Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on February 15, 2013
Note: I purchased this ASIN: B000GTR2F6. I received this unit in its place though.

Unboxing:

Item was purchased from Amazon directly; Arrived triple boxed and in perfect condition. I was presently surprised to find a little note from Keurig stating I was amung the first to receive the new K-75 this seems to be a silent upgrade as the UPC, and printed box specs are for the current model B-70.

The unit was packaged securly with an instructional/promotional packet above the top piece of styrofoam that was 1/2 of a steady shell that surround the fully assembled unit. Packet contained a "Buy two get two free offer" for K-Cup packs if purchased from Keurig directly, the owners manual, and the surprise note mentioned above along with specials directions on how to install the included water filter.

Setup:

Setup was easy, and took less than ten minutes complete. (This includes the brewing of the first cup) I found the most difficult part of the process was installing the water filter into the unit, as it must be lowered into the units tank, and seated on an inlet hole towards the rear of the tank. I would say most people would not have an issue with this however, and fully blame my ape hands for the difficulty I encountered.

Use:

The unit was ready for its first brew about 4 minutes after turning it on. Prep is simple and consists of raising the front lever, dropping a K-cup into the hole, closing the lid, and hitting brew. Not much more to say about the possess, it just works. The one thing that did stand out is how quite this unit is from start to finish. It is not much louder that the Bunn pour over machine it replaced!

Misc:

This unit looks great with the blue LED lit tank, and matching buttons. The larger 75oz tank slightly reduces the drip try area as it extends past the base as a result of the larger size. This in no way hinders use of the unit.

The directions for the water filter say each filter pod should be changed every 60 tank fills or every two months; which seems more than reasonable as a three pod replacement pack is about $12.

Brews coffee as well as any of Keurig units I have tried, and water temp is accurate to within 1 degree of its set point measured at the very top of the stream coming out of the unit.

All in all I am very happy with this product, and as a result I just purchased another for my office.
2626 comments| 448 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 10, 2015
This expensive machine is the 2nd one of its kind that I've bought. Each one lasted about a year before delivering the message "prime" in the menu window, after which it could not be made to work in any way. Prime seems to be an instruction of some kind, but nothing works to correct the problem. The menu buttons become completely unresponsive. While it's working, it makes quite a good cup of coffee or tea and is easy to use, but for the price, it should last a lot more than a year. I will probably buy another, cheaper model because I like the system of one-cup brewing and because I still have a lot of K-cups and cleaning paraphernalia which would otherwise go to waste, but I have now become leery of Keurig products and will probably try to phase them out in favor of another, more reliable and long-lasting system. I have not contacted Keurig, either through Amazon or directly, to see if they would make good on this purchase, but my experience has been that repairing this kind of machine is usually more trouble than it's worth - if you can get it done at all. Caveat emptor.
on October 10, 2014
Based on the machine itself, I probably would have given this product five stars. But in comparison to other brewers in Keurig's lineup, I would have given it three.

Why? Well, in comparison to Keurig's other brewers, the K75 seems unnecessarily expensive for the few extras it offers. It has a larger water reservoir. That's nice, but not that much. It has a two part lid for said reservoir - instead of effortlessly taking off the entire lid, you can open a flap on the lid to pour in more water. I have no idea how someone decided that was a good idea. It does have two more brew size options. The smallest option is laughably small, probably close to the volume of a single shot of espresso. I have used the added extra large size on occasion for travel mugs, though.

The only thing that may really set it apart from its little brother, the K60, is the water filter. I can't tell much from Amazon, but I don't see anything on the K60's page that mentions a replaceable filter. I've talked with other Kuerig owners that have said they have to always use filtered water, and at least one who used regular tap water and had theirs break sooner than it should have. This model has a filter that allows you to use tap water without worry. If this is the case, then I suppose that the K75 is worth the price over Keurig's other offerings.

But outside of these complaints, this machine works as you would expect a Keurig to work. Coffee tastes great, although it won't win any awards with coffee snobs (which I am not). Easy to operate, and brews very fast. Just do yourself a favor and buy a third-party refillable K-cup. Cuts your operating expense as well as physical waste down to a fraction of what it would be otherwise.
on November 22, 2014
We have owned several coffee makers made by various manufacturers that use Keurig cups over the years and none of them has lasted more than two or three years. I'm begining to wonder if the Keurig brewing process, which is probably still under patent and leased to the manufacturers, is seriously flawed.

