Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on April 22, 2014
I bought this to replace a blown woofer in my 2001 Toyota Avalon. It does not fit perfectly into the plastic adapter that fits into the car frame. I used some zip ties to connect the woofer to the adapter and then reattached the adapter to the car with its screws. It doesn't vibrate at all and sounds great.

The speaker itself does not come with any wiring, so make sure you save the old wires or buy new. I spliced some new wire to the old white connector and it clicked right into place.

The speaker cover/ light housing fit right over the new speaker with no problems. I recommend this speaker for your avalon with a blown JBL woofer.
on June 10, 2014
Added as a replacement to the stock sub for my 14 civic si. No change to amp or anything else and there was a nice increase in the bass even in free air application
on June 2, 2016
Yes, the Kicker Comp met all my expectations. Replaced the blown JBL subwoofer in my 2001 Toyota Avalon. Just a few needed adjustments on the hold down screws and wiring the stock plug. It sounds perfect, done with installation in 2 hours.
on March 26, 2012
Shipped on time, and arrived intact. I installed them the day they came in. Theese are a huge improvement over the free cheaply made 8" that came free with the box I bought. This is my 2nd pair of Kicker Comp 8". I should have kept the first pair, but hind sight is 20/20. Theese things are solid, tight, and with a good amp, they definitely make the difference in sound quality. The Kicker Comp series is the best BOOM for your buck. I'm definitely happy with mine.
on April 30, 2017
Great sound
on April 23, 2015
Shipping was very fast, With in a week it was at my door. It arrived in perfect condition. Installation was a bit tricky as the holes on the sub do not line up with the whole in your car, also you will have to wiggle the piece out that holds the speaker in place and cut the wires to fit correctly. Besides that this little sub is AWESOME! im stll running the stock amp which is underpowered for this sub, it picks up the highs great but not so much on the lows. if your coming from the blown out stock speaker this will be a big improvement, if your just looking for clean bass this should be perfect for you. If you want this thing to really thump you have to upgrade the stock amplifier and some other minor changes. Im going to upgrade the amp to a 200w kicker amp in the next couple weeks i will post update to really see if it deserves a 5!

UPDATE 6/11/2015
I've had this sub for about 4 months now and im still VERY pleased with my purchase. I finally added the 200 Watt kicker amp and let me tell you guys this thing has some nice hard thump for its size! i took it to get professionally installed it was only 60 bucks and took 45 mintues, super worth it for me. I can feel the bass when it hits now, I even get some trunk rattle and my rear view mirrors shake a bit as well. Although this only temporary till i get some real nose tickling bass i am VERY VERY happy!
on December 12, 2010
Great replacement for a blown JBL 8 inch woofer in a 2001 Toyota Avalon. Very good value for the price! Sounds very good !
on January 18, 2016
nice product arrived on time
on April 22, 2015
Great replacement for your Toyota subwoofer
on February 19, 2015