Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,978 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,401 reviews
on December 16, 2015
I waited over a year to finally select a Keurig, and I am so glad I went with this one. Absolutely love it so far. Perfect for 2 adults to brew a couple morning cups of coffee, and perfect for when the kids want hot cocoa. I also enjoy having the choice of being able to fire it up in 2 minutes, throw a glass with ice underneath, and brew a pleasant iced coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up, or, my personal favorite- southern-style sweet tea on-demand.

Fantastic product from my experience!

P.S.- I would also highly recommend the Amazon spinning k-cups holder. Looks great on display next to it IMO ;)
review image
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2013
This is the fourth Keurig I've purchased and with each purchase the quality of the machine has deteriorated. I first bought one in 2007 for my small NYC office. About 15 people used it several times a day and it worked beautifully! We loved the ability for each of us to have the kind of coffee or tea, or even hot chocolate, that we preferred. When that machine wore out after about 4 years I felt that I had gotten more than my money's worth from it.

In 2008 I bought a similar machine for my home. It was as great as the one I had in my office. That one was used by the family, also several times a day, for about three years. When it broke I bought another just like the one we had. At that point, around 2010, I noticed that this third machine was not as well made as the first two. It had more plastic parts and splashed a lot of coffee outside of the cup as it filled. And it actually had a note in the box that said something like, "There will be splashing as your cup fills and that's normal." In other words, this is a design flaw and customers should just deal with it. (This problem did not happen with the previous machine.)

That pot broke and I just tossed it and started to use my old, reliable Melitta Grind and Brew, which I've had forever and it works great. But I have to brew a whole pot of coffee when I often just want one cup. So a few weeks ago I ordered another Keurig, more or less the same model I always had, from Amazon. Well, the product is even more cheaply made -- and for no reduction in price. This one broke yesterday after just a couple of weeks of use. And I should say that there are only two of us in the household now, so it didn't get heavy use and it was properly cared for.

Of course, I had just thrown out the box that it came in a couple of days previous, so now I have to come up with a box, pack the thing and return it. It's still under warranty, but the hassle of dealing with the return is just not worth all the trouble.

I suspect that Keurig got popular, then got greedy, and started making its coffee machines more cheaply in order to increase profits. So sad, because it really was an incredibly great coffee system. But I will not be buying another.
5150+ comments| 1,922 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2016
The Keurig arrived a few weeks ago, and during the first week, it was great. The sampler really helped determine the kind of coffee I preferred and what I'd likely never buy. After the first week, I had gotten some tea for the Keurig and suddenly, the K cup overflowed and all the tea sediments went into my cup. I thought it was just a bad batch, but no, it started happening with everything I tried to make.

I did some reading and apparently this is a pretty common issue, along with a few other issues so do your research! I read that some people puncture two holes in the K cup because the K cups can't really handle pressure (um it's a $130 machine and it can't handle what it's designed to do?) so I started doing that and the problem went away. So, outside of having to puncture two holes in the K cups, I haven't had any other issues with it.

Also, if you buy the reusable coffee cups, just be aware that it won't taste as strong. I have Starbucks Verona K cups and the bag, the K cups taste nice and strong but the reusable cup makes the coffee in the bag taste like water.

Just be aware that you'll probably be married to the K cups for the rest of your Keurig relationship.
on December 30, 2015
What can I say, it's a Keurig! If you've drank coffee from one, you know the quality. This isn't a newer model with all the bells & whistles but it works great, isn't complicated to operate & produces a fantastic cup of brew!

CONS:
There's no carafe size option
It seems like I have to fill the reservoir fairly often
It does take a couple minutes to heat up when it's first turned on
Instructions state to remove used pod right away. After the top is closed, the cup selection lights all flash which can be irritating it you're not brewing another cup but they stop flashing after a couple of minutes

