Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 10, 2013
I have owned this model now for about 2 years with nothing but joy to report. My unit stays stationary in my kitchen and is moved only to add distilled water about every few days. We brew roughly 2-3 cups a day out of the machine every day. It still functions as it did the day we bought it. After much trial and error we have selected our favorite brands of K-cups and order them in bulk to save on costs. They are even available at some local salvage stores for half the price or more in some cases, which is a win win for us as they really don't go bad, they are all sealed and purged.

The only 3 issues most people have with any of these systems are slow brew and or half cup brew issues, and watery blends. These are very easy to repair by the user and not an alarm to return the product. I spent about 2 minutes fixing both issues after a quick search online where you can find everything up to video to assist you in the process.

First of all, Please run distilled water in your machine. If you choose to run normal tap or filtered water suit yourself but know that you will have to descale the machine on a regular basis to prevent clogging and slower brew or long heating periods. Distilled water comes in gallons and sells for about a buck a jug around here. A jug will usually last us 2 weeks if we brew 2 cups a day. Not a huge investment there.

As for the slow brew, or light brew.. Normally water flows from 3 holes in the top needle that punctures the K-cup itself. Over time coffee grounds will sometimes remain behind in a hole and build up until they dry and seal the hole, diverting water to the other holes. If you remove the black K-cup holder gently and take a toothpick broken in about half or less and locate these holes *careful as the needle is sharp* and just slip the toothpick into each hole you will probably notice that some debris is removed. Once your sure you have it clean simply run a cup or two of water with no coffee in place to finish the clean and you should notice an increase in flow and alike flavor. The way to avoid having this at all is to remove all K-cups just after use and do not forget them in the brewer.

If your having half cup issues, this is almost always air in the system, which can be removed so simply. Just take off the water tank, drain and rinse it if necessary. Check that the screen filter doesn't contain alot of contaminant. Unplug your unit and move it over to the sink. Turn the unit upside down over the sink and give it a few light taps, 5 or 10 good taps while shaking it gently back and forth to remove the air. Then, refill your tank and set it in place, plug the unit back in and brew a couple of cups with no coffee in place, you should see full cups now. The way to avoid this problem is never to fill the tank while brewing is occurring, thus sending the occasional bubble down through the supply line.

As for those who say their blend is watered down or not strong enough, you simply need to try different blends. It's hard to compare a store bought portion to something you make yourself in an automatic drip machine. Your home brew might contain 30% more coffee the way you make it then the K-cup portion due to your personal strength level. I assure you there are plenty of very strong brews on the market if that's your preference. Shop around or buy trial packs to make your decisions! You can even buy single portions of any brew online at various places.

We have loved this system and given them as gifts with this exact set of instructions. No one we have given one to has had any reason to return one yet. I have also NEVER descaled my system, and see no reason to using distilled water. It's as good as the day we bought it 2 years later.

Hope this helps someone who's having issues or not sure about the product. I wouldn't make it very long without my system, now that I have spoiled myself!

********* 4 Year + update:

Unit still performing flawlessly. We have been running the unit with about 50% distilled water and 50% filtered tap water for the last couple of years, as the chore of remembering the distilled gallons sometimes slips our mind. We are also utilizing one of the "My K-Cup" style filter baskets as well on a regular basis without issue. This unit continues to provide at least 2 cups a day reliably. The hinges, fittings, baskets, buttons, display screen, drip tray, and handle continue to remain in great condition.

I have gotten on somewhat of a latte fix lately, and have been successfully able to produce decent 2x strength coffee utilizing my own fine ground espresso blend coffee and the personal cup filters and an 8oz cup setting. Don't be looking for any crema, but the flavor is there. It will brew very slowly if trying this however, be aware.

To highlight something mentioned in the comments below by sojumonkey, Distilled water may result in a less flavorful cup as the result of no mineral content. Because the directions indicate that filtered water is ok, and since I haven't had any issues using filtered water, I would recommend trying filtered water. Perhaps running distilled water every now and again to help clean the unit. Thanks for the added info!