This product, though, took the prize for the fastest death. I Had reservations about buying it because everyone I know who has purchased a machine under the Keurig label has had problems. Based on the Amazon reviews, though, this seemed like a good product. The first morning we used it, it produced exactly three cups of coffee and then stopped working properly. Like all of the other machines we have owned, it would start to brew a cup and then manage to sputter out a few drops of coffee before stopping completely. Water ran freely though it when I removed the coffee pod, but as soon as I tried it with a fresh K-cup the same problem would occur. So I packed it back up and shipped it back to Amazon. Amazing shoddy. I'm just glad the shipping fees were covered by my Prime account.
on September 18, 2013
Loved it until it broke last week. Will only fill cup 1-2 inches, makes terrible noise and have take out and reinsert the water container just to get that. Pretty much dead now.
on June 23, 2013
I purchased my Keurig K75 two months ago (to replace a short-lived Keurig B130). I love this brewer, especially the water reservoir, temperature adjustment and the cup size selection (i.e., from espresso to large travel mug) features. It's very convenient and it makes a good cup of coffee. Definitely recommended!

This brewer uses disposable, charcoal filter cartridges (good for about 2 months each) in the water reservoir which you purchase separately. Keurig also recommends filling the reservoir with filtered water.

Besides making regular K-cup coffee, I also like to use K-cup espresso for an ultra-quick version of café au lait and/ or single-shot latte. That is, I warm skim milk (in a travel mug) in my microwave and, then, brew an espresso-sized cup right into the mug. If you don't miss the foam, it's a quick and inexpensive alternative to the local coffee shop.

Although everything is fine so far with the Keurig K75, after my experience with my previous Keurig brewer (and other reviewers' comments on Keurig brewers), I purchased an inexpensive 3-year warranty from Square Trade on this Keurig (just in case).

UPDATE as of June, 2014. My Keurig brewers (i.e., one in the house and one in the RV) are still working perfectly with no problems.

UPDATE as of January, 2015. Both brewers are still working perfectly, and we still love them!

UPDATE as of January, 2016. Both brewers are still going strong!
 Owned a Keurig K75 for two years, always worked perfectly and made decent enough coffee. I had a friend talk me into trying herTassimo, and it definitely made a better tasting "black" coffee, even trying several different brands. So, I bought a Tassimo and gave my Keurig to a friend who'd wanted a good single-cup machine but couldn't really afford one on her budget.

So, fast forward about two weeks... nothing but problems with the Tassimo. Clogged water lines, ridiculously loud, even after descaling.

I also found the price per cup of coffee to be far higher with the Tassimo.

I though I'd try my first video review here...
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2014
Bought this as a safety valve for the current K75 we already use. Have had the K75 for over a year now and like it so much wanted to have a backup because the new renderings from Kuerig do not have the same features, particularly the cup sizes. Plus the new 2.0 does not accept the older K cups which was an issue since we buy the K cups in bulk. The unit is a bit fragile on the handle but it will last if treated properly. Unlike some of the reviews, we've not had any problems. Initially it stopped drawing water but called customer service and they taught us how to clean and maintain it. The agent stayed on the line with us until the unit worked. Very satisfied with the unit and support.
on December 3, 2014
Great little machine. It makes decent tea or coffee in as little as 30 seconds. The K-cup system is very convenient and there's little to no cleanup when you're done. All of the coffee or teas I've tried in it so far are decent, though it makes coffee better than it makes tea. Being a bit of a tea snob, I still think the tea from this machine is decent if you set the size setting on either medium or one size smaller.

Pros:Quick, easy, convenient way to make a cup of coffee or tea

Cons: Only makes one cup at a time, don't go over the medium size setting with coffee or tea unless you like it to taste watery. Hot chocolate and apple cider are not very good, even at the lower size settings they taste very watery. Avoid hot chocolate and cider and stick with coffee and tea in this machine.
on December 3, 2012
I ordered this coffee maker after reading good reviews at various sites. It has performed wonderfully. I love the extra small setting for instant oatmeal in the morning. My previous Keurig only had 3 cup size settings, none of which were right for my oatmeal. Now I prepare my oatmeal, change the cup size and make my morning coffee. By the time my coffee is made, I can sit and enjoy my breakfast!