Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,963 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,388 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
This is the fourth Keurig I've purchased and with each purchase the quality of the machine has deteriorated. I first bought one in 2007 for my small NYC office. About 15 people used it several times a day and it worked beautifully! We loved the ability for each of us to have the kind of coffee or tea, or even hot chocolate, that we preferred. When that machine wore out after about 4 years I felt that I had gotten more than my money's worth from it.

In 2008 I bought a similar machine for my home. It was as great as the one I had in my office. That one was used by the family, also several times a day, for about three years. When it broke I bought another just like the one we had. At that point, around 2010, I noticed that this third machine was not as well made as the first two. It had more plastic parts and splashed a lot of coffee outside of the cup as it filled. And it actually had a note in the box that said something like, "There will be splashing as your cup fills and that's normal." In other words, this is a design flaw and customers should just deal with it. (This problem did not happen with the previous machine.)

That pot broke and I just tossed it and started to use my old, reliable Melitta Grind and Brew, which I've had forever and it works great. But I have to brew a whole pot of coffee when I often just want one cup. So a few weeks ago I ordered another Keurig, more or less the same model I always had, from Amazon. Well, the product is even more cheaply made -- and for no reduction in price. This one broke yesterday after just a couple of weeks of use. And I should say that there are only two of us in the household now, so it didn't get heavy use and it was properly cared for.

Of course, I had just thrown out the box that it came in a couple of days previous, so now I have to come up with a box, pack the thing and return it. It's still under warranty, but the hassle of dealing with the return is just not worth all the trouble.

I suspect that Keurig got popular, then got greedy, and started making its coffee machines more cheaply in order to increase profits. So sad, because it really was an incredibly great coffee system. But I will not be buying another.
5150+ comments| 1,919 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
I waited over a year to finally select a Keurig, and I am so glad I went with this one. Absolutely love it so far. Perfect for 2 adults to brew a couple morning cups of coffee, and perfect for when the kids want hot cocoa. I also enjoy having the choice of being able to fire it up in 2 minutes, throw a glass with ice underneath, and brew a pleasant iced coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up, or, my personal favorite- southern-style sweet tea on-demand.

Fantastic product from my experience!

P.S.- I would also highly recommend the Amazon spinning k-cups holder. Looks great on display next to it IMO ;)
review image
on April 2, 2016
This is my fourth Keurig brewer. I loved each of my previous three, but each one broke sooner than its predecessor. The first one lasted the longest -- about eighteen months. The second one lasted about eight months, and the third about six months. Eventually every machine started making straining noises, producing half cups of coffee and then eventually no longer working at all. Yes, I descaled them (although the last two should only have required it once each, because they broke so soon). After experiencing this poor product longevity three times, I vowed never to buy another unit, and I didn't for more than three years. But when they do work, they are wonderful machines and I succumbed again and I had this model delivered to me on February 25, 2016. It worked great out of the box, of course, and all was forgiven and I was in coffee heaven. On April 1, 2016, the machine began groaning again and immediately failed to brew at all. One reason I was willing to give the product line another try is that I have found detailed instructions online about how to repair a broken unit. So I may yet restore this unit to working condition. But I am leaving my review now because this broken unit has only been in service for five weeks. Five weeks!! It's brewed only approximately seventy-five cups of coffee before breaking. That's just not good enough, no matter how great the functioning unit is, and even if this is still under warranty. You have to be able to make a product that lasts significantly longer than these do, without repair or replacement. I've given two stars because when it works, it is a 5-star product. But it won't work for long.
on September 6, 2015
I love this thing so far better than an actual coffee pot which burns the coffee if left on too long and not everyone has the same taste in coffee. I loved the fast shipping speed thanks to Amazon Prime. The only thing that is keeping me from giving the 5 star rating was the sample k cups that I received in the package were expired by over a month so futue buyers beware of this if you choose to use the sample k cups. But luckily I bought my own k cups on amazon so I can have my coffee and tea.
on October 15, 2014
Initially there was a problem with plastic tasting coffee. Apparently, this is a big issue that has not been resolved by Keurig. There are multiple blog posts on this. I followed some online suggestions, soaking the reservoir and K-cup holder in warm soapy water all day and then running multiple cups of water through the Keurig. That didn't help so I tried the vinegar method, 1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water in the reservoir and run through followed by 3 full reservoir run throughs of filtered water. That seemed to work, but I'm not sure yet. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to try a fresh cup of coffee to see how it worked out. If this doesn't work I'll be in touch with customer support to see if there is a replacement reservoir that has a higher quality of plastic.