Cheers coffee lovers!
727 helpful votes
728 helpful votes
2727 comments|Report abuse
on April 2, 2013
Just bought this item last week at Sam's club for $129 and it came with a variety of 30 teas/coffees for the Keurig. I cannot tell you how pleased my wife and I are of this convenient machine that delivers the perfect cup of coffee each time at the right temperature. You simply pour in 32 oz of water (water filter included), turn on machine to allow it to warm up, then place in K-cup, select temperature, and push button on front corresponding to the size of cup you wish. Once that cup button is pushed your coffee brews in under one minute. Clean up is so easy-just remove the K-cup and discard. If you prefer your own coffe and don't mind cleaning a reusable filter (ours came with one from Keurig), then simply add coffee to the filter, remove plastic insert well (where usual k-cup sits) and place reusable filter into the Keurig, select your cup size and brew. I would highly recommend this Keurig since you can change cup size, temperature, and change K-cup or use reusable filter.
394 helpful votes
395 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on November 2, 2014
I bought this Keurig K65 on January 1. Less than 10 months later it quit working. I got up to make a cup of coffee and it barely dripped through. I descaled it 4 times and it was still telling me to descale and wouldn't put the water through at all. I called Keurig and they told me to clean the needle with a toothbrush while I was on the phone with them. Of course that didn't help. To their credit they told me that it was still under warranty and they would replace it. Only catch was. They no longer made this model. Of course not. It was a piece of junk. My options were upgrade to the new 2.0 at no charge or downgrade to the B145. She informed me that the only coffee that would work in the upgrade were the pods with a colored ring around them. That was misinformation because actually the ones that work have a white border. I had lots of coffee that I had purchased that I thought I couldn't use because I thought it had to have a colored ring. So I declined the upgrade and of course settled for the cheaper replacement. Turns out all my coffee would have worked except my Tim Horton and my Gevalia. Seems like the downgrade was a better choice anyway. All the reviews I have read on the new 2.0 are negative and no one is satisfied with it. I really enjoyed my K65 but I am still disappointed because I paid for a more expensive brewer and am now stuck with a cheap replacement.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 12, 2015
When it worked the first week or so it was great. but everything went wrong with it so quickly. i would take out my k cup and instruction manual to get the next fix to that mornings prob.. Even the fix might last thru the day and then i was hitting the 4oz cup brew 3x to get almost 10 oz of bad coffee. Kcups to much $$$ to waste on do overs and coffee needs to be quick in am not a science project.

But if you get one that works, the coffee was good. But i need more coffee to remember those mornings.

BTW if you do the math, you should try to never spend more than 50 cents per K cup. Buy online. on special when free ship and no tax. Sometimes Kuerig.com gave best deals. also Brads deals.
on June 9, 2014
Reason for 2 stars:

Item arrived on the afternoon of the date promised. Item was very well packaged with the box showing no signs of rough handling or having been dropped.

Opened the box and followed the step-by-step directions in section 1 to set-up the brewer for its first use. This consisted of running one brewing sequence without a K-cup installed to prime and flush the system.

After the water heated I did receive the “ready to brew” light so I opened and closed the K-cup handle. At this point the lights for cup size should have started blinking and I would have selected the Small Mug option to continue the sequence. The lights all remained illuminated and none of them were operational. I opened and closed the K-cup handle several times and started the process from the beginning three times before having someone else accomplish these steps (just in case I was having an episode of not being able to follow explicit directions). All subsequent attempts by me and my adult-aged daughter resulted in failure of the brewer to complete the initial brewing set-up process.

I did not contact the seller, Long Glaciers, and I have nothing negative to say about them. Stuff happens and, this time it happened to me. I did contact Keurig Customer Service and informed them of the problem. When I stated that my purchase was not directly from them but with Amazon I was informed there was little to nothing they could do. The young lady was extremely polite but not very helpful in resolving the issue at hand.

I then contacted Amazon customer service expecting more of the same “not our problem” rhetoric (spoken very politely of course). I was wrong. Amazon was awesome! With a brief explanation of my problem the customer service representative had credited back my credit card and informed me of the procedures to return the item. Great work!

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to share this experience since I have not really had the chance to use this brewer. It sure looks nice and the instructions are so simple you should be enjoying your first cup of brewed coffee within a few minutes after it arrives!

