern me .

Thoughts in general:
To my knowledge, most coffee makers are made of cheap plastic and made in China...so what else is new? The Keurig K-45 is a nice looking coffee maker...not too large, looks nice on my counter and fits well under my cabinets. Takes about 4 min. for initial-water fill of the reservoir to heat up. Provides a very good-flavored, hot cup of coffee quickly. The key to a really good cup of coffee depends largely on the quality of coffee used.

The K-Cups work well...insertion and removal easy. I do love herb teas, but have not tried any as yet, so cannot make comment at this time. I find absolutely no negatives with the Keurig K45. So far, everything is running smoothly, and I feel really happy about my purchase.

Right now I am totally in love with this Keurig k45, giving it a 5 star rating. Should my opinions change at a later time, I will definitely post an update.
on April 19, 2015
A little background: I'm a college freshman at a major university in the Midwest, and needed a brewer to help keep me warm with tasty hot beverages during the cold winters. I was primarily looking for an easy source of tea, hot chocolate, and basic coffee for sporadic early mornings.

The Keurig K45 works brilliantly for me. It takes about 45 seconds for the water to heat up as soon as the "on" button is pressed, which is fantastic. Dispensing the actual liquid (whether it be hot chocolate, tea, or coffee) takes another 20 or so seconds, and the temperature is perfect every time (although to the best of my knowledge, it cannot be adjusted). The water filter works great, although I do recommend pre-filtering the water to some degree just to avoid problems with the reportedly fragile internal water pump.

How does it taste? Amazing. I pretty much only use the third and largest setting (10 oz or about 1 mug), which produces perfectly concentrated green tea, Grove Square hot cocoa, and Starbucks brand coffee. IMO, it's far tastier than manually made hot cocoa, coffee, or tea.

The reservoir holds the perfect amount of water, and is extremely easy to fill as the lid comes off easily and the opening is quite large.

I only have two gripes about the product. First, its footprint is massive - I live in a single dorm room, and it pretty much dominates the surface of my dresser, especially when surrounded by K-cups. Second, K-cups are expensive.

That said, I can heartily recommend this brewer to anybody looking for a nicely-priced single-cup automatic brewing system. I've had zero problems with it, and it provides me with delicious hot beverages on a daily basis. Wonderful product.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 4, 2016
We are late to the Keurig craze, but now that I have a Keurig K45, I am hooked. We looked all over for a Keurig K45. They aren't made any more, but in my opinion, they are the best of the Keurig machines. The main reason I like it is because I can use the reusable K-Cups and make my own coffee, which saves both money and the landfills.

The only thing I do not like about this machine, is that you cannot set the strength and the large cup size is a little weak. We've gotten around that by brewing the small or medium setting (yet another reason to use a reusable K-Cup)

I also keep a variety pack of hot chocolate and tea flavors so if someone comes by that doesn't drink coffee, they can easily make something else.

I am very happy with the Keurig machine. It's fast and makes great coffee.