Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 303 reviews
on May 27, 2015
We buy 2 of the larger pouches on sub & save every month due to my obsession with this coffee.

Kick Ass Coffee has turned me into a coffee snob - according to my husband... I guess I am, I will drink nothing else and I've been known to go to GREAT lengths to take it with me of trips and vacation.

I'd credit Kick Ass Coffee with saving me lots of $$ + saving me from high sugar & fat intake, as they have stolen me from a Starbuck's habit.

I drink it black and the flavor is the best I've ever tasted by far.

Every Christmas I send a tin to my other coffee lovin friends and family and they love it.

Tins are also great to reuse for storage or upcycle.

Kick Ass Coffee - you have my heart
review image
on March 9, 2014
I love to grind and brew my own coffee beans at home and am no stranger to a large, dark, cup of joe. This company Kicking Horse puts out a very good product. I find the coffee to be superior to the main stream coffee stores here, especially the one that starts with a "S". It has an very dark, earthy, full taste with slight hints of cocoa. The coffee also has a low acidity value to it which is more gentle to my stomach.
I have also received many compliments from my family and friends about this coffee and how they could get their hands on some. This is my go to coffee in the morning. Even goes great with some of my favorite cigars. I brew mine at a medium grind with the Technivorn Moccamaster. The combination is fantastic, and makes me wonder why I ever spend $2-3 on a cup on mediocre coffee when I can have this in the comfort of my own home.
on January 24, 2014
This has become an expensive habit. Someone, anyone, anyone at all, please tell us a grocery store alternative as we can't find it. This is an incredibly rich, non acidic, robust coffee. Perfect, as Shiner Bock beer is the perfect beer. The problem is that now that we have moved to the Hinterlands of Minnesota we: A) NEED this coffee and B) can't get this coffee...unless we order it online C) crave this coffee. We get whole bean, being purists but not snobs, use a Faberware percolator (God forbid this little gem ever breaks), and use a little heavy handed amount of ground beans. Perfect cuppa joe.
on March 30, 2013
I am a Kicking Horse coffee fan and have consumed lots of their choices. Generally, I grind the beans medium-coarse and process in a french press daily. Most all KH coffees are very good quality and their descriptions on the cans & websites are accurate, in my opinion. I tried Z-Wrangler recently, just to see what was up with it. It is a well balanced, medium roast, blend of beans that gives a clear & shiny cup of coffee. Many could drink this all day, every day. My wife likes it and she is not a coffee drinker. I can drink it but usually add an extra scoop of grounds to ramp up the body & flavors. My daily preference is KH 3-Sisters as it is a more robust and a bit darker. For stronger, amped up flavor, I make the 454 Horsepower. Z-wrangler is likable and could be a brighter version of 3-Sisters with a bit more acidity and lighter body. Thanks also goto Amazon for making this possible! Finding KH coffees in western Wisconsin is difficult, and Amazon rocks for service and providing the goods!
on January 12, 2017
I love the taste of this coffee but it is not for everyone. This is a very smokey dark blend, somewhere near a French roast, maybe even surpassing it and heading to a continental or New Orleans roast. The smoke is definitely noticeable. I like it on a cold winter morning. The beans had a nice sheen to them and they ground well straight out of the tin. I wasn't very impressed with the roasting date, as they were roasted several months ago and had a use by date of April, but it is coffee from the internet. You are not going to get a freshly roasted bean on Amazon. The tin is a nice addition to my coffee shelf and will definitely be refilled again from Amazon.
on October 21, 2013
I am by no means a coffee connoisseur. I've rarely had a cup I didn't like. Some are just better than others. Sometimes by leaps and bounds. Let's face it. You can get a cup just about anywhere!
My preference gravitates to the dark, robust flavors found in Indonesia. Sumatra in particular. But I do like a lot of the South/Central American varieties as well as Kenyans. At home, I prefer to grind my own fresh whole beans. I feel it's the best way to extract the most flavor for your brew. I also use a thermal carafe to prevent burning. That being said, if you have similar preferences, you'll like this Kicking Horse 454. The beans are dark, oily, and aromatic with a hint of tobacco scent. No lack of flavor here!
Now, here's the kicker (no pun intended), try Archer Farms "French Roast", my previous batch. That's right, Target's store brand @ $7/12oz. I'm also a smoker, so my palate and/or wallet may be a factor... ...either way, both are darn good coffee!
on January 3, 2015
For over a year we had been drinking the Kicking Horse Z-Wrangler coffee. In December it was no longer available on subscribe and save so, I thought we'd give Three Sisters a try. Unfortunately, the flavor was not comparable. It tasted watery with a slightly bitter overtone, not in any way similar to the full flavor of the Z-Wrangler. We are relative coffee snobs we use a Gagga Platinum super-automatic machine and drink coffee daily. Due to the lack in availability of our prefered Z-Wrangler and the unsatisfactory flavor profile of the Three Sisters blend we will be looking at other roasters for our monthly coffee purchace.
on July 24, 2014
To start out with, I'm not sure if it's because these are premium beans, but I use a hand burr grinder and these beans are SO much smoother to grind. The aroma of the beans is simply amazing, and the first sip of this coffee, after french pressing, was amazing! I had been a huge fan of Starbucks veranda blend, but I think I may be a subscriber to this brand from here on out. This coffee is chalk full of flavor and it sure does produce an almost instant buzz! Great way to wake up in the morning! If you use a french press, be sure and give this brand a try!
on August 8, 2012
I like the Kicking Horse brand of coffees and Three Sisters is my usual all-day choice. There comes a time when one needs a bit more power to start the day and 454 Horse Power totally punches the starter! The full body & flavor with low acidity is true. There is no "burnt sox" smell to these beans. Its a dark and rich blend with excellent flavor. I have tried several cans of the Kick Ass Dark with no complaints but no real bonding either. The 454 Horse Power Dark is perfect for when a richer, darker, brew with "wake-up!!" powers is needed! The beans are nicely dark-roasted & fresh. My 454HP is med coarse ground as needed and done in a french press - yes, I want all the oils & flavors possible! It should provide serious espresso too. Normally, I don't use added condiments to my coffee, but 454HP will be fine for those wanting sugar or cream. I've placed 454HP into subscription!
on January 4, 2014
I ordered this coffee (along with the Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill) for my dad as a Christmas present. He is a frequent coffee drinker. The difference between freshly, ground Kicking Horse coffee and the preground Folgers stuff is PHENOMENAL! He absolutely loves it. I am usually not a fan of coffee unless it has a lot of sugar and cream in it, but this stuff tastes incredible. I drink it BLACK and love it. Kicking Horse has made a coffee fanatic out of me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.