- "A most informative read for anyone afflicted with chronic inflammatory disease." -Michael Ozner, M.D., author of The Complete Mediterranean Diet
- Rebecca Fett has "done an excellent job in distilling very complex microbiome science and presenting it in a clear and engaging fashion." - Randy Longman, M.D. ,Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
- "Accessible, practical, and highly useful." -Rodney Dietert, Ph.D., author of The Human Superorganism
- "For readers who want to learn more about the way diet can change their quality of life, this manual is easy-to-understand, full of relevant data, and well-organized. A helpful and well-researched plan for improving gut health, reducing inflammation, and avoiding disease triggers." - Kirkus Reviews
- "It's rare to find an alternative health book so thoroughly backed by scientific studies, but The Keystone Approach for Psoriasis and Arthritis is not only a specific, authoritative recommendation, but represents a satisfying intersection of traditional and alternative approaches to healing. It should be in any health collection where autoimmune diseases are of interest." - Midwest Book Reviews
- "The Keystone Approach is a must-read for anyone suffering from psoriasis, joint pain, or any of the host of inflammation related disorders. Rebecca Fett has developed an exhaustively researched but easy to follow protocol to heal the gut and reduce systemic inflammation. Her recommendations are easy to implement and could prove to be life changing." - Robert Santos-Prowse, Ph.D., author of The Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet.
From the Back Cover
In those with psoriasis or autoimmune arthritis, there is often a characteristic lack of certain beneficial bacteria that normally regulate the immune system - known as"keystone" species. This is typically coupled with an overabundance of potentially harmful bacteria that further trigger the inflammatory response. The Keystone Approach calms inflammation at the source by restoring the balance of good and bad bacteria in the microbiome.
Based on an in-depth analysis of the latest scientific evidence, The Keystone Approach also explains how to optimize the Mediterranean diet for the greatest reduction in inflammation, along with providing detailed guidance for choosing supplements supported by good-quality clinical trials.