Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,968 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,392 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
This is the fourth Keurig I've purchased and with each purchase the quality of the machine has deteriorated. I first bought one in 2007 for my small NYC office. About 15 people used it several times a day and it worked beautifully! We loved the ability for each of us to have the kind of coffee or tea, or even hot chocolate, that we preferred. When that machine wore out after about 4 years I felt that I had gotten more than my money's worth from it.

In 2008 I bought a similar machine for my home. It was as great as the one I had in my office. That one was used by the family, also several times a day, for about three years. When it broke I bought another just like the one we had. At that point, around 2010, I noticed that this third machine was not as well made as the first two. It had more plastic parts and splashed a lot of coffee outside of the cup as it filled. And it actually had a note in the box that said something like, "There will be splashing as your cup fills and that's normal." In other words, this is a design flaw and customers should just deal with it. (This problem did not happen with the previous machine.)

That pot broke and I just tossed it and started to use my old, reliable Melitta Grind and Brew, which I've had forever and it works great. But I have to brew a whole pot of coffee when I often just want one cup. So a few weeks ago I ordered another Keurig, more or less the same model I always had, from Amazon. Well, the product is even more cheaply made -- and for no reduction in price. This one broke yesterday after just a couple of weeks of use. And I should say that there are only two of us in the household now, so it didn't get heavy use and it was properly cared for.

Of course, I had just thrown out the box that it came in a couple of days previous, so now I have to come up with a box, pack the thing and return it. It's still under warranty, but the hassle of dealing with the return is just not worth all the trouble.

I suspect that Keurig got popular, then got greedy, and started making its coffee machines more cheaply in order to increase profits. So sad, because it really was an incredibly great coffee system. But I will not be buying another.
5150+ comments| 1,919 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2015
I waited over a year to finally select a Keurig, and I am so glad I went with this one. Absolutely love it so far. Perfect for 2 adults to brew a couple morning cups of coffee, and perfect for when the kids want hot cocoa. I also enjoy having the choice of being able to fire it up in 2 minutes, throw a glass with ice underneath, and brew a pleasant iced coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up, or, my personal favorite- southern-style sweet tea on-demand.

Fantastic product from my experience!

P.S.- I would also highly recommend the Amazon spinning k-cups holder. Looks great on display next to it IMO ;)
review image
on June 16, 2017
If you are a coffee lover like me you will love this coffee making system. Super easy to set up and start brewing in a few minutes. Very well made
with nice weight that doesn't move around on the counter top when using. Insert the Kcup, close the lid and in a couple minutes enjoy a superb This unit was a little larger than I anticipated but not too big to fit comfortably on our counter top. It has a nice weight that doesn't move around when using operating it. It comes with a package of four individual assorted sample Kcups that include hot chocolate and three different coffee brews. Worked great with all four. Today the wife purchased a nice assortment of 4 boxes of Kcups (12 Pods in each box) at our local grocery store that were by chance part of this weeks "sale" items. What a great selection of coffee, tea and hot chocolote choose from. The wife and I both are looking forward to trying the others. I found that if I select the brew to be for a medium cup I can just press the button again for a small cup and get nice little smaller refill on the same Kcup Pod. I have also ordered a box of disposable filters and 4 Reusable Single Cup Solo Pods so I can use my old favorite coffee brand purchased by the pound to make my own pods.
on February 15, 2016
The Keurig arrived a few weeks ago, and during the first week, it was great. The sampler really helped determine the kind of coffee I preferred and what I'd likely never buy. After the first week, I had gotten some tea for the Keurig and suddenly, the K cup overflowed and all the tea sediments went into my cup. I thought it was just a bad batch, but no, it started happening with everything I tried to make.

I did some reading and apparently this is a pretty common issue, along with a few other issues so do your research! I read that some people puncture two holes in the K cup because the K cups can't really handle pressure (um it's a $130 machine and it can't handle what it's designed to do?) so I started doing that and the problem went away. So, outside of having to puncture two holes in the K cups, I haven't had any other issues with it.

Also, if you buy the reusable coffee cups, just be aware that it won't taste as strong. I have Starbucks Verona K cups and the bag, the K cups taste nice and strong but the reusable cup makes the coffee in the bag taste like water.

Just be aware that you'll probably be married to the K cups for the rest of your Keurig relationship.
on December 30, 2015
What can I say, it's a Keurig! If you've drank coffee from one, you know the quality. This isn't a newer model with all the bells & whistles but it works great, isn't complicated to operate & produces a fantastic cup of brew!

CONS:
There's no carafe size option
It seems like I have to fill the reservoir fairly often
It does take a couple minutes to heat up when it's first turned on
Instructions state to remove used pod right away. After the top is closed, the cup selection lights all flash which can be irritating it you're not brewing another cup but they stop flashing after a couple of minutes

PROS:
You can use ANY K-cup pods, even ones without the logo. (I just found my new favorite {non-licensed} coffee which I wouldn't be able to use if I'd bought a 2.0. It's packaged in a short pod with a filter bottom vs. plastic, so will leave less non-biodegradable material in our landfills)
The reservoir is easy to get at & you don't have to remove the entire thing to fill it like on some brands
Reservoir is clear so you can see when water is getting low
Low Water indicator light comes on to remind you to fill reservoir in case you don't notice
Won't brew if low on water so you don't wind up with a wasted pod & half a cup of coffee
Water filter feature is great if you have hard water like I do, don't have filtered water and don't want to use bottled water
Replacement filters are very inexpensive
Removable cup stand gives you room to brew directly into a travel mug
So convenient
Coffee tastes soooooo good
on December 9, 2015
We finally made the leap and bought a Keurig for our downstairs studio. Have set up a kind of coffee bar in our mini-kitchenette so we can have an afternoon cup of coffee without making a whole pot in our regular coffeemaker upstairs. Especially nice for a hot chocolate or spiced cider. We set up baskets with various drink types. Since our guest bedroom is downstairs too it's handy if we have overnight company so they can help themselves to whatever they fancy.
Really like the blue color. It's somewhere between a sapphire and navy. I like the pull out tray feature so my travel mug fits nicely if I want to make a coffee to go. It has also filled in as a back-up for our upstairs coffeemaker when it quit as we waited for a replacement.
on October 7, 2015
I had been wanting a Keurig for a long time..I finally decided to splurge and get one. I researched all the Keurig reviews on Amazon like I do everything I buy and decided on this one. One reason I chose this is because you can use any and all K-cups in it. If it's a K-cup this maker can use it. The Keurig 2.0 can only use 2.0 K cups.It will not take all K cups.

I chose the Blue..the color looks much prettier in the pictures. In person it is a dark blue.

This is a very easy machine to use..Put your water in the reservoir , turn the power on, wait for it to heat up and pop your K cup in and select the size cup you want..that's it ! Very simple and easy. Once you turn your power on it will begin to heat , once it's hot and ready to brew the 3 cups will light up to let you know it's ready to brew, then you select the size cup and it will start immediately. It comes with 3 water filter bags and they are easy to change. It say's about every 2 months or so but depends on how much you use it. This also comes with a box of K-cups to get you started. I believe it came with 12 and they were assorted brands and flavors.

I am very happy I decided on this one..being able to use any K cup in this Keurig is nice!
on July 8, 2015
I bought this for a friend, who is newly blind. She would drink hot tea every day, heating her kettle on her stove, which made me very nervous, as she typically keeps flammables nearby that she often doesn't realize are there.

She LOVES this. It has given her such freedom, plus it enables her to offer a variety of drinks to visitors and gives her a sense of control.

I paired it with a "Mind Reader Anchor Coffee Pod Storage Drawer." This has three drawers, each with two distinct rows. I put her teas in one drawer, one drawer has her cocoas on the left and her ciders on the right, and the third has her coffee on the left and her cappuccinos on the right. This makes it super-easy for her to find what she wants and helps eliminate surprise drinks.

She also uses this to make instant oatmeal by just omitting the tea/coffee pod and letting plain hot water come out.

This product has raised, distinct buttons, so she can operate it by feel and relative position. I think there is a newer version out that is all flat and would not work.
on November 29, 2016
bought this model to replace another version which is about 6 years old. It was beginning to be unreliable...not unusual for any electronics after 5 years of daily use. This version is flexible enough for my use. I can use my off-brand K-Cup type coffees with no problems. (I don't buy Keurig brand cups at all any more. There are other better and cheaper choices.)
The noise level is very low compared to my old, dying brewer. The temperature is hotter. I can't set it up to turn on automatically at a certain time as I was able to do with my old brewer, but that is not an issue at all. I love the white color- and get lots of compliments from guests!
As I said, so far, so good.
on December 8, 2014
Quite working in LESS than 30 days...and during that time, we were even out of town for eight days. We made only three to six cups of coffee a day, so that sure isn't heavy use. Fortunately, Amazon is wonderful: they have sent me a return label so I can ship it back free, and I'll get a full refund. My last Keurig was around $200 and it lasted only 13 months. I love the concept, and have loads of K-cups to use....but I wish someone could tell me which model is the most dependable, so I can find a good one. Now, I am off to study reviews on other models.