Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 30, 2017
These shirts are perfect. They indeed are a bit larger than what you'd get from other manufacturers in the same size, but that is REFRESHING for some of us bigger folks who buy a T and get something that's too short at the bottom, cut weird in the chest area, and just don't quite fit. If one orders a "tall" version, it's long enough but seems they narrowed the rest of the fit, etc, etc.

Key, on the other hand, NAILED it! First time buying this brand, bought 2, they arrived today and I am so impressed I just ordered 2 more! The fabric is light but not flimsy. Extremely comfortable. I also noticed that the package indicated a "relaxed fit", which is how I like my Ts to fit. Not baggy, but not constraining either, juuuust right.

So glad I found these, and Key is reading this, PLEASE keep up the great work and don't change a thing!! Excellent pricing, excellent quality, excellent fit. So happy!!!!
10 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2016
These shirts are decent, but they are much thinner than you would expect for something advertising itself as "heavyweight." My other issue with them is that most of the TALL shirts shrink to normal height. It's very annoying. It's as if they took a regular shirt, stretched the cotton to expand the height, and then when you wash them they go back to normal. I think 1 or 2 out of 7 shirts basically held its height. I hope they fix this.
6 people found this helpful
on May 24, 2015
WOW someone actually makes TRUE TO SIZE T-SHIRTS(okay I only ordered 3 GREY ones to try out)...These are the REAL SIZES that we all used to be able to buy....These are very good quality and are actually the RIGHT SIZE....For years in order for many companies to not raise prices to much they had cut down on the fabric used. Which means we were getting smaller sizes, just like they do with food packaging...These shirts at $10 a piece i thought were a little expensive, but when you factor in there a REAL SHIRT, heavy made, good stitching, and actually sized right, and holds up after washing...I have bought other shirts from everywhere and they would fit right out of the package but once washed they would SHRINK 1-2 sizes.....I was wearing a 3XL from the stores and ordered a XL from here and these fit perfect and still fit after washing
7 people found this helpful
on September 25, 2015
Good quality material and assembly. BUT... the SIZE... huh??? We ordered a MEDIUM TALL for my 13-yr-old (that usually means a medium that is a little longer than usual). There are labaled Med-Tall, but are easily X-Larges by any other maker's sizing. Way larger than the Large-Talls I get from Eddie Bauer. I have no idea where Key Apparel they gets their sizing standards from.

I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs. These are too big for me, but I'm going to wear them anyway, harkening back to the 90's and oversized shirts.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 18, 2018
This is a very nicely constructed shirt, which is why I gave it the 5 stars. I prefer the older Champion shirts, but in the past few years they have changed their sizing and run a little smaller. These Key Apparel shirts are similar in feel to the Champion shirts, but the sizing isn't the same. I wear a 3X in the old Champion shirts (the ones available today in 3X are a little too tight and short) and a 3XT in the Fruit of the Loom. Compared to those two brands, this 3XLT runs bigger. The length isn't too bad, but the sleeves run past my elbows, making it feel like a hockey jersey. I have a 3XL on the way, so I will update this once I receive that.

UPDATE 2/20/18: I received the 3XL and it is definitely a better fit, especially when compared to the FotL 3XT and Champion 3X. The fit is on par with the old Champion shirts. Just know that I am not referring to the newer ones as they are a little tighter than the ones they made about 2 or 3 years ago. I hope this helps those looking to pick any of these up.
on September 23, 2012
I have a BIG beer gut. I normally wear a 2X-Large when buying sport shirts, but I order my tee shirts in a size 3X-Large-Tall to insure that they are roomy and stay tucked under my waistband after navigating around my belly. Well, be careful what you wish for. These Key Industries Heavyweight Pocket Tee Shirts were surely manufactured by Omar the Tent Maker! They are HUGE!!! Which would be okay, except that the necklines are also HUGE. I might be guilty of being overly fussy on this point, but I do not think that a crew neck tee shirt should display man-cleavage.

On the upside, I now have two very roomy and warm tee shirts to wear while lounging around the house.
71 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 10, 2017
The texture of the shirt is great... size was as expected. Not too heavy, not too light. So why the poor review? Take a look at the pics. There is a 2 1/2 - 3" gap on the left side of the shirt. The gap... it wasn't even sewn together. I'm thinking this was an oversight that should have never made it out the door. But if their verification/quality assurance is lacking... how many others have they missed? Just inspect all items that you receive.
review imagereview image
|0Comment|Report abuse
I usually wear Carhartt . I have purchased Key overalls so I tried these shirts which can be hard to find in Long tails . They are not as heavy and they run huge . Easily one size over normal and are made in Pakistan . Since their 100% cotton I am assuming they will shrink but I have just received them . They are tag less which is nice but they spray in black ink the key name on the back of the shirt like one which I didn't care for but hey Carhartt puts a logo on the pocket of their shirts .

I have to give them a 5 though I wish they were heavier the weight is nice . Cotton is comfortable and they are plenty large for layering if you order your normal size . The price is darn near half of other brands at the current sale price . I have learned to not wait and just buy these when I can get a discount at all . These compare to Penny's St Johns Bay shirts , they are higher quality and cut large . They are truly for guys that are big not just tall like the Carhartt's seem to run in each size . I refuse to buy any shirts without a the extra tuck in fabric . These will never show your plumbers crack . Great deal now , the long sleeves even came with hangers I kid you not . For $11 with winter coming these are nice inside the house lounging around in a pair of gym pants . They also are a great layer over a thermal and under a sweater building layers and being large make for allot of trapped air keeping in warmth . Even though it is fall I picked up some short sleeves too for spring to replace the ones I ruined this year . The time to get these is when their discounted . At this price I wouldn't go whole hog but it is rare you find them in the XLT sizes discounted much more as the economy is improving .

Colors are flat but nice .
on May 19, 2014
I am 6'2" and 320. I bought this shirt in 3XL, tall and regular. The tall was a little long, it hung over my pockets but not so long as to be annoying. The regular was just a little shorter but not short enough that my gut hung out. Even at my weight the shirt fits perfectly. Not tight at all and not too loose. Great quality. I would compare this favorably against the t-shirts from Casual Male/Destination XL at more than twice the price. Definitely my new choice in t-shirts. Also, the Key tab on the pocket is very small and only one shirt had a key logo on the back. I found neither to be obnoxious.

(P.S. Please include your height and weight if you are reviewing a big & tall piece of clothing. Stating you're big doesn't tell the person reading your review anything helpful about which size to order.)
5 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2017
You will not regret buying these. They fit great ----- if you like a little room --- and after buying several I have had no issues. Other brands are much heavier material and may last longer but I just like the feel of these.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.