I’m sending this to hopefully help anyone who receives an inoperative brewer from this seller or any other. Keep calm, verify it is product failure and not operator error then contact Amazon for procedures to follow. I’m sure Keurig is a wonderful company with fine employees however, in cases where an item is purchased from Amazon, they will tell you “not our problem” in a very polite and friendly manner!
on December 29, 2013
I had read a lot of negative reviews on this coffeemaker, so I was surprised at how much I like it. I was especially surprised at how much my husband likes it, since he is not a coffee addict.

The Keurig makes a good cup of coffee, and I do not like weak, dishwatery coffee. With some blends, I've had to use the smallest cup size, but it's easy to avoid those, once you know what you're looking for. I find that anything labeled dark roast, or especially Sumatra is good. Taste is subjective, but with a little trial and error you will find what suits you.

Our favorite thing is probably the cocoa. The Keurig brand is very good, as is the Swiss Miss. I sometimes put a little bit of milk or cream in the bottom of my cup before brewing, but it's good without any extras too

We also use this for tea. The water gets plenty hot to make tea, either with a K Cup, or with a teabag. In fact, we rather prefer to use the teabags, which are cheaper and produce less waste afterward.

Speaking of waste, we did try the refillable cups, but they don't work for us. They are messy to clean and require a lot of rinsing, and coffee grounds are not something we want to have in our septic system. There are little tiny filters you can buy, but at that point it's getting kind of ridiculous. We stick to the K Cups, which we can put in the trash - still not ideal, of course. People we know, who have had a Keurig for a while, use the refillable cups, dump them, rinse them and put the remnants of grounds through their disposal, but they are on a public sewage system.

I haven't tossed my drip coffeemaker, which I use in the morning when we want a lot of coffee. The Keurig is great for making a cup of something in the afternoon or evening, and we use it a lot more than we thought. It's also very good for when there are people over. I keep a sampler box of K Cups on hand, and everyone can have the blend they prefer. The brewing cycle is pretty fast and no one has to wait long.

I can't comment on the longevity of this machine, which I know has been a problem for some people. If it lasts a year or two, I'll be happy. I don't regret the purchase one bit, and I would buy it again.
1 helpful vote
on November 18, 2015
I have owned a Keurig previously and LOVE them. I ordered this one in early October. We have had a little over a month and it constantly does NOT brew. Sounds like it is trying to brew (motor starts) and then just stops and no brew. I can only assume that I was sent a refurbished one - even though I did not order that OR it is just a defective one. It is expensive and now they will not allow me to return. I am a huge amazon customer and am very disappointed with this experience. When you spend this kind of $ on a coffee system you dont expect it to stop working within 6 weeks and have no ability to do anything about it.
on February 25, 2014
In my household, we never agreed which coffee to make. Mild, Medium, Bold, Flavored, Tea, Hot Chocolate. This coffee maker lets everyone decide for himself what he wants. Everyone gets a fresh cup of coffee, not the last drop or hour long warmed over coffee. We now use the maker for hot cereal. Instead of using it only in the morning, it is used all day long and night. Can offer company a variety of drinks and since it is no trouble, they feel inclined to accept offer. This winter has made me a hot chocolate fan. Place instant cocoa in cup, add hot water, stir and add marshmellows and you are off and running. Why did we suffer so long, when we could have had life's little joy of coffee making anytime of the day or night. Already decided when the time comes for me to go a senior living community the coffee maker will the first item to go with me. LOVE my coffee maker!
5 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Campingon November 10, 2016
Been using ours for 3 years and it still functions perfectly. Be sure to use the filtration kits to keep the minerals in water from accumulating on the coils and you can expect to get a long service life from yours as well.

Easy to use - and with kits to put regular grounds in a mesh cup, cheap to operate.
1 helpful vote
on August 15, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for. I love the programming options, the 3 cup sizes, Built in filter, and the fact that it takes all brands of K-cups. I did not want a 2.0 brewer for that very reason. I had this particular model before and it is one of their more advanced programming ones. Love this one and it is so hard to find, but Amazon had it.