Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 8, 2016
Works like it should
There isn't a K-Cup coffee pod out there that can beat grinding your own freshest coffee beans and the average cup of making your own coffee is at a fraction of the costs.

There was a person here who posted the perfect permanent method and that is to buy the replacement metal mesh filters from Keurig.com which are $9.99 for a pair.

We bought two pair for a total of 5; one came with the coffee maker. We trimmed the edge of a few of the K-Cups we got with our coffee maker for safe keeping. Trimming the edge will allow the metal mesh filter to fit perfect in the "pod" holster and screw the gray lid snugly.

We use a Food Saver and Mason Jars to store our coffee. We prepare the filters just prior to loading them each and every day and each and every evening, Cleanup is incredibly easy and reloading them equally easy.

The average cost of Paul Newman's brand at Wal-Mart is $9.88 or $10.77 counting 9 percent tax. That's 60 cents per cup which is simply ridiculous. I don't deny you can find it cheaper elsewhere; my problem is I've yet to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee via these little devils.

We bought 6 K-Caps and they have their place too but we found the coffee weaker due to having to use less coffee than the metal mesh but come in handy in a pinch.

We've done our fair share of experimenting and both K-Caps and the reusable filters and give the nod to the metal filters.

For those of you who grind your own beans; we found fine-medium is the same as what are in the pre-made K-cups.

To those of you who had some really wonderful tips; thank you very, very much!
on August 20, 2017
The filter baskets wear out so having new ones on hand means never having to go without a cup of coffee in the morning.
on August 1, 2014
Not Keurig unless repackaged in a generic clear plastic bag, no box. No matter really 'cause they are the exact match to replace our basket that my sister accidentally tossed. They work perfectly. We had bought one of the kind with the lid attached and it did not work well at all so I'd avoid those and stick to what Keurig actually uses.
on October 16, 2017
Awesome for making regular coffee. Great to have extras! Awesome product!Highly recommend!
on June 6, 2013
The product works as well or better than the original supplied with the filter unit. It does not come packaged in a box and is sent bubbled wrap in a mailer. I ordered (2) 2 packs of which two were slightly damaged probably during shipping. The vendor took care of this quickly and to my satisfaction. There are some very minor differences from the original strainer, but they work well and are available at a great price. I would purchase from this vendor again even with the minor inconvenience.

Advantage: By having more strainers available, it makes it much more convenient to serve multiple cups of coffee at one time by not have to clean the one and only strainer for each cup of coffee. When I'm ready, I rinse them out and put them in a dishwasher cage to wash with a normal load. For the coffee lover; You get a greater choice of coffees that are available in bags that are not available in Keurig packaged cups. And it cost a lot less as well.
on June 23, 2017
They technically work but are a bit too short to hold enough coffee for my tastes
on December 16, 2014
Love love love it. Not only can you save money by buying "regular" style coffees and making your own cups, it helps save the environment by not using plastic in a single disposable manner, it also has available paper sized filters, it you simply must. Best of all, you can use QUALITY coffee beans to have your morning cup or make anytime, anyplace specialty teas and fruit blends for healing.

Superb invention. Wish it were included with ever Keurig machine sold as a mandatory accessory.

Makes a great stocking stuffer or simple gift for the coffee lover in your life. And be sure to use distilled water in your machine.
on October 16, 2016
These are exactly what I was expecting! They work well and brew coffee without a problem in my Keurig.
on February 9, 2013
I was pleased with it. I read the reviews, and a lot of reviewers talked about the lead around the top of this replacement "filter". Mine also leaks if I just use fresh ground coffee without a top or a gasket. I've tried a couple of fittings to see if I can make my own gasket: I first tried a used K cup that I emptied out and washed the filter, but it too leaked. Then I tried a thin homemade gasket out of the plastic lid of a yogurt cup, and it reduces the amount of coffee grounds that ends up in my final brew. So this product does work, it allows me to make a good cup of coffee with my fresh ground coffee beans, but I still get a few coffee grounds in my cup. I'm happy a bought 2 but I do hope someone will come up with something that will allow us customers to use our own home-ground beans to make a fresh K cup of coffee, as I got the K-cup coffee maker when I got tired of the variable coffee brews with my old drip coffee maker.
on July 31, 2012
It's okay and good to have several of these, but my choice is Solofill.

Brew/Strength:
I'm not sure if Solofill is better than Ekobrew. Size-wise, Eko seems to hold more coffee. Both are better than the My K-Cup Reusable.
Note: I've tried -- contrary to everyone's instructions -- "packing" the coffee as well. Loose or "packed," I think Solo and Eko are basically about the same.

Cleaning:
I read somewhere that Ekobrew is easier to clean but time and time again, Solofill really only requires one tap (lid closed), then popping it open (and everything comes out). Ekobrew, the coffee ALWAYS stays in that bottom wedge section. In fact, I'd say that Solofil is easier to clean than the My K-cup Reusable.
Note: And yes, letting it dry is key.

Other thoughts:
The Solofill packaging (the merchandise packaging) is silly. It's like those old-school CD plastic packaging where plastic and air is wasted and opening it will draw blood. I don't think customers care -- just throw it in a small bag or cardboard box.