Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,938 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,362 reviews
on February 27, 2017
I purchased two brewers. One for the office and one for home. The brewer at the office is used daily to make at least four cups of coffee a day and it works perfectly fine. The brewer I use at home stopped working and is useless. I am single, live alone and don't use the Keurig K45 on a daily basis. On average, I may make 2-3 cups of coffee a week/12 cups of coffee a month. I bought this in early November. IN FOUR SHORT MONTHS IT STOPPED BREWING COFFEE. I noticed a few reviews from buyers who had the exact same experience as me. I tried "troubleshooting" as recommended by the manufacturer: making sure lines weren't clogged with coffee or air bubbles; making sure all parts were securely in place and etc... NOTHING WORKED. (I'll add video of the malfunction as a follow-up to this rating later today or tomorrow 2/27/17). Amazon is contacting the seller to "try" to get the seller to make an exception and either return my money or replace the product. THE CAVEAT....they money-back guarantee has expired and I may have just thrown away almost $100 without having anything to show for it. I'm crossing fingers that the seller will be willing to work with me. I buy tons of merchandise through Amazon and this has been the only experience in which a reputable brand name product malfunctioned. Maybe I just received a "dud." So as far as this specific product it looks like you have a 50/50 chance of getting one that doesn't stop working completely.
Now I guess it comes down to the seller and what they are willing to do to help me.
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
This is the fourth Keurig I've purchased and with each purchase the quality of the machine has deteriorated. I first bought one in 2007 for my small NYC office. About 15 people used it several times a day and it worked beautifully! We loved the ability for each of us to have the kind of coffee or tea, or even hot chocolate, that we preferred. When that machine wore out after about 4 years I felt that I had gotten more than my money's worth from it.

In 2008 I bought a similar machine for my home. It was as great as the one I had in my office. That one was used by the family, also several times a day, for about three years. When it broke I bought another just like the one we had. At that point, around 2010, I noticed that this third machine was not as well made as the first two. It had more plastic parts and splashed a lot of coffee outside of the cup as it filled. And it actually had a note in the box that said something like, "There will be splashing as your cup fills and that's normal." In other words, this is a design flaw and customers should just deal with it. (This problem did not happen with the previous machine.)

That pot broke and I just tossed it and started to use my old, reliable Melitta Grind and Brew, which I've had forever and it works great. But I have to brew a whole pot of coffee when I often just want one cup. So a few weeks ago I ordered another Keurig, more or less the same model I always had, from Amazon. Well, the product is even more cheaply made -- and for no reduction in price. This one broke yesterday after just a couple of weeks of use. And I should say that there are only two of us in the household now, so it didn't get heavy use and it was properly cared for.

Of course, I had just thrown out the box that it came in a couple of days previous, so now I have to come up with a box, pack the thing and return it. It's still under warranty, but the hassle of dealing with the return is just not worth all the trouble.

I suspect that Keurig got popular, then got greedy, and started making its coffee machines more cheaply in order to increase profits. So sad, because it really was an incredibly great coffee system. But I will not be buying another.
128128 comments| 1,917 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2014
Initially there was a problem with plastic tasting coffee. Apparently, this is a big issue that has not been resolved by Keurig. There are multiple blog posts on this. I followed some online suggestions, soaking the reservoir and K-cup holder in warm soapy water all day and then running multiple cups of water through the Keurig. That didn't help so I tried the vinegar method, 1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water in the reservoir and run through followed by 3 full reservoir run throughs of filtered water. That seemed to work, but I'm not sure yet. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to try a fresh cup of coffee to see how it worked out. If this doesn't work I'll be in touch with customer support to see if there is a replacement reservoir that has a higher quality of plastic.

Tried a couple of cups of coffee this morning and the plastic taste was gone. I'm still leaving my review at 3 stars, though, since I do not think this should be a problem in the first place. I suspect it is a design problem with the type of plastic used in the reservoir and the K-cup holder.
on December 16, 2015
I waited over a year to finally select a Keurig, and I am so glad I went with this one. Absolutely love it so far. Perfect for 2 adults to brew a couple morning cups of coffee, and perfect for when the kids want hot cocoa. I also enjoy having the choice of being able to fire it up in 2 minutes, throw a glass with ice underneath, and brew a pleasant iced coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up, or, my personal favorite- southern-style sweet tea on-demand.

Fantastic product from my experience!

P.S.- I would also highly recommend the Amazon spinning k-cups holder. Looks great on display next to it IMO ;)
review image
on December 30, 2015
What can I say, it's a Keurig! If you've drank coffee from one, you know the quality. This isn't a newer model with all the bells & whistles but it works great, isn't complicated to operate & produces a fantastic cup of brew!

CONS:
There's no carafe size option
It seems like I have to fill the reservoir fairly often
It does take a couple minutes to heat up when it's first turned on
Instructions state to remove used pod right away. After the top is closed, the cup selection lights all flash which can be irritating it you're not brewing another cup but they stop flashing after a couple of minutes

PROS:
You can use ANY K-cup pods, even ones without the logo. (I just found my new favorite {non-licensed} coffee which I wouldn't be able to use if I'd bought a 2.0. It's packaged in a short pod with a filter bottom vs. plastic, so will leave less non-biodegradable material in our landfills)
The reservoir is easy to get at & you don't have to remove the entire thing to fill it like on some brands
Reservoir is clear so you can see when water is getting low
Low Water indicator light comes on to remind you to fill reservoir in case you don't notice
Won't brew if low on water so you don't wind up with a wasted pod & half a cup of coffee
Water filter feature is great if you have hard water like I do, don't have filtered water and don't want to use bottled water
Replacement filters are very inexpensive
Removable cup stand gives you room to brew directly into a travel mug
So convenient
Coffee tastes soooooo good
on February 15, 2016
The Keurig arrived a few weeks ago, and during the first week, it was great. The sampler really helped determine the kind of coffee I preferred and what I'd likely never buy. After the first week, I had gotten some tea for the Keurig and suddenly, the K cup overflowed and all the tea sediments went into my cup. I thought it was just a bad batch, but no, it started happening with everything I tried to make.

I did some reading and apparently this is a pretty common issue, along with a few other issues so do your research! I read that some people puncture two holes in the K cup because the K cups can't really handle pressure (um it's a $130 machine and it can't handle what it's designed to do?) so I started doing that and the problem went away. So, outside of having to puncture two holes in the K cups, I haven't had any other issues with it.

Also, if you buy the reusable coffee cups, just be aware that it won't taste as strong. I have Starbucks Verona K cups and the bag, the K cups taste nice and strong but the reusable cup makes the coffee in the bag taste like water.

Just be aware that you'll probably be married to the K cups for the rest of your Keurig relationship.
on September 5, 2015
The jury is still out..... I have been using Keurigs for 6 or more years. This machine I just received doesn't have the power that the older machines had, as far as, when it pumps the water through the filter. I use the steel mesh and the stainless coffee strainers and you can't pack as much coffee in the cups to make your coffee stronger because the new machines don't have the guts to push the water through the cups. The water just dribbles through like the old drip machines. It doesn't have the big thrust of air/water at the end of the cup.

Also, the K45 I received doesn't give a large cup of coffee when the large cup is pressed. It always fills the cup to about an inch and a half from the top of the cup. I drink it black and I want a cup full!

If the system degrades from where it's at now as a new machine, I'll send it back regardless of losing my initial investment of $122!

Is that the way all Keurigs function now? If so, I am very disappointed!
on October 7, 2015
I had been wanting a Keurig for a long time..I finally decided to splurge and get one. I researched all the Keurig reviews on Amazon like I do everything I buy and decided on this one. One reason I chose this is because you can use any and all K-cups in it. If it's a K-cup this maker can use it. The Keurig 2.0 can only use 2.0 K cups.It will not take all K cups.

I chose the Blue..the color looks much prettier in the pictures. In person it is a dark blue.

This is a very easy machine to use..Put your water in the reservoir , turn the power on, wait for it to heat up and pop your K cup in and select the size cup you want..that's it ! Very simple and easy. Once you turn your power on it will begin to heat , once it's hot and ready to brew the 3 cups will light up to let you know it's ready to brew, then you select the size cup and it will start immediately. It comes with 3 water filter bags and they are easy to change. It say's about every 2 months or so but depends on how much you use it. This also comes with a box of K-cups to get you started. I believe it came with 12 and they were assorted brands and flavors.

I am very happy I decided on this one..being able to use any K cup in this Keurig is nice!
on January 7, 2016
Keurigs are the kitchen equivalent of ink jet printers: the real cost of the system is the ink/coffee. Assuming you decide that's OK, then the K45 offers solid features for a decent price, the most important of which -- IMHO -- is the water reserve, which means you don't have to add water every time you want a cup. Capacity depends on your choice of mugs, but I've found it holds about 4 mugs per fill.

This model gives you a choice of 3 cup sizes for brewing, though it is not clear to me how a large cup selection would yield anything other than weak coffee. Your satisfaction with a Keurig is likely to be a function of finding a coffee blend that -- mild or strong -- is right for you. I like a medium/strong coffee, which means that anything other than "bold/strong" doesn't work for me. The good news, of course, is that each coffee drinker in your household can find the right coffee for themselves.

Among the positive features are the following:

* System seems well-made and trouble-free
* Reservoir means fewer trips to the sink for water
* 3 strength settings (large probably not really useful)
* System won't brew if water is too low for a cup; refill indicator light tells you to add water
* HUGE variety of coffee, tea, cocoa, etc. available
* Your coffee will always be freshly brewed and hot
* Less waste -- you won't throw away half a pot of stewed coffee every day

Caveats:

* Refills are quite pricey unless you shop on Amazon or at big box stores and buy in bulk
* If you like strong coffee, you may not be fully satisfied

Overall, this is a very solid system with helpful features. If you want a Keurig-type system, this one has all you need.
on July 8, 2015
I bought this for a friend, who is newly blind. She would drink hot tea every day, heating her kettle on her stove, which made me very nervous, as she typically keeps flammables nearby that she often doesn't realize are there.

She LOVES this. It has given her such freedom, plus it enables her to offer a variety of drinks to visitors and gives her a sense of control.

I paired it with a "Mind Reader Anchor Coffee Pod Storage Drawer." This has three drawers, each with two distinct rows. I put her teas in one drawer, one drawer has her cocoas on the left and her ciders on the right, and the third has her coffee on the left and her cappuccinos on the right. This makes it super-easy for her to find what she wants and helps eliminate surprise drinks.

She also uses this to make instant oatmeal by just omitting the tea/coffee pod and letting plain hot water come out.

This product has raised, distinct buttons, so she can operate it by feel and relative position. I think there is a newer version out that is all flat and would not work.