Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $14.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Keychron K8 Tenkeyless Wireless Mechanical Keyboard for Mac, Bluetooth RGB Backlight Multitasking Type-C Wired Gaming Keyboard for Windows with Gateron Red Switch, Aluminum Frame
Enhance your purchase
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, USB|
|Special Feature||Wireless, Bluetooth, Lighting|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone|
|Color||Gateron Red Switch|
|Number of Keys||87|
|Number of Buttons||87|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A tenkeyless layout (87-key) RGB backlight Gateron switch Bluetooth mechanical keyboard with CNC processed aluminum frame. The K8 is crafted to maximize your workspace and enhance productivity.
- With a unique Mac layout while compatible with Windows, the Keychron K8 has all essential multimedia and function keys you need. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
- Connect with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K8 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- The K8 comes with a With the Gateron Red switch providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the linear Red switch with a durable 50 million keystroke lifespan. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.capacity of 4000mAh. The K8 can last up to 72 hours (tested with static RGB lighting), or up to 9 days of normal use (8 hrs/day).
- The K8 can last up to 200 hours (with backlight off) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboards. Two level adjustable feet and inclined bottom frame provides a great ergonomic support for long lasting typing comfort.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Keychron K8 Bluetooth Wireless Mechanical Keyboard - Aluminum Frame
Keychron K8 Highlights:
- Tenkeyless layout wireless mechanical keyboard
- Wireless & wired
- For Mac & Windows
- Connects up to 3 devices
- Gateron Mechanical switch
- 15+ types of RGB backlight
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Up to 240 hrs of typing (backlight off)
- 1 x Keychron K8 Keyboard (NOT Hot-swappable)
- 1 x USB-A to Type-C cable
- 1 x Keycap Puller
- 1 x User Manual
Tenkeyless Bluetooth Mechanical Keyboard
Keychron K8 is a tenkeyless layout (87-key) RGB backlight Bluetooth mechanical keyboard. The K8 is crafted to maximize your workspace and enhance productivity.
With a unique Mac layout provides all necessary Mac function keys, while compatible with Windows. It connects with up to 3 devices with the latest Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset proved from time to time.
Gateron Red Switch
The pre-installed Gateron Red switch features a smooth linear feeling with a durable 50 million keystroke lifespan.
A tenkeyless layout (87-key) RGB backlight Bluetooth mechanical keyboard with CNC processed aluminum frame. Meticulously designed layout and inclined bottom frame makes the K8 more comfortable to type.
Wireless and Wired Dual Modes
Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K8 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
For Mac & Windows
With a unique Mac layout and Windows compatibility, the K8 is offering convenient accessibility to all the essential multimedia and function keys. Just plug and use, no driver is needed. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating systems are included.
4000mAh Big Battery
K8 can last up to 24 hours typing with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
15+ RGB Lighting Options
Charming RGB lighting with elegant legends will match up to your mood, you can also choose other static backlight modes. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with 50 million keystroke lifespan, providing unrivaled responsiveness on the linear Red switch.
Community Driven Design
Covered by major tech media which thanks to our community that contributed to make a perfect design.
|K6 Hot Swappable||K6||K8||K2||K8 Hot Swappable||K1|
|Layout||65% 68 Key||65% 68 Key||75% 87 Key||75% 84 Key||75% 87 Key||75% 87 Key|
|Available Switch Type||Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch||Optical /Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch||Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch||Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch||Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch||Gateron Red/Blue/Brown Switch|
|Dimension||317 x 107 x 37mm||317 x 107 x 37mm||359 x 127mm X front 35mm/rear 42mm||317 x 129 x 38.5mm||359 x 127mm X front 35mm/rear 42mm||355 x 120 x 18mm|
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Amazon Customer on October 3, 2020
Primarily (will be) used for development on an MBP via Bluetooth (usually) with external monitors.
The cable does not (yet?) work with my Surface Pro 5 but Bluetooth connects and works fine.
The blue ("clicky") switches are exactly to what I've grown accustomed from an IBM Model M keyboard. I like the lack of a ten-key pad, although I do miss it *occasionally*, though more often I like the (lack of) distance my right hand needs to travel to reach the mouse. Definitely needs a wrist rest. At least under Windows, the F-keys are F-keys first and media/brightness/organization/backlight keys only when the fn key is held, which I like. Per the instructions, this is the default and you can make the media/brightness/organization/backlight keys default in Windows.
I like this keyboard a lot and will definitely stick with the Keychron brand but might return this for the even smaller alternative (specifically, the K2, definitely hot-swappable [when I bought it, given the price of $99, I thought what I had purchased *was* the hot-swappable, my fault there]);
The switches are fantastic (I like the click, very much like the M); however, the keys overall feel just a little bit "lighter" than the M. The distance to activation (that probably has a proper name... the distance you need to press a key... seems just a hair longer than that of the Model M). To me, both of these are marginal but I imagine these are the kinds of differences that matter to gamers and more serious typists! The keycaps are comfortable but (probably) cheap.
I think both the aluminum case and RBG are a "nice to have" (although I got them); I do not (think!) I intend to travel with this keyboard (very much... I don't think my coworkers would appreciate it at work, unfortunately; if I intended to travel, I could see the aluminum case being a necessity). The cool feel of the aluminum case is nice, however. I only like maybe 3-4 of the RBG options, including the white backlight (which I think is standard, and a necessity, to be sure).
- keys that stick out (unlike Mac/Apple keys)
- cool RGB
- big enough (full-size) for my big hands to not feel cramped while typing
- just enough "click" when I press the key (idk why, it's just satisfying)
- heavy/dense material so the keyboard doesn't move around when I type (aggressively & quickly)
This keyboard is the first one to satisfy all of the above requirements. The fact that it has the option to be wireless is just a bonus. Personally, I use the cable because I don't like relying on Bluetooth, but Bluetooth is an option with this keyboard.
I strongly recommend this keyboard to those that are picky like I am. I was skeptical at first because I had never heard of this brand before, but now that I know they're legit, I will definitely be a returning customer and spread the word.
9.5/10 (only reason it's not 10/10 is because I wish the battery lasted a little longer. tiny request but otherwise it's a 10/10)