Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 15, 2013
Note: I purchased this ASIN: B000GTR2F6. I received this unit in its place though.

Unboxing:

Item was purchased from Amazon directly; Arrived triple boxed and in perfect condition. I was presently surprised to find a little note from Keurig stating I was amung the first to receive the new K-75 this seems to be a silent upgrade as the UPC, and printed box specs are for the current model B-70.

The unit was packaged securly with an instructional/promotional packet above the top piece of styrofoam that was 1/2 of a steady shell that surround the fully assembled unit. Packet contained a "Buy two get two free offer" for K-Cup packs if purchased from Keurig directly, the owners manual, and the surprise note mentioned above along with specials directions on how to install the included water filter.

Setup:

Setup was easy, and took less than ten minutes complete. (This includes the brewing of the first cup) I found the most difficult part of the process was installing the water filter into the unit, as it must be lowered into the units tank, and seated on an inlet hole towards the rear of the tank. I would say most people would not have an issue with this however, and fully blame my ape hands for the difficulty I encountered.

Use:

The unit was ready for its first brew about 4 minutes after turning it on. Prep is simple and consists of raising the front lever, dropping a K-cup into the hole, closing the lid, and hitting brew. Not much more to say about the possess, it just works. The one thing that did stand out is how quite this unit is from start to finish. It is not much louder that the Bunn pour over machine it replaced!

Misc:

This unit looks great with the blue LED lit tank, and matching buttons. The larger 75oz tank slightly reduces the drip try area as it extends past the base as a result of the larger size. This in no way hinders use of the unit.

The directions for the water filter say each filter pod should be changed every 60 tank fills or every two months; which seems more than reasonable as a three pod replacement pack is about $12.

Brews coffee as well as any of Keurig units I have tried, and water temp is accurate to within 1 degree of its set point measured at the very top of the stream coming out of the unit.

All in all I am very happy with this product, and as a result I just purchased another for my office.
2626 comments| 447 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
Bought the K75 in 2013 for my wife for Christmas, needless to say she loves it. Also to my surprise it still functions perfectly. I'm not a huge coffee guy myself, but spending this much money, I was going to make sure it did everything it says it does.

First thing I did like I'm sure everyone else does is test the water temperature with a thermometer. It wouldn't quite reach the 192 degrees that it says, but, it did come pretty close. Which I guess is understandable, so people don't burn themselves, but don't say you can reach that temp if you cant. My wife just throws her coffee in the microwave if she wants for a few seconds, if she isn't going to drink it for a while, before she puts it in her thermos.

Next, we really don't use the water filtering kit after we threw away our first filter after the 2 months, we have a reverse osmosis filtering system in our house, but if you have unfiltered water in your house it might be nice. However, I would recommend just buying a separate filtering pitcher for your refrigerator if you don't have filtered water, then at least you can use the water in the pitcher for other things like cooking and drinking.

Lastly, I guess my wife does love the system, though, and she's the coffee drinker in the house so I have to take her word for it. I know she likes to make the tea, coffee and we both drink the hot chocolate. She loves the versatility of all the different flavors and things to make, and especially the fact that it's a relatively quiet machine. The timer is also a big thing for her and really helps if your forgetful in the morning, and cleaning the machine is not difficult. It does take up a little more room than other models but if you have the room it isn't too bad, and it looks really nice.

So, overall, I give this four stars. The rating would be a 5 if it was up to my wife, but I don't like the fact it wont get as hot as it says it can.
on June 6, 2014
This coffee brewing system is wonderful. However, I wanted to make sure that people make the right choice as to where to purchase it from.

The product arrived, packaged only in the product box with an address sticker stuck on. The box was crunched on all four corners, and on the top. The inside styrofoam packaging was broken in several places, and even the user manual was bent and crinkled. A small plastic piece (nice of a finger nail) was broken off of the water tank, and the machine itself had a few scratches. We didn't send it back because we thought it would get beaten up even more.... The product is functional, but I have never seen such a careless and horrible packing job. These people should be ashamed. The price was also higher... I should have bought it at BB&B with my 25% coupon...
Be careful...!

