Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 20, 2015
I don't believe these filters are made by Keurig. I own 3 OEM My K-Cup filter assembly sets. I bought these because they were advertised as made by Keurig. Here's what I found:

1) These filters are taller than the OEM filter - I placed them side by side on a level surface and the lip of the OEM filter slides beneath this filter. There is not a lot of difference, but clearly they are not manufactured where the OEM filters were.
2) The lip of this filter is not flat - look at it on-edge and you will see that the lip is wavy - not a hallmark of an OEM Keurig filter. The plastic is also thinner at the lip.
I purchased 3 sets of these replacement filters from this seller and they all have these characteristics. I have tested them and found that the wavy lip does not promote a tight seal when brewing.
I would not have purchased these filters had they not been branded as manufactured by Keurig. It really does make a difference.

They do work, just not as well, I believe because the lip doesn't make a good seal when in use..
on September 28, 2017
Perfect. Don't waste money on K-cup coffee. Buy your own beans and grind them at home. Fill the filter basket 3/4s full and brew. If the coffee is on the weak side, your grind is too coarse. Experiment in small batches until you nail it!

I don't mind a little coffee debris on the bottom of my mug. No biggie. Bugs some people. In that case, buy K-cup filters. However, the filters slow down the water flow, resulting in a smaller cup.
on July 31, 2017
These are great for using a Keurig AND saving the planet. Well not really saving but NOT adding to the landfill with those disposable K-cups. I've used these for years and will continue to do so. They don't last forever and are worth replacing.
on June 8, 2016
Works like it should
There isn't a K-Cup coffee pod out there that can beat grinding your own freshest coffee beans and the average cup of making your own coffee is at a fraction of the costs.

There was a person here who posted the perfect permanent method and that is to buy the replacement metal mesh filters from Keurig.com which are $9.99 for a pair.

We bought two pair for a total of 5; one came with the coffee maker. We trimmed the edge of a few of the K-Cups we got with our coffee maker for safe keeping. Trimming the edge will allow the metal mesh filter to fit perfect in the "pod" holster and screw the gray lid snugly.

We use a Food Saver and Mason Jars to store our coffee. We prepare the filters just prior to loading them each and every day and each and every evening, Cleanup is incredibly easy and reloading them equally easy.

The average cost of Paul Newman's brand at Wal-Mart is $9.88 or $10.77 counting 9 percent tax. That's 60 cents per cup which is simply ridiculous. I don't deny you can find it cheaper elsewhere; my problem is I've yet to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee via these little devils.

We bought 6 K-Caps and they have their place too but we found the coffee weaker due to having to use less coffee than the metal mesh but come in handy in a pinch.

We've done our fair share of experimenting and both K-Caps and the reusable filters and give the nod to the metal filters.

For those of you who grind your own beans; we found fine-medium is the same as what are in the pre-made K-cups.

To those of you who had some really wonderful tips; thank you very, very much!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2014
Since my wife likes different coffee than I do, and I'm always looking for convenient ways to do things, this works great for us doing our own thing. I only use K cups, and she likes to make her own brew using coffee beans not available in the K cup product line. She will grind the beans and fill these little filter cups and place it into the special holder that comes with most K cup machines. You Cannot use these without the special holder, and if you do, you will have a mess. Using the special holder with these filter baskets makes it a breeze and the benefit will be coffee your unable to find in the Keurig K cup design. These are relatively cheap, easy to clean (Rinse under water after tapping out the used grounds in the kitchen waste bag) and worth every penny.
on January 7, 2013
If you have a Keurig Coffee Maker, these are the filter baskets to purchase. They are the Keurig brand and very well made. I recently received a Keurig coffee maker but the "pods" are costly and the coffee, although very good, is a bit strong for my taste. I like my coffee "black" (nothing added) and have become addicted to Maxwell House. I usually prepare three cups of weak coffee in my conventional coffee maker daily. Well, I made a single cup in my Keurig using one of the Reusable K-Cup Baskets. I couldn't believe the results! The coffee is much better than I experience in my "regular" coffee maker. I doubt that the superior flavor is my imagination but what I had expected to be more effort was making the coffee a cup at a time. It was much easier than using my conventional coffee maker. I have both coffee makers on my kitchen counter. I'll probably "retire" my multi-cup regular coffee maker now. And what is most important is that I won't need to "invest" in expensive prepackaged "pods". I can continue to enjoy my regular coffee. I'm very happy! I did look at some other refillable coffee filters on Amazon and I selected these Keurig filters. I'm glad I did. They are well constructed and should last a long time. Be sure you seat the refillable filter properly. The first time I use it, I didn't have it seated properly and it would not start the brewing process. Scared me for a moment and then I reseated it and all was fine.
on January 7, 2018
I bought these filters because the K-cups are wasteful and expensive. We drink a lot of coffee and the plastic k-cups are a nuisance to empty for recycling and make a mess. The filters last for a long time so they are a great value. Works perfectly in my Keurig
on April 2, 2014
So glad that I purchased these...My husband and I are "tightwads" and though I have my Keurig, which btw I Love, buying k-cups can get expensive. My husband, children and grandchildren purchased the keurig for me for my birthday, along with a refillable filter basket and housing unit thing. It's great because my husband can get up at his usual 4:30a.m. have his one cup of coffee and then I use it for my coffee when I get up at 5:30, but I ain't gonna lie, cleaning wet coffee grounds out of these baskets are a bit of a pain, not bad, just a little annoying, (actually it's not bad at all if you use a teaspoon to get the grounds out, just being lazy I guess)
anyway, my solution, buy a few more filter baskets, that way I have a fresh one to use when I make my cup(s) of coffee. When I get home from work the grounds are pretty dry and you can almost just shake them into the compost bin, give the baskets a rinse and you're ready for the alarm to ring at 4:30a.m! I <3 Coffee!!!
on January 10, 2018
The product arrived on time, in perfect condition, however it does not fit the K55! The K55 baskets are a little longer and skinnier at top, and these ones are shorter and just a little wider at top. It is the "wider at top" that's problematic and so it just won't slide into the K55!
Anyway, although this is really my problem, and I could have asked, I'd ordered it anyway as, at $4, it's not a very big deal and I'll give it to someone who has a model that these will fit. However, the product description could be updated to specify the model lines (2.0 etc????), that it would fit.
Anyway, I cannot recommend using reusable filter baskets enough!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2018
These filters are so great and work perfectly. The reuasable k cup holder doesn’t come with enough filters to rotate through often so I needed to purchase replacements and these were perfect. They were a great price and hold up perfectly. I even throw them in the dishwasher on the top rack and they stay in perfect condition. Will definitely repurchase if I need more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse