Kevin D. Murray
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Kevin D. Murray
Hey, thanks for stopping by!
The book, Is My Cell Phone Bugged? evolved from working with my corporate clients to solve this common problem. As smart cell phones became more popular, calls for help also began to flood in from average cell phone users. Problem. My time is limited. Solution. A book became the best way for me to help everyone solve this soul violating problem. Thank you for buying the book. Your support is helping the cause.
I am really a security consultant with an unusual specialty - eavesdropping detection and counterespionage strategy development. My firm's work includes discovering unauthorized electronic surveillance (audio, video and tracking), Wi-Fi security testing, business espionage detection and prevention.
Murray Associates clients are generally businesses, governments and at-risk individuals. Our headquarters is in the New York City area, and we regularly travel throughout the U.S. and abroad for our clients. It never gets boring. Each case is unique, and we have a successful three-decade-long track record.
If counterespionage and privacy interests you, please visit me at spybusters.com to see how my team and I search for electronic eavesdropping devices (a methodology also referred to as TSCM, for technical surveillance countermeasures). Be sure to catch the HBO episode of us conducting a Washington, DC sweep, and the Discovery Channel segment highlighting our advanced instrumentation.
The History Section of the site is just as fascinating. There, you will find stories about: The Great Seal Bug, The Martini Olive Bug, and insights into many of the 'personalities' from wiretap and bugging history. Pop quiz... Who discovered the Watergate break-in?*
Talking business for a moment, if the eavesdropping detection portion of your corporate security program needs upgrading (When was your office last checked?), please contact me. I can help.
*Answer: Security guard, Frank Wills.
Titles By Kevin D. Murray
* eavesdrop on my cell phone calls?
* get my text messages almost as fast as I do?
* access my voice mails?
* steal my contacts list?
* send fake messages from my phone?
* make my phone dial someone else?
* receive a text revealing the length of my calls?
* receive a text alert whenever I use my phone?
* send me texts using a fake number?
* get my new number, although I switched phones?
* get the numbers I called, and who called me?
* track me using my phone's GPS?
* track me although my phone doesn't have GPS?
* trick me into installing spyware?
* remotely activate my phone's microphone and eavesdrop on me when I am not using the phone?
IS MY CELL PHONE BUGGED? answers these common questions (yes) and teaches you what you can do about it.
In IS MY CELL PHONE BUGGED?, eavesdropping detection specialist Kevin
D. Murray draws from over 30 years experience and detailed research to
show readers how to retake control of their privacy. He does this by
explaining technology in simple terms; separating fact from fiction;
exposing myths and providing sound advice - developed over years of
working with his clients and solving their information security
problems. In fact, reading this book is a similar experience to hiring
your own credentialed security consultant.
Mr. Murray explains...
* How to tell if your cell phone is infected with spyware.
* How to prove someone is spying and identify them.
* The best ways to get rid of the spyware.
* What you should do to keep spyware off you phone in the first place.
* What you should never do.
* How almost any phone can be turned into an eavesdropping device without using spyware.
* How not to be taken by spyware scams and "experts".
* How to choose the most secure mobile phone for your purposes.
* Simple do-it-yourself forensics.
* Privacy law.
* Caller-ID myths and realities.
* How to stop unwanted texts and e-mails, and more.
Additional topics covered include...
* GSM Bugs.
* Home cordless phones.
* Wireless telephone headsets.
* Bluetooth bugging.
* Precautions to take.
* U.S. Eavesdropping laws.
* Warning signs your phone is bugged with spyware.
* How your conversations get out in ways you don't expect.
* Pre-bugged cell phones, and more.
This book is an invaluable tool--from a professional security
strategist--for everyone who wants privacy when using their mobile
smartphones or household cordless phones. It also makes a thoughtful
gift for loved ones, friends and employees.
Graphics illustrate common residential phone wiring scenarios and locations where wiretaps are most often found.
Do not spend a penny on wiretap detection gadgets. Do not hire a "sweeper." Find out what you can and should do first to stop the problem and regain your privacy. There is an excellent chance you can solve the problem yourself.
Quit Tapping Me was written by an independent and certified professional security consultant with over three decades of corporate counterespionage experience.
• Intellectual Property Theft
• Eavesdropping & Wiretapping
• Competitive Intelligence Surveillance
They are some of the top pick-pockets in business, and most businesses are getting their pocket picked this way.
Business Spies is an instant education which will help you solve these problems. The "top 10 spy-busting tips" is actually a large collection of tips aimed at the top 10 methods of business espionage.
• Over 100 warnings and easy to implement protection tips.
• Learn how most business espionage is conducted.
• Concentrate on combating the ten most-often used spy tricks.
• Create a basic counterespionage strategy on-the-spot.
• Comes with a special companion web page with links to definitions and additional information.
• Learn the basic countermeasures to successfully thwart spies.
• Integrate this new strategy into your existing security plan.
• Be the smart one who outwits the spy and saves the day.
Just one tip could save you thousands of dollars.
"This mini-course should be a semester in all business schools." G.M.
Written by an independent and certified professional security consultant with over three decades of corporate counterespionage experience.
• Learn what to do... and what not to do.
• Follow the check-list to solve the problem once and for all.
• Avoid the biggest, money-wasting mistakes most people make.
Personal privacy invasion is devastating. There is also the hurt when those around you become skeptical and call you paranoid.
This do-it-yourself, step-by-step guide is both simple and logical. It will will help you...
• Determine whether the problem is real or coincidence. • Provide circumstantial evidence indicating who is doing it.
• Discover what method of spying is being used.
• Focus in on where the spying device is located.
• Decide what to do next once a problem is proven to exist.
The secret to solving spy and snoop problems is not obvious. Instinctively, people want to "find the bug" – the worst first step. They needlessly spend money on spy detection gadgets or incompetent sweep services. The element of surprise is lost. The snoop goes free and plans the next attack so that it will be even harder to detect.
Quit Bugging Me was written by an independent and certified professional security consultant with over three decades of corporate counterespionage experience.