PROS:
You can use ANY K-cup pods, even ones without the logo. (I just found my new favorite {non-licensed} coffee which I wouldn't be able to use if I'd bought a 2.0. It's packaged in a short pod with a filter bottom vs. plastic, so will leave less non-biodegradable material in our landfills)
The reservoir is easy to get at & you don't have to remove the entire thing to fill it like on some brands
Reservoir is clear so you can see when water is getting low
Low Water indicator light comes on to remind you to fill reservoir in case you don't notice
Won't brew if low on water so you don't wind up with a wasted pod & half a cup of coffee
Water filter feature is great if you have hard water like I do, don't have filtered water and don't want to use bottled water
Replacement filters are very inexpensive
Removable cup stand gives you room to brew directly into a travel mug
So convenient
Coffee tastes soooooo good
on December 9, 2015
We finally made the leap and bought a Keurig for our downstairs studio. Have set up a kind of coffee bar in our mini-kitchenette so we can have an afternoon cup of coffee without making a whole pot in our regular coffeemaker upstairs. Especially nice for a hot chocolate or spiced cider. We set up baskets with various drink types. Since our guest bedroom is downstairs too it's handy if we have overnight company so they can help themselves to whatever they fancy.
Really like the blue color. It's somewhere between a sapphire and navy. I like the pull out tray feature so my travel mug fits nicely if I want to make a coffee to go. It has also filled in as a back-up for our upstairs coffeemaker when it quit as we waited for a replacement.
on July 8, 2015
I bought this for a friend, who is newly blind. She would drink hot tea every day, heating her kettle on her stove, which made me very nervous, as she typically keeps flammables nearby that she often doesn't realize are there.

She LOVES this. It has given her such freedom, plus it enables her to offer a variety of drinks to visitors and gives her a sense of control.

I paired it with a "Mind Reader Anchor Coffee Pod Storage Drawer." This has three drawers, each with two distinct rows. I put her teas in one drawer, one drawer has her cocoas on the left and her ciders on the right, and the third has her coffee on the left and her cappuccinos on the right. This makes it super-easy for her to find what she wants and helps eliminate surprise drinks.

She also uses this to make instant oatmeal by just omitting the tea/coffee pod and letting plain hot water come out.

This product has raised, distinct buttons, so she can operate it by feel and relative position. I think there is a newer version out that is all flat and would not work.
on November 29, 2016
bought this model to replace another version which is about 6 years old. It was beginning to be unreliable...not unusual for any electronics after 5 years of daily use. This version is flexible enough for my use. I can use my off-brand K-Cup type coffees with no problems. (I don't buy Keurig brand cups at all any more. There are other better and cheaper choices.)
The noise level is very low compared to my old, dying brewer. The temperature is hotter. I can't set it up to turn on automatically at a certain time as I was able to do with my old brewer, but that is not an issue at all. I love the white color- and get lots of compliments from guests!
As I said, so far, so good.
on December 8, 2014
Quite working in LESS than 30 days...and during that time, we were even out of town for eight days. We made only three to six cups of coffee a day, so that sure isn't heavy use. Fortunately, Amazon is wonderful: they have sent me a return label so I can ship it back free, and I'll get a full refund. My last Keurig was around $200 and it lasted only 13 months. I love the concept, and have loads of K-cups to use....but I wish someone could tell me which model is the most dependable, so I can find a good one. Now, I am off to study reviews on other models.
on February 27, 2017
I purchased two brewers. One for the office and one for home. The brewer at the office is used daily to make at least four cups of coffee a day and it works perfectly fine. The brewer I use at home stopped working and is useless. I am single, live alone and don't use the Keurig K45 on a daily basis. On average, I may make 2-3 cups of coffee a week/12 cups of coffee a month. I bought this in early November. IN FOUR SHORT MONTHS IT STOPPED BREWING COFFEE. I noticed a few reviews from buyers who had the exact same experience as me. I tried "troubleshooting" as recommended by the manufacturer: making sure lines weren't clogged with coffee or air bubbles; making sure all parts were securely in place and etc... NOTHING WORKED. (I'll add video of the malfunction as a follow-up to this rating later today or tomorrow 2/27/17). Amazon is contacting the seller to "try" to get the seller to make an exception and either return my money or replace the product. THE CAVEAT....they money-back guarantee has expired and I may have just thrown away almost $100 without having anything to show for it. I'm crossing fingers that the seller will be willing to work with me. I buy tons of merchandise through Amazon and this has been the only experience in which a reputable brand name product malfunctioned. Maybe I just received a "dud." So as far as this specific product it looks like you have a 50/50 chance of getting one that doesn't stop working completely.
Now I guess it comes down to the seller and what they are willing to do to help me.
on July 16, 2015
I ordered this Keurig after my husband took our original one to work to use. I loved the sleek black and for a couple of months it worked fine. Then it wouldn't put out enough water to hardly fill the bottom of a cup. I went online to see what might be the problem and it was suggested that you "de-scale" it using vinegar and water. I tried that making sure to send water through to rinse it good to get the vinegar taste/smell out. I then left it off overnight and the next day it did seem to help some -- I could get half a cup of water (this is using the largest cut setting). If you run it twice you get enough to make a cup. Very disappointed in it. Would NOT recommend it to anyone. I think I will be calling Keurig to see if they can offer any suggestions.