But as mentioned in the beginning, the product itself is great and I highly recommend it, just buy it somewhere else...
on December 10, 2015
This expensive machine is the 2nd one of its kind that I've bought. Each one lasted about a year before delivering the message "prime" in the menu window, after which it could not be made to work in any way. Prime seems to be an instruction of some kind, but nothing works to correct the problem. The menu buttons become completely unresponsive. While it's working, it makes quite a good cup of coffee or tea and is easy to use, but for the price, it should last a lot more than a year. I will probably buy another, cheaper model because I like the system of one-cup brewing and because I still have a lot of K-cups and cleaning paraphernalia which would otherwise go to waste, but I have now become leery of Keurig products and will probably try to phase them out in favor of another, more reliable and long-lasting system. I have not contacted Keurig, either through Amazon or directly, to see if they would make good on this purchase, but my experience has been that repairing this kind of machine is usually more trouble than it's worth - if you can get it done at all. Caveat emptor.
on February 16, 2015
Just received my second Keurig 2.0 and am extremely disappointed with it. I had purchased a B75 to replace my older B70 that stopped heating the coffee up, had to put into microwave to heat up my cup of coffee. The B75 was pricey but wanted the same brewer. When I received the new brewer it would not keep a prime. Called Keurig and they said they are not making the B75 anymore and they would replace it with the NEW 2.0 system. First of all you cannot use old k-cups in this machine. You can only use boxes that have a circle with a check on them that says good for all Keurig’s on the outside of the box. Yet another disappointment is that the auto brew setting only works for the carafe and not for individual k-cups. I was really looking forward to waking up to a cup of coffee again. Even if I was willing to brew a whole carafe, there are currently only a couple options for the carafe cup size. If you use the Carafe to brew 4-5 of their cup size you can only get 2 ½ cup from it to fill a mug that is 16 oz. If you use the single packs to brew a cup of coffee you only have 4, 6, 8, and 10 oz. to pick from and again do not fill a 16 oz. mug, looks like you are only getting a partial cup of coffee. Now to my original problem of not HOT coffee. The New 2.0 system only puts out 170 to 180 degree temp coffee, if you add creamer from the frig you will cool down the cup to 160/ 170 degrees. The coffee cools off and you are putting it in the microwave to warm it up before you can finish. Fortunately Keurig has a very good customer service department, Gave them a call to help with my problems, there reply was internal water temp is 192 degrees and I could preheat the creamer and mug before I brew the coffee. On the hot water side of the brewer, you can only get 6oz of hot water at a time, to fill a mug you have to lift lever and do it again to get 12oz of hot water for Tea. So in summary, I was hoping this machine would take the place of my old B75 Keurig. Even though this model seems loaded with features, the restrictions are TERRIBLE! The older models you get much more flexibility, but they are very hard to find and cost more than the 2.0 system. On a positive note, other companies are cracking Keurig's special way of creating their k-cups which mean there will be ways to beat the system. Overall, Great Looking product but EXTREMELY BAD features in my opinion.
on June 27, 2016
Worst product ever. It is unbelievable to me how many people write that their machine broke soon after purchase (and not just on this but on other Keurig's, it's what they are known for) and yet this still has an overall high rating?? The current price on this is not what I paid but I did pay over $200 and it first broke about a month into owning it. My handy husband managed to fix it and it happened a few more times. This last month it broke for good, less than two years after purchase. Needless to say, we will never waste another dime on any Keurig. We purchased a Cuisinart that is 100 times better for less money. If you don't want to be hugely disappointed, do not buy this product. At over $490, this is a crime.
on October 10, 2014
Based on the machine itself, I probably would have given this product five stars. But in comparison to other brewers in Keurig's lineup, I would have given it three.

Why? Well, in comparison to Keurig's other brewers, the K75 seems unnecessarily expensive for the few extras it offers. It has a larger water reservoir. That's nice, but not that much. It has a two part lid for said reservoir - instead of effortlessly taking off the entire lid, you can open a flap on the lid to pour in more water. I have no idea how someone decided that was a good idea. It does have two more brew size options. The smallest option is laughably small, probably close to the volume of a single shot of espresso. I have used the added extra large size on occasion for travel mugs, though.

The only thing that may really set it apart from its little brother, the K60, is the water filter. I can't tell much from Amazon, but I don't see anything on the K60's page that mentions a replaceable filter. I've talked with other Kuerig owners that have said they have to always use filtered water, and at least one who used regular tap water and had theirs break sooner than it should have. This model has a filter that allows you to use tap water without worry. If this is the case, then I suppose that the K75 is worth the price over Keurig's other offerings.

But outside of these complaints, this machine works as you would expect a Keurig to work. Coffee tastes great, although it won't win any awards with coffee snobs (which I am not). Easy to operate, and brews very fast. Just do yourself a favor and buy a third-party refillable K-cup. Cuts your operating expense as well as physical waste down to a fraction of what it would be otherwise.
on November 22, 2014
We have owned several coffee makers made by various manufacturers that use Keurig cups over the years and none of them has lasted more than two or three years. I'm begining to wonder if the Keurig brewing process, which is probably still under patent and leased to the manufacturers, is seriously flawed.

This product, though, took the prize for the fastest death. I Had reservations about buying it because everyone I know who has purchased a machine under the Keurig label has had problems. Based on the Amazon reviews, though, this seemed like a good product. The first morning we used it, it produced exactly three cups of coffee and then stopped working properly. Like all of the other machines we have owned, it would start to brew a cup and then manage to sputter out a few drops of coffee before stopping completely. Water ran freely though it when I removed the coffee pod, but as soon as I tried it with a fresh K-cup the same problem would occur. So I packed it back up and shipped it back to Amazon. Amazing shoddy. I'm just glad the shipping fees were covered by my Prime account.
on December 16, 2014
Great coffee maker when it works. Less than two weeks after buying this coffeemaker, it started intermittently brewing only a few ounces of coffee regardless of the size chosen. Will be sending this one back and hoping that the replacement works better.

While, with our differing schedules, we love the single cup brewers for their convenience it's frustrating that we have to replace expensive coffeemakers so frequently. Over the years we've gone through a number of Keurig brewers, needing to replace them anywhere form every few months to a year. With the exception of the commercial brewer that I have in my office, the pumps give out much sooner than they should for the price.
on January 29, 2015
Worked great at first.... then... the dreaded prime error. I figured out how to resolve it and get the machine working. As it turns out, the filter built into the base of the water reservoir develolped water bubbles inside of it. Because of the surface tension of water in the size of the mesh, there was no way to break these bubbles up aside from completely draining the water out including pressing the valve on the bottom to remove all the water from that filter. Then you could fill the reservoir up with water and it would work again.... for a cup... maybe two if we were lucky. This got old real quick.... Thank you Amazon for having a reasonable return policy but it only worked out because ours went bust within the first 30 days. Lesson learned on Keurig is to buy it from Costco because they have a stand by the members return policy allowing you to take it back after the first 30 days.