Kickbox - Core Cross Train
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
martial arts and boxing-inspired moves to strengthen your core and reshape your whole body. Achieve endurance, precision and grace in a single workout that s broken into four targeted sections: Punches, Core Energizer, Power Kicks and Ultimate Kickboxing.
Four energetic, endurance-building workout segments targeting all areas for total body conditioning.
About the Actor
Top Customer Reviews
The only problem (and it's the same problem I have with a lot of these newer Gaiam DVDs) is that there's not really much attention paid to modification, or to people who might have issues like old knee injuries. While there's a lot of kickboxing workouts that are perfectly compatible with a relatively low-impact workout that is safe for your joints (especially your knees), this isn't one of them. There is a ton of twisting, all done in a semi squat position, which is very hard on the knees, and a lot of twisting to full stop, without any guidance on modification, etc.
If you don't have any joint problems I'd say you can probably do this workout and really enjoy it - it is a challenge and a good workout. If you have any knee problems or joint issues, I'd suggest try-before-you-buy if you can.
* Great cardio workout. You FEEL it in your thighs and abs before the workout is even over. Plus, I like that Patricia Moreno emphasizes how to focus on your core. Too many instructors assume you know this, but it's really good to hear it again so you can get the most out of every exercise/movement.
* No jumping. If, like me, your knees, ankles and feet need a break every now and then, but you still want a cardio workout, this is a good one for those days. I was totally winded at the end my first few times doing it and I'm in pretty good shape.
* Some people hate this, but I really liked Ms. Moreno's affirmations. She has a catch phrase, "if you give 100%, you will improve 100%" that she repeats, but I liked the reminder that I'm going to get back what I put in. If you don't need this, or don't like it, I would say just laugh when she says it, or come up with your own quip to think when she says it.
* Good timing on the moves. By that I mean, she doesn't do any one movement too much at a time, but comes back to the moves in combination so you feel like you are building up to something.
* Some people complain that there are no modifications, but she works into each move from a "base" move, so you can always fall back to that if it gets too hard for your level. As a person with bad knees and feet, I didn't find anything too hard, though sometimes I didn't bend as deep as she did, or kept my moves smaller than hers until I was up to that level.Read more ›
It's a great calorie burning workout that helps increase balance and strength. If you think about it, you can really feel your core engage while doing this. The segments start to get harder as the workout goes on, and I admit I found the kickboxing combos a little challenging and took a while to get more comfortable with it. You'll really feel your muscles the next day for sure. My favourite part of it all though is the stretch at the end. It's so relaxing and deserved after finishing this. I've even done the stretch segment at the end of a day without having done a workout because I find it so relaxing.
Overall, this is a great workout. It will burn fat and get you fitter. I really enjoy it and hope you will too.
That said, I was surprised to find myself really sweating with this workout. It's not one of those jumpy-jiggly videos where you pretend to jumprope and all that jazz. It's low impact, but you'll be so surprised at how sore your core is the next day.
Some may find the instructor's incessant talking a little annoying, but I find it useful in keeping my form in check. Perhaps when I do the workout more it'll start to get annoying, but not yet.
I have found that my form has improved with my gym workouts and overall I am using my core more often in other exercises.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it! Great for your core without doing a single sit up. Must try this video if you enjoy kickboxing. I have bought copies for friends.Published 6 months ago by Ash
There are so many ads you HAVE TO watch at the beginning of this dvd, I rarely use it. My time is limited, yet every time I want to workout, I have to watch all their... Read morePublished 9 months ago by JJ
An easy to intermediate workout. Broken into 4 different workouts. Just uses arms in first, core in second and legs in third. Combines the 3 in the fourth workout. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Janine L
I only found the "Kicks" section effective. The rest of the DVD was hardly a workout - definitely not recommended for intermediate level exercisers - only for beginners. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Lilian Fernandes