Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Khru Nan
Khru Nan* is a linguist with a passion in education. With a Ph.D. in Linguistics from UK, she has been teaching languages and linguistics at various universities.
She enjoys cooking, helping students in learning, and creating a free educational podcast “You too can learn Thai” (www.YouTooCanLearnThai.com).
Join our growing community of Thai language learners at www.facebook.com/youtoocanlearnthai.
*Khru (ครู) means “teacher” in Thai.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Khru Nan
This book is intended for Thai learners who seek to improve writing in 44 Thai consonant letters. It provides a systematic approach to writing Thai alphabet by dissecting individual letter into components and contrasting similar-looking letters.
Start by learning the eight basic components of Thai alphabet (as summarized by Khru Nan), namely: circles, straight lines, arches, diagonal lines, loops, beak, bases, and "v". - - - - Then, rediscover Thai consonant letters
ก ข ฃ ค ฅ ฆ ง จ ฉ ช ซ ฌ ญ ฎ ฏ ฐ ฑ ฒ ณ ด ต ถ ท ธ น บ ป ผ ฝ พ ฟ ภ ม ย ร ล ว ศ ษ ส ห ฬ อ ฮ.
The instruction shows you how to write each letter step-by-step with sample handwriting and typeface forms for comparison. It also includes a simple pronunciation guide as well as International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
The book is presented in a clear format and you can test your knowledge with simple exercises in the book.
Suitable for Thai language learners interested in improving their Thai alphabet writing logically and systematically.
Created by Khru Nan, a linguist with Ph.D. in Linguistics from UK and the creator of "You too can learn Thai" podcast (www.YouTooCanLearnThai.com).
* FREE audio companion: https://anchor.fm/learnthai/episodes/48-Numbers--counting--animals--and-fruits---Audio-companion-to-the-book-My-first-Thai--English---Counting-1-to-10-e154943
About this book:
* Teach kids to be bilingual in English and Thai starting at a young age. Learn Thai & English vocabulary and counting at the same time.
* Learn the basic concept of counting.
* Designed by Khru Nan, Ph.D. in linguistics and the host of the "You too can learn Thai" podcast.
* Cute and brightly colored images accompany each number and word.
* Elephants, cows, apples, bananas, etc. -- the fundamental words for kids' vocabulary.
* Summary at the end of the book. Great for parents to help children practice. Have a quality family time with your kids.
* 8.5 x 8.5 inches, perfect size to hold (in the paperback version).
* Makes for a fun and great educational gift!