Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on October 20, 2016
Works good, used it a few times in the couple months I've had it. Extends and retracts when it should. Sags quite a bit in the middle. Ground-anchor tubes are very difficult to pound into hard ground... would be easier if they were pointed or tapered somehow. Sag might be helped if I angled the ground tubes differently, but WAY too hard to reset them, so I'll just leave it.
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 11, 2015
The product itself is well-made. We leave it out through New Hampshire winters (acts like a driveway marker!) and the retraction mechanism has worked flawlessly when summer eventually comes. If you have rocky soil, digging a deep enough hole to deeply place the tubes is very difficult. This is not a product flaw, so I am giving it 5 stars, but you should really check your soil first.
3 helpful votes
on June 7, 2017
Works great. I retrofit to use inside my garage door to keep my lab safe since he just become blind. He can safely be in the garage and protected from wandering in the street
on May 3, 2015
Good quality product, seems durable. I bought some PVC pipe to make extra ground anchors so we can choose to place it one of two spots. The ground anchors are long enough that it stays in place even when the ground is wet and spongy.

Update: been using this two years now and it's still holding up. It's not failsafe in keeping the kids contained but it's a great deterrent and slows them down as they try to leave the safety of our driveway.
review imagereview image
on November 10, 2015
I like this for safety and to give the kids a visual "do not cross" boundary when playing outside. It helps give me peace of mind, and my kids know not to go past it. However, it doesn't really retract very well. It kid of folds up on itself and gets wound in a way such that the last several feet don't retract anymore. This, after only a few uses. But now a month or so in, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It helps if I turn the bar sideways (parallel to the ground) as I retract it.
So, it's kind of ugly having slack of the bright orange netting be the first thing you see on our driveway. Still, that's not a deal breaker for me. This is the 2nd driveway guard we've had, the first was a different brand but it had the same problem.
on September 9, 2013
This driveway fence does what I intended it to do and that is to provide a border so my kids know to stay clear of the road nearby and for cars driving by to notice there are kids at play. It can stop rolling balls from entering the road if installed low enough. I like the orange color for these reasons. I went ahead and purchased it despite the reviews stating how it doesn't retract well and those reviews are absolutely right. It is kind of annoying but I just wrap the couple of feet that doesnt retract around the pole. It tends to roll up more on one end and then gets to a point where it can't retract any further. If you take it out of the little plastic pole that holds it steady in the ground and use 2 people to help guide it correctly it will retract all the way. Of course my wife and I stopped bothering with that because the 2 of us aren't always around when we want to roll it up so we'll just do that when we store it for the winter.
Make sure you measure the width of your driveway AND how much further you want the fence to extend. Also, we placed it a little further into the driveway so there's enough room for our cars when we pull up and have to get out to retract it and so we don't have any part of our vehicle sticking out into the road while we're waiting to have the fence retracted.
Overall, it may not be perfect but I am satisfied with the purchase otherwise I would have returned it.
on August 22, 2017
Absolutely horrible! Worked once before it started folding over while retracting. I'd have to stand there for a good 5-10 minutes fussing with the netting so it would retract without it bunching up. Now it won't retract more than a couple of feet and it completely sags. Complete waste of money.
on October 7, 2017
I wish the bottom was weighted. Other than that it's great. Light. Easy to put in and take out (my son can do it). I would give this 5 stars if the bottom was weighted.
on June 17, 2017
Works great. Seperated my backyard in half with 3 of these. Keeps my small dog away from or ducks and wild rabbits. Must make sure you set pvc tubes that anchor poles at angle to keep top tight. If using for pets as I do bottom needs to stakedown also. Easy to retract and remove for mowing. Wish I had done it a year earlier. My rescue pup got to 3 rabbits before I bought these.
on April 12, 2010
I bought this to help prevent my young children from riding their bikes into the street when playing in the driveway.

Very easy to install, it took me all of maybe 15 minutes to unbox it, make the holes, and set it up. You have to make sure the PVC pipes that go into the ground go in completely level, otherwise the retraction device will not work well. It states to do this in the directions, though.

Now, I've read several reviews that say that a kid can figure out how to get under it, yadda yadda. Well, if you want to truly stop a toddler or child from getting past an obstacle, then build a true fence, and put gates over your driveway. No reasonable person looks at a mesh gate and thinks, hey, this will totally stop my kid from going around it or under it.

What is it supposed to do? It is supposed to stop balls from rolling in the street. But, it also stops my kids from riding their bikes or skateboards into the street, too. That's what it's designed for.

What's better is, when people drive by my house now, they see the bright orange mesh and immediately slow down. I think it is making people more alert that they need to be on the look out for kids. My neighbors were so impressed that they are buying one, too -- so with a couple of these next to each other, drivers on the road will probably have even more caution.

Great product, easy to install, does what it is supposed to do.
87 helpful votes