Tried a couple of cups of coffee this morning and the plastic taste was gone. I'm still leaving my review at 3 stars, though, since I do not think this should be a problem in the first place. I suspect it is a design problem with the type of plastic used in the reservoir and the K-cup holder.
on September 5, 2015
The jury is still out..... I have been using Keurigs for 6 or more years. This machine I just received doesn't have the power that the older machines had, as far as, when it pumps the water through the filter. I use the steel mesh and the stainless coffee strainers and you can't pack as much coffee in the cups to make your coffee stronger because the new machines don't have the guts to push the water through the cups. The water just dribbles through like the old drip machines. It doesn't have the big thrust of air/water at the end of the cup.

Also, the K45 I received doesn't give a large cup of coffee when the large cup is pressed. It always fills the cup to about an inch and a half from the top of the cup. I drink it black and I want a cup full!

If the system degrades from where it's at now as a new machine, I'll send it back regardless of losing my initial investment of $122!

Is that the way all Keurigs function now? If so, I am very disappointed!
on June 16, 2017
If you are a coffee lover like me you will love this coffee making system. Super easy to set up and start brewing in a few minutes. Very well made
with nice weight that doesn't move around on the counter top when using. Insert the Kcup, close the lid and in a couple minutes enjoy a superb This unit was a little larger than I anticipated but not too big to fit comfortably on our counter top. It has a nice weight that doesn't move around when using operating it. It comes with a package of four individual assorted sample Kcups that include hot chocolate and three different coffee brews. Worked great with all four. Today the wife purchased a nice assortment of 4 boxes of Kcups (12 Pods in each box) at our local grocery store that were by chance part of this weeks "sale" items. What a great selection of coffee, tea and hot chocolote choose from. The wife and I both are looking forward to trying the others. I found that if I select the brew to be for a medium cup I can just press the button again for a small cup and get nice little smaller refill on the same Kcup Pod. I have also ordered a box of disposable filters and 4 Reusable Single Cup Solo Pods so I can use my old favorite coffee brand purchased by the pound to make my own pods.
on February 15, 2016
The Keurig arrived a few weeks ago, and during the first week, it was great. The sampler really helped determine the kind of coffee I preferred and what I'd likely never buy. After the first week, I had gotten some tea for the Keurig and suddenly, the K cup overflowed and all the tea sediments went into my cup. I thought it was just a bad batch, but no, it started happening with everything I tried to make.

I did some reading and apparently this is a pretty common issue, along with a few other issues so do your research! I read that some people puncture two holes in the K cup because the K cups can't really handle pressure (um it's a $130 machine and it can't handle what it's designed to do?) so I started doing that and the problem went away. So, outside of having to puncture two holes in the K cups, I haven't had any other issues with it.

Also, if you buy the reusable coffee cups, just be aware that it won't taste as strong. I have Starbucks Verona K cups and the bag, the K cups taste nice and strong but the reusable cup makes the coffee in the bag taste like water.

Just be aware that you'll probably be married to the K cups for the rest of your Keurig relationship.
on December 30, 2015
What can I say, it's a Keurig! If you've drank coffee from one, you know the quality. This isn't a newer model with all the bells & whistles but it works great, isn't complicated to operate & produces a fantastic cup of brew!

CONS:
There's no carafe size option
It seems like I have to fill the reservoir fairly often
It does take a couple minutes to heat up when it's first turned on
Instructions state to remove used pod right away. After the top is closed, the cup selection lights all flash which can be irritating it you're not brewing another cup but they stop flashing after a couple of minutes

PROS:
You can use ANY K-cup pods, even ones without the logo. (I just found my new favorite {non-licensed} coffee which I wouldn't be able to use if I'd bought a 2.0. It's packaged in a short pod with a filter bottom vs. plastic, so will leave less non-biodegradable material in our landfills)
The reservoir is easy to get at & you don't have to remove the entire thing to fill it like on some brands
Reservoir is clear so you can see when water is getting low
Low Water indicator light comes on to remind you to fill reservoir in case you don't notice
Won't brew if low on water so you don't wind up with a wasted pod & half a cup of coffee
Water filter feature is great if you have hard water like I do, don't have filtered water and don't want to use bottled water
Replacement filters are very inexpensive
Removable cup stand gives you room to brew directly into a travel mug
So convenient
Coffee tastes soooooo good
on December 9, 2015
We finally made the leap and bought a Keurig for our downstairs studio. Have set up a kind of coffee bar in our mini-kitchenette so we can have an afternoon cup of coffee without making a whole pot in our regular coffeemaker upstairs. Especially nice for a hot chocolate or spiced cider. We set up baskets with various drink types. Since our guest bedroom is downstairs too it's handy if we have overnight company so they can help themselves to whatever they fancy.
Really like the blue color. It's somewhere between a sapphire and navy. I like the pull out tray feature so my travel mug fits nicely if I want to make a coffee to go. It has also filled in as a back-up for our upstairs coffeemaker when it quit as we waited for a